MOVIE BOMBS AT BOX OFFICE......LeBron James’ ‘Space Jam’ Opens with Disappointing $32M

RETIREDFAN1

I didn't go see the first one, and I wasn't about to see this one especially without Pepe LePew.  I did hear it beat out "Black Widow", but movie theaters may become a thing of the past.  The quality of movies has gone extremely downhill in the past 20 years in my opinion.  There have only been a few that have drawn me to the theater.  From what I've also read, critics didn't help this movie out as well.  Usually when they hate a movie that usually means it's good or that was the way it used to be with Siskel and Ebert.  

Hate to burst your bubble.   Space Jam is already ranked in the top 15 gross profit in just the opening weekend.  

The Numbers - Top-Grossing Movies of 2021 (the-numbers.com)

Ranked in the top 3 in top opening weekend in 2021/   ( Behind Black Widow & A Quiet Place II )

Domestic Box Office Weekends For 2021 - Box Office Mojo

Trying to compare movies before & after the pandemic is like comparing apples and oranges.  

22 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I didn't go see the first one, and I wasn't about to see this one especially without Pepe LePew.  I did hear it beat out "Black Widow", but movie theaters may become a thing of the past.  The quality of movies has gone extremely downhill in the past 20 years in my opinion.  There have only been a few that have drawn me to the theater.  From what I've also read, critics didn't help this movie out as well.  Usually when they hate a movie that usually means it's good or that was the way it used to be with Siskel and Ebert.  

I d saw the first one, and I remember liking it.  I don't plan to see this one.   Kids don't seem interested in it.