Over Half of Unvaccinated Americans Say They're Not Concerned About Delta Variant

RETIREDFAN1

2 minutes ago, Purpleforever said:

It doesn't matter what new medical gadget or achievement you have, when it is your time, game over.

God Will Save Me

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.”

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will save me.”

The floodwaters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No thank you! God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a canoe. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?”

• Like 1

6 fully vaccinated Derelictocrats just contracted Covid.  I’ve already had Covid, so why vaccinate if the vaccine won’t stop me from getting it again?  Makes 0 sense, especially when foreign doctors are saying that natural immunity is stronger/better than the vaccine.  Also especially knowing how many time America’s premier viralologistical dr Faucci has jumped sides.

4 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

God Will Save Me

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.”

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will save me.”

The floodwaters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No thank you! God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a canoe. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?”

Doesn't change the fact, when the good Lord calls for you, you're done.

6 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

God Will Save Me

A liberal telling God jokes!!!! 
Wow…

34 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

6 fully vaccinated Derelictocrats just contracted Covid.  I’ve already had Covid, so why vaccinate if the vaccine won’t stop me from getting it again?  Makes 0 sense, especially when foreign doctors are saying that natural immunity is stronger/better than the vaccine.  Also especially knowing how many time America’s premier viralologistical dr Faucci has jumped sides.

To reduce the effects if you do get it? Most of the vaccinated people who contract it through "breakthrough" cases get relatively mild cases.

In the movie "Gone With the Wind" the rich southern plantation owners were sitting around drinking scotch and smoking cigars and talking about how fast they were going to whip the yankees. Captain Butler pointed out to them that there was not a single cannon factory in the entire south. They dismissed his warning by asking what difference that makes to gentlemen. He warned that soon it was going to make a great deal of difference to a great many gentlemen. Im afraid that in the next few month the delta variant is going to make a great deal of difference to a great many of those unvaccinated folks that are currently not concerned about it. Fwiw...I hope I am wrong.

38 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

To reduce the effects if you do get it? Most of the vaccinated people who contract it through "breakthrough" cases get relatively mild cases.

Aren't most cases relatively mild cases?  Most have to get a test to even know they have it.  I'd say that is pretty darn mild if you have it and have little to no symptoms.  

44 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

In the movie "Gone With the Wind" the rich southern plantation owners were sitting around drinking scotch and smoking cigars and talking about how fast they were going to whip the yankees. Captain Butler pointed out to them that there was not a single cannon factory in the entire south. They dismissed his warning by asking what difference that makes to gentlemen. He warned that soon it was going to make a great deal of difference to a great many gentlemen. Im afraid that in the next few month the delta variant is going to make a great deal of difference to a great many of those unvaccinated folks that are currently not concerned about it. Fwiw...I hope I am wrong.

Seriously though, what causes you to have this fear of the delta variant?  What studies have you seen?  How long has it been around?  What happened to alpha, beta, charlie?

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

I wasn’t hospitalized the time I had it.  Do you think a second case of it will be worse?  

has everybody in your house been vaccinated?

47 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

What makes you think you’re right?  Just curious.  Because I’m seeing it’s as contagious but less severe.  Most mutations typically are

4 minutes ago, mellon said:

I have been vaccinated and I'm concerned about the Delta variant and all the people who refuse to get vaccinated. The government is NOT trying to kill you. Just Do It.

Who is telling you to be concerned about delta?  Who is bribing, and paying folks, and decreasing prison sentences, and having million dollar lotteries to get people to take the vax?

Did anyone get a million dollars to take the polio vaccine?  The measles vaccine?  Just curious why they are pushing this one so hard.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

What makes you think you’re right?  Just curious.  Because I’m seeing it’s as contagious but less severe.  Most mutations typically are

I try to cut through the ideological/partisan noise and listen to the medical professionals. From what I have seen it is not more severe but it is far more contagious. More contagious = more infections...more infections = more deaths. I am not particularly concerned about myself or my wife...we are both fully vaccinated and I believe the vaccines to be safe and effective...but I am concerned that some folks are going to lose their lives because of their political ideology.

49 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Less severe than 99+% survival rate?  Think about that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Yep, and they've been spreading the virus around D.C. .  I read today that they infected Pelosi's top Aid.  I'm going to be like the Dims when Trump contracted the virus, and say that it serves them right.  Now people are wanting booster shots, because of the Delta variant.  https://www.newsobserver.com/news/coronavirus/article252897923.html.  

1 hour ago, ObiOne said:

Aren't most cases relatively mild cases?  Most have to get a test to even know they have it.  I'd say that is pretty darn mild if you have it and have little to no symptoms.  

Most cases are mild, but those that have been hospitalized is what scares everyone else.  Some of those cases may have been mild, but people will go to the ER for a sniffle today.  I told the story of my friend last year that went in for back surgery, and they said he had contracted pneumonia.  He didn't have a cough, fever, or even a sniffle.  They were keeping him in the hospital to milk his insurance.  He had to discharge himself, because they didn't want him to leave.  Hospitals are notorious for that now.  Yet we keep hearing that they're losing money.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ObiOne said:

Seriously though, what causes you to have this fear of the delta variant?  What studies have you seen?  How long has it been around?  What happened to alpha, beta, charlie?

I'd say he's fearful because of what happened in India.  https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/02/delta-variant-first-found-in-india-spreads-to-62-countries-hot-spots-form-in-asia-and-africa-who-says-.html .  Their country is so different than ours, due to the millions of people that live there, and their poor sanitation as well as some of their traditional burials.  People rely on the Ganges river for drinking water, and it has been their tradition to leave their dead in that sacred river due to their beliefs.  I'm not saying that's wrong, but different times call for different measures.  

30 minutes ago, mellon said:

I have been vaccinated and I'm concerned about the Delta variant and all the people who refuse to get vaccinated. The government is NOT trying to kill you. Just Do It.

No.  I have read of the side effects, and I can't take that risk.  I don't want to have a stroke or a blood clot that could kill me.  

21 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I try to cut through the ideological/partisan noise and listen to the medical professionals. From what I have seen it is not more severe but it is far more contagious. More contagious = more infections...more infections = more deaths. I am not particularly concerned about myself or my wife...we are both fully vaccinated and I believe the vaccines to be safe and effective...but I am concerned that some folks are going to lose their lives because of their political ideology.

More contagious???

who’s more dangerous?

rEnjoyLife is vaccinated!  He contracts Covid-Delta and is asymptomatic.  He walks through WalMart unknowingly spreading it to others.

DB2.0 is unvaccinated.  He contracts Covid-delta and has cold like symptoms that is being reported.  He stays home and doesn’t get anybody sick.  
who caused the most damage?

sonetimes you have to look at things a different way than what you’re being spoon fed to see if the info is worth getting the vaccine.  My B cells, T cells and the cells in my marrow have memory of how to fight Covid.  MRNA isn’t needed.  I’ve had a dr tell me that.  I had another tell me to get the shot.  Talk about not knowing.  That’s why you do what you think is best for you.  If the shot won’t keep me from getting it altogether, I won’t take it.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ObiOne said:

605000 died in the US, millions around the world. There are lasting effects for many who contract it. Your naysaying is kinda nuts. But then, Kraken, so...