With Delta cases increasing right now, are schedules going to change?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hopefully Texas and Abbott will turn a blind eye to all the propaganda.  The tests are useless which means the numbers are all wrong. Less people died in 2020 than previous years. This is even with su

That Candace Owens is one smart woman, and easy on the eyes too

It’s all dumb. We don’t even hear about it around here anymore. No one even mentions when someone gets Covid anymore.  The weekly announcements about the number of infections in the county, etc… 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

I know that happened in some districts last year. Any word on whether or not it's going to happen again this year?

I bet they will

I bet there will be some adjustments as we near the season.   Keep an eye the Olympics and what happens there.   If they make it through with no cancellations football might make it.   

4 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

I know that happened in some districts last year. Any word on whether or not it's going to happen again this year?

No talk of it down here in these parts. 

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

They may give some suggestions to help mitigate but there will not be a repeat of 2020 with all of the mandates. The “leaders” had the benefit of the unknown last time and it doesn’t exist now.
I don’t want to minimize the seriousness of the virus or the loss of loved ones but it’s not going to wipe out the planet like we were led to believe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

There may be some districts who are cautious....but I doubt there will be mass cancellation etc...folks who want to get vaccinated can easily get it now

• Like 3

Surely the country/state won’t let fear get the best of it again…… already messing with the stock market. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Surely the country/state won’t let fear get the best of it again…… already messing with the stock market. 

Not to often I agree with you but 100% on this. 

With everything the governor has said, I do not believe he is going to let the districts/uil to mandate things. Positive tests will cost them the player but we wont have the contact tracing wiping out entire teams for 10 days. We will see 100% capacity with bands/cheerleaders and drill teams in the stands. 

Also, with businesses not paying people to be out with the virus and no unemployment I don't think we see people getting tested and reporting the illness as much.

look guys we all want a full season but if the new variants of the virus keeps spreading then there will be some kind of a stoppage.

16 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Not unless Gov. Abbott completely changes course between now and Week 1. 

Barring some sort of federal order that somehow overrules our state government, this season should progress as planned. 

19 minutes ago, maxjean said:

look guys we all want a full season but if the new variants of the virus keeps spreading then there will be some kind of a stoppage.

Well then we should go ahead and permanently shut the country down. It’s just like the flu, there’s going to be a new variant every year. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, THIS. IS. NOT. GOING. AWAY. 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, maxjean said:

There wasn't a stoppage last year...some teams did have to bow out etc..but with vaccinations, natural immunity etc I dont think contact tracing will wipe teams out...individual players may get sick and have to sit out but teams aren't likely cancelling games etc....

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, LOL said:

Not unless Gov. Abbott completely changes course between now and Week 1. 

Barring some sort of federal order that somehow overrules our state government, this season should progress as planned. 

Constitutionally, no such federal order can exist.....

• Like 2
9 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Delta?  Is that any different from Covid?  

Yeah, the Governments latest and greatest version of the Flu!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

There wasn't a stoppage last year...some teams did have to bow out etc..but with vaccinations, natural immunity etc I dont think contact tracing will wipe teams out...individual players may get sick and have to sit out but teams aren't likely cancelling games etc....

the state basketball tournament was stopped and matt people are not getting vaccinated as much as some think.

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

I also think there will be many players and coaches “smart enough” to not get tested. No positive test, no sitting out! 
#dontaskdonttell

• Like 1
Just now, maxjean said:

the state basketball tournament was stopped and matt people are not getting vaccinated as much as some think.

Last years wasn’t stopped. Just 2020 state tourney, correct?

5 minutes ago, maxjean said:

The people that want the “vaccine” can get it so why would they be worried about the people that don’t get it? If you’re “vaccinated”, you have nothing to worry about right?

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, maxjean said:

That was BEFORE anyone knew anything.........this past year went on as planned........

Simple answer No. We proven that lockdowns don’t work, Masks are basically for show and have little protection, Texas won’t shutdown and we will have our sports. Testing for COVID is pointless and we will need to live with the virus just like the flu. If your under 65 you really don’t have much to worry about unless healthy. This is about creating fear and some are gullible enough to believe it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It’s all dumb. We don’t even hear about it around here anymore. No one even mentions when someone gets Covid anymore.  The weekly announcements about the number of infections in the county, etc… 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, maxjean said:

Bc regardless of what the liberal media is feeding you there can be major side effects from the vaccine and even the delta version has a 99.98 percent survival rate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1