OU/Texas & The SEC

Stoney

13 minutes ago, bordertown said:

If PAC 12 want to get to 14, I think they take Tech and Ok St. Suspect Iowa blocks Iowa St, but welcome Kansas. WVA to ACC. I personally hate it for TCU, Baylor and Iowa St. They have invested in their athletic facilities and their athletic programs. In the latest Director’s Cup, Baylor ranked 29th Iowa St 38th and TCU 45th. As a frame of reference, their programs are ranked higher than Missouri (48), Auburn (50), Vandy (56), and Mississippi St (59). The two dog programs in the Big 12 are Kansas (82) and K State (139). Kansas gets a pass because of basketball. It will be a mess.

I don't think anyone is blocking anyone at this point. 

So just so we are all on the same page... If Texas and/or OU do not win the sec within their first 5 years, are they second fiddle programs riding the backs of Bama and LSU? Just want to make sure I know where we all stand just in case we are having this talk in the next few years. I was told that was the case for the last decade or so and just wanted clarification. 😂

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

So just so we are all on the same page... If Texas and/or OU do not win the sec within their first 5 years, are they second fiddle programs riding the backs of Bama and LSU? Just want to make sure I know where we all stand just in case we are having this talk in the next few years. I was told that was the case for the last decade or so and just wanted clarification. 😂

That depends on the volume of SEC! SEC!SEC! chants we hear out of Austin and Norman. I bet LOL is practicing his as we speak. 

• LOL! 2

4 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

The Aggys get bumped down a couple of pegs with Texas and OU joining the SEC .... how's that for clarification? .....

I could really care less what happened before I was born lol. So will recruits. A&M is in position to compete with both of them.right now. I think its a little funny you think either comes in and just owns A&M right now. 

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

I could really care less what happened before I was born lol. So will recruits. A&M is in position to compete with both of them.right now. I think its a little funny you think either comes in and just owns A&M right now. 

He didn’t say anything about the past.

You have always been hung up on this, because A&M doesn’t have a stellar history. You can only look forward, which I do agree with you every program always needs to look forward and not be satisfied with past successes.

It is very possible y’all will immediately take your normal place in the final conference standings below Texas and Oklahoma just like the good old days in the Big 12. 

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Aggy in state recruiting takes a big hit because of this ... i don't think there is any doubt about that ... it will show up more so as time goes by .... especially if/when they have a mediocre season .....

If/when Texas and Okie join the SEC, I can easily see Texas getting 2 or 3 more big time in-state recruits instead of them going to Bama, LSU, etc……….Will not be able to prove on an individual basis if being in the SEC helps Texas get these big time players to stay, but will be able to compare long term stats. 
Last few years the Horns and Aggies have been pretty equal in recruiting and the product on the field.  I think Texas probably gets back an edge if both are in the SEC. 

17 minutes ago, WETSU said:

If they’re bragging on being in the sec at 8-4 then yes.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You have always been hung up on this, because A&M doesn’t have a stellar history. You can only look forward, which I do agree with you every program always needs to look forward and not be satisfied with past successes.

It is very possible y’all will immediately take your normal place in the final conference standings below Texas and Oklahoma just like the good old days in the Big 12. 

Exactly what I'm thinking ......

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Aggy in state recruiting takes a big hit because of this ... i don't think there is any doubt about that ... it will show up more so as time goes by .... especially if/when they have a mediocre season .....

I'll.take that bet actually. I don't think A&M falls out of the top 10. You guys think guys are just committing to A&M for the sec patch? Its a factor yes but not the only one. Jimbo is an elite recruiter and has been for some time. The facilities are better than Texas based off multiple outlets and Texas isn't just guaranteed to walk in and be anything other than mediocre either. 

Kids do not care about titles before they were born. 

I'll.take that bet actually. I don't think A&M falls out of the top 10. You guys think guys are just committing to A&M for the sec patch? Its a factor yes but not the only one. Jimbo is an elite recruiter and has been for some time. The facilities are better than Texas based off multiple outlets and Texas isn't just guaranteed to walk in and be anything other than mediocre either. 

Again, why do you keep saying this? No one has made any reference to UT’s multiple national championships throughout its history other than you.

21 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Its also very possible Jimbo puts a choke hold on Sark and wins 3 of 4 and the "advantage" you think you're taking from A&M is negated. 

Anyone thinking A&M takes its "traditional" place behind texas is doing it simply off the past. There's nothing on the field or in current recruiting that has shown in any way that Texas comes in a puts A&M in the corner. 

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Its also very possible Jimbo puts a choke hold on Sark and wins 3 of 4 and the "advantage" you think you're taking from A&M is negated. 

Anyone thinking A&M takes its "traditional" place behind texas is doing it simply off the past. There's nothing on the field or in current recruiting that has shown in any way that Texas comes in a puts A&M in the corner. 

Ha, we shall see. 

24 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Define choke hold.

10 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Ha, we shall see. 

Have you seen anything on the field or in recruiting from the current roster/recruits that just screams otherwise? Thats what I'm saying about the past. Can you honestly name one position group that is an absolute proven advantage for Texas at this point? What about recruiting advantage? Is Texas just head and shoulders above like they were under mack? 

The answer to both not concrete. Not at this moment. So what makes you think Texas comes in and regularly finishes higher than A&M other than the past? Lol

Just now, Baron said:

Define choke hold.

Jimbo wins 3 of the first 4 and A&M maintains Jimbos top 6-7 classes despite Texas joining the conference. 

The biggest factor is titles. Whichever wins the sec first of the two will have a lot of momentum. 

33 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Jimbo, Slimbo, ceased being "elite" the day he walked into Aggy Land .... facilities better than Texas, pleeeeze! ..... You know as well as I do the Aggy will soon take their normal position .... below Texas and OU ..... sure, you will win an occasional game or two through the years, but you have to admit you have been shaking in your boots ever since news of this broke .... just be glad TCU and Baylor aren't part of the deal ....

• LOL! 1
  • Grumpy 1

Have you seen anything on the field or in recruiting from the current roster/recruits that just screams otherwise? Thats what I'm saying about the past. Can you honestly name one position group that is an absolute proven advantage for Texas at this point? What about recruiting advantage? Is Texas just head and shoulders above like they were under mack? 

The answer to both not concrete. Not at this moment. So what makes you think Texas comes in and regularly finishes higher than A&M other than the past? Lol

RB, QB I’d give Texas the edge too. Recruiting, Texas is doing well and will only improve.