OU/Texas & The SEC

Stoney

11 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I like the ACC… they are kind of stuck, but they can recruit the coast and add schools like Rutgers and some players in other sports other than football…. That doesn’t really help their brand, but if we go the way of super conferences, you get who you can get while you can get them.

Outside of Notre Dame (not happening) there is not a school that would increase their “pay out per school” value in their contract with ESPN. 

29 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I like the ACC… they are kind of stuck, but they can recruit the coast and add schools like Rutgers and some players in other sports other than football…. That doesn’t really help their brand, but if we go the way of super conferences, you get who you can get while you can get them.

ACC could grab Notre Dame as a full time and West Virginia or a more logical locale team UCF would be welcomed in. Their website already shows 15 w/ Notre Dame...so they would really be looking for one add on for sure.

Big 10 (or Big North) could grab West Virginia and Iowa State (to be a natural rival to Iowa)...would have been great to snag Pitt from ACC but they don't need but 2 teams.

that leaves:

the Big Pac adding best group of Boise, Baylor, TCU, Kansas, Kansas State, Houston, Louisiana, and UT-San Antonio to get up to 16.

12 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I’m going to say this one last time. 

NO CONFERENCE IS GOING TO ADD ANY SCHOOL WHO LOWERS THE PAY OUT PER SCHOOL.

Its why the Big 12 never added teams, and it’s why conferences won’t add teams this time around.

Especially UL-LA and UTSA. That would add nothing to the PAC 12z

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Valhalla said:

West

Oklahoma

Texas

Texas A&M

Ole Miss

Miss State 

LSU

Arkansas

Missouri

East

Alabama

Auburn

Florida

Kentucky 

Tennessee 

South Carolina 

Vanderbilt

Georgia

Alabama would love that ... lol

4 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

It would bump them down a couple of notches to eternal mediocricy .... oh wait, they are already there ....

Who let Grampa out of the political forum without his “special” tapioca pudding?

• LOL! 4

58 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

You only use that chant when your team doesnt give you a reason to chant for them.

This is correct, I've done that for several years before Pittman came along, just glad I could throw my oversized brown bag away last season finally. 

A couple of thoughts:

1. This discussions have been in the works for a while. I suspect it involves the two schools, the SEC, and ESPN. 
2. The pod scheduling makes the most sense. The pods need to recognize the natural rivalries (Alabama/Auburn, Tennessee/Vandy, Miss/Miss St, UT/OU/A&M(?)). If I am correct, I see the pods:

A. A&M, Missouri, OU, UT

B. Arkansas, LSU, Miss, Miss St

C. S Carolina, Kentucky, Tenn, Vandy

D. Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida

3. I think most of the discussion is focused on football. OU and UT have complete programs, which add value in men’s and women’s basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball. 
4. I hope LHN survives as SEC3. I personally enjoy watching the minor sports, which I believe is the real value of the network.

5. Will ESPN require Texas & A&M play annually? That games would have premium ad rates.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Came across a Baylor Radio show and they are SALTY.

Yep. My BU/Tech alumni friends and co-workers are rather peeved. 

Seeing some Okie State tweeters who are assuming they'll somehow sneak in as well. 

6 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

hey, I want this to hurry and happen for the really important reason...

so my leagues will be blown up and then accurate when the next NCAA Football game comes out for Xbox and PlayStation!!!

^^^ This guy's priorities are in the right place. 

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Lol, you MUST watch this with captions on.

These guys should be a bigger deal. This little two minute clip alone is funnier than the entire last ten years of Saturday Night Live.