With Delta cases increasing right now, are schedules going to change?

Monte1076

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

They may give some suggestions to help mitigate but there will not be a repeat of 2020 with all of the mandates. The “leaders” had the benefit of the unknown last time and it doesn’t exist now.
I don’t want to minimize the seriousness of the virus or the loss of loved ones but it’s not going to wipe out the planet like we were led to believe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Guest Tiger03lb
4 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Surely the country/state won’t let fear get the best of it again…… already messing with the stock market. 

Not to often I agree with you but 100% on this. 

With everything the governor has said, I do not believe he is going to let the districts/uil to mandate things. Positive tests will cost them the player but we wont have the contact tracing wiping out entire teams for 10 days. We will see 100% capacity with bands/cheerleaders and drill teams in the stands. 

Also, with businesses not paying people to be out with the virus and no unemployment I don't think we see people getting tested and reporting the illness as much.

16 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

I know that happened in some districts last year. Any word on whether or not it's going to happen again this year?

Not unless Gov. Abbott completely changes course between now and Week 1. 

Barring some sort of federal order that somehow overrules our state government, this season should progress as planned. 

19 minutes ago, maxjean said:

look guys we all want a full season but if the new variants of the virus keeps spreading then there will be some kind of a stoppage.

Well then we should go ahead and permanently shut the country down. It’s just like the flu, there’s going to be a new variant every year. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, THIS. IS. NOT. GOING. AWAY. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, maxjean said:

look guys we all want a full season but if the new variants of the virus keeps spreading then there will be some kind of a stoppage.

There wasn't a stoppage last year...some teams did have to bow out etc..but with vaccinations, natural immunity etc I dont think contact tracing will wipe teams out...individual players may get sick and have to sit out but teams aren't likely cancelling games etc....

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, LOL said:

Not unless Gov. Abbott completely changes course between now and Week 1. 

Barring some sort of federal order that somehow overrules our state government, this season should progress as planned. 

Constitutionally, no such federal order can exist.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

There wasn't a stoppage last year...some teams did have to bow out etc..but with vaccinations, natural immunity etc I dont think contact tracing will wipe teams out...individual players may get sick and have to sit out but teams aren't likely cancelling games etc....

the state basketball tournament was stopped and matt people are not getting vaccinated as much as some think.

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

I also think there will be many players and coaches “smart enough” to not get tested. No positive test, no sitting out! 
#dontaskdonttell

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maxjean said:

the state basketball tournament was stopped and matt people are not getting vaccinated as much as some think.

The people that want the “vaccine” can get it so why would they be worried about the people that don’t get it? If you’re “vaccinated”, you have nothing to worry about right?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, maxjean said:

That was BEFORE anyone knew anything.........this past year went on as planned........

48 minutes ago, maxjean said:

Bc regardless of what the liberal media is feeding you there can be major side effects from the vaccine and even the delta version has a 99.98 percent survival rate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1