Went To East Texas. Got Handled A Copy of The Constitution.

BarryLaverty

Took the youngest daughter to tour SFA, her 3rd choice, and I was personally very impressed with the beauty and layout of the campus and the info received. Then, went into local joint called Kinfolks for some afternoon breakfast, and a gentleman in coveralls handed us all a little book with the Constitution inside. Think that's how he spends some of his time, or we might have given off a vibe! 
Enjoyed my day visit to parts of the state new to me. Didn't get any Republican on me. Checked it off the bucket list! 😉 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Took the youngest daughter to tour SFA, her 3rd choice, and I was personally very impressed with the beauty and layout of the campus and the info received. Then, went into local joint called Kinfolks for some afternoon breakfast, and a gentleman in coveralls handed us all a little book with the Constitution inside. Think that's how he spends some of his time, or we might have given off a vibe! 
Enjoyed my day visit to parts of the state new to me. Didn't get any Republican on me. Checked it off the bucket list! 😉 

I know a lot of people who graduated from SFA. It’s definitely a pretty part of the state and a pretty campus. 

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I know a lot of people who graduated from SFA. It’s definitely a pretty part of the state and a pretty campus. 

I'm one of them.....she will totally enjoy Nac and SFA if she decides to go there.......

She is leaning hard toward Texas State because of friends who are there starting August, but we are sending test scores to both, and throwing in UT and TCU, which are both 'reach' schools for educators' kids that don't give merit aid much. I would be happy with SFA. No Aggies of my kids!!! 😏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Yours truly went to school there. Hope y'all enjoyed the visit.

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

She is leaning hard toward Texas State because of friends who are there starting August, but we are sending test scores to both, and throwing in UT and TCU, which are both 'reach' schools for educators' kids that don't give merit aid much. I would be happy with SFA. No Aggies of my kids!!! 😏

Put your foot down on UT. Very liberal school lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Glad that you enjoyed the Piney Woods, is she majoring in education? I think education and forestry are still their 2 biggest majors. I know the campus has changed a lot since I was there some 30 years ago. But it is still a great place. My daughter is gathering information about it also, we haven't taken the trip down there yet. I'd love for her to go to SFA--since my sister lives just 25 miles away in Lufkin--and would be easy for her to help if there was a problem. Did you go to the "old stone fort"? 

I'd love to tell some great places to eat, but they have all changed so much since I was there. If you go back, you need to try "Butcher Boys" it made some great burgers back in the day--sister still goes by there every once in a while and tells me about it. LOL. 

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

is she majoring in education?

Probably leaning toward Communications right now...bragging, but she was an all state UIL Journalism qualifier for two years so far. She really liked the campus, but then didn't like it as much when her mother and I approved! 😏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

I majored in Sports Shack Studies.  I was head of the class.

I majored in nothing...I took roughly one semester of college years ago, and a few other courses since then, but I'm nowhere near close to a degree. Way back when I was in high school, I had a few different things I wanted to do. At one point I wanted to be: an Architect, A Psychologist, a Physicist, an Electrical Engineer, and a Programmer. Wasn't too sure on Psychology or Physics because I didn't want to take all that time to get a Doctorate. I forget why I didn't go the Architecture route, but as most(??) of you know, I ended up in Software Engineering.

17 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Took the youngest daughter to tour SFA, her 3rd choice, and I was personally very impressed with the beauty and layout of the campus and the info received.

Are women who go to SFA referred to as Lumberjills? Lady Lumberjacks? Lady Jacks??

1 minute ago, Monte1076 said:

I majored in nothing...I took roughly one semester of college years ago, and a few other courses since then, but I'm nowhere near close to a degree. Way back when I was in high school, I had a few different things I wanted to do. At one point I wanted to be: an Architect, A Psychologist, a Physicist, an Electrical Engineer, and a Programmer. Wasn't too sure on Psychology or Physics because I didn't want to take all that time to get a Doctorate. I forget why I didn't go the Architecture route, but as most(??) of you know, I ended up in Software Engineering.

I would enroll for the semester, go for about a month or so and then stop going. I would love to know at what point they quit calling my name for attendance.  It was probably pretty funny to those who actually went to class.  I wasted alot of $ on that stupidity.

Just now, DAWG91 said:

I would enroll for the semester, go for about a month or so and then stop going. I would love to know at what point they quit calling my name for attendance.  It was probably pretty funny to those who actually went to class.  I wasted alot of $ on that stupidity.

I had an Algebra book stolen and didn't have the money to buy a new one.

17 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Beautiful campus.  Kinfolks is where the old geezers go to drink coffee.  

4 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Probably leaning toward Communications right now...bragging, but she was an all state UIL Journalism qualifier for two years so far. She really liked the campus, but then didn't like it as much when her mother and I approved! 😏

Lots of conservatives in Nacogdoches.  She’ll probably meet a nice young man there