OU/Texas & The SEC

Stoney

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Nothing meaningful. He's very unproven. But I'd say the same for both honestly. Replacing 4 year starters isn't easy for either team. 

I thought King looked good this spring..and in the limited snaps that he got against Bama and South Carolina.

1 minute ago, ANTI said:

I thought King looked good this spring..and in the limited snaps that he got against Bama and South Carolina.

He will be good I believe. But I'm not just going to give him the edge based off so little game reps with none of them being meaningful. I do believe he's better but wait and see. 

My initial point was that is there a single position that you can point to if you're a Texas fan and its a clear advantage? 

10 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Or the scared little brother gif

This is the stupidest argument of them all... Yea A&M is/was so scared of Texas they left and joined alabama, lsu, auburn and the occasional florida/georgia just to make life easier. Lol 

You guys and your leadership are arrogant manipulative asshats and have been for years. I can't wait for your leadership to cry to the sec commissioner about something as petty as horns down and see how bama georgia and lsu respond. Death valley will chew you guys alive. 

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

This is the stupidest argument of them all... Yea A&M is/was so scared of Texas they left and joined alabama, lsu, auburn and the occasional florida/georgia just to make life easier. Lol 

You guys and your leadership are arrogant manipulative asshats and have been for years. I can't wait for your leadership to cry to the sec commissioner about something as petty as horns down and see how bama georgia and lsu respond. Death valley will chew you guys alive. 

Straighten that wad in your panties

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Is Death Valley where your newer big brother lives?  You expect him to take up for you?  Texas sure isn’t scared of college station!!!  The house that Case tore down 

Off-topic,but a quick question:  Whatever happened to Immortal13?  I only visit occasionally, but I remember that he used to be a regular on SDC.  Sometimes a bit hard to get along with, at least IMO.

Anyway, back to the regular programming... somebody might give a quick response, thanks.

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

Is Death Valley where your newer big brother lives?  You expect him to take up for you?  Texas sure isn’t scared of college station!!!  The house that Case tore down 

Texas is that fan base that claims to be elite yet has to dig 10 years to find a meaningful victory. Never change big guy. 

16 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Yeah, but you are a Longview guy which gives you a bias too.

If you've truly seen all 3 like I have, there is no bias in saying King is better than Thompson/Card. Especially Card.

Anias Smith is probably the only player on A&M's roster faster than King, he's athletically gifted + has a stronger arm than both Card and Thompson. 

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Texas is that fan base that claims to be elite yet has to dig 10 years to find a meaningful victory. Never change big guy. 

Wait til you go to Death Valley!!!  Lol

why? Don’t think you can whip them yourselves?  LSU will do it!!!  

E94FBD1C-F440-4664-A565-1F961DFA4905.jpeg

1 minute ago, ANTI said:

If you've truly seen all 3 like I have, there is no bias in saying King is better than Thompson/Card. Especially Card.

Anias Smith is probably the only player on A&M's roster faster than King, he's athletically gifted + has a stronger arm than both Card and Thompson. 

Achane is an olympic level athlete in the 200 if he wanted to and will place in the 100 at the ncaas before he graduated if he wanted to. He's probably faster than King honestly. But yes King is top 5 on the team in wheels. Its his arm I want to see. I want to see if he can get the WRs more involved vertically or if thats just something Jimbo is going to have to change his scheme a little to.accomplish. 

11 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Wait til you go to Death Valley!!!  Lol

why? Don’t think you can whip them yourselves?  LSU will do it!!!  

E94FBD1C-F440-4664-A565-1F961DFA4905.jpeg

Are you slow? Going to Death valley is a cultural thing not a team thing. I have zero doubt's Jimbo and A&M could "whip" texas in a home game right now. But Death Valley is a dangerous place culturally. The first and only time I've ever as a fan went to an opposing stadium and felt uneasy. Drunks fighting everywhere and more than just a rowdy but fun atmosphere like other places. Those coonasses are wild and unpredictable. My point was the Texas fan base and its leadership has gotten so soft and pampered you literally changed the freaking rules of your entire conference to get horns down penalized. You think that type of mentality is going to do well culturaly? Thats what I'm trying to tell you. A&M isn't scared. This isn't about football. Its about you guys are the most pampered beauty queens in CFB and it doesn't mesh well with the personalities of the rest of the conference. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Are you slow? Going to Death valley is a cultural thing not a team thing. I have zero doubt's Jimbo and A&M could "whip" texas in a home game right now. But Death Valley is a dangerous place culturally. The first and only time I've ever as a fan went to an opposing stadium and felt uneasy. Drunks fighting everywhere and more than just a rowdy but fun atmosphere like other places. Those coonasses are wild and unpredictable. My point was the Texas fan base and its leadership has gotten so soft and pampered you literally changed the freaking rules of your entire conference to get horns down penalized. You think that type of mentality is going to do well culturaly? Thats what I'm trying to tell you. A&M isn't scared. This isn't about football. Its about you guys are the most pampered beauty queens in CFB and it doesn't mesh well with the personalities of the rest of the conference. 

Lol

15 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I have zero doubt's Jimbo and A&M could "whip" texas in a home game right now.

You beat one team last year with a winning record.  One.  And that was a four loss Florida team that ended up being, as you guys say, a "bdf type" game where a defensive stop was a rarity.  My bad, two winning teams against an NC team that had nearly all it's studs opt out.  Forgive us if we don't believe the almighty Jimbo would "whip" Texas because you beat four terrible teams that fired it's coaches and an LSU team that was not any good last season, all .500 or below teams.

1 minute ago, Red90fly said:

You beat one team last year with a winning record.  One.  And that was a four loss Florida team that ended up being, as you guys say, a "bdf type" game where a defensive stop was a rarity.  My bad, two winning teams against an NC team that had nearly all it's studs opt out.  Forgive us if we don't believe the almighty Jimbo would "whip" Texas because you beat four terrible teams that fired it's coaches and an LSU team that was not any good last season, all .500 or below teams.

Its cool. Maybe now you can forgive me for not thinking a HC with a 46-35 record and a program that is on its 3rd HC in 7 seasons is not exactly in a position to assume dominance over anyone... 

• Thanks 2

WETSU, 90% of UT or OU fans don’t think the SEC is a cake walk. OU has hands on experience in the Championship Bowl games. Personally, I don’t like the super conference concept. While dished by others, the Big 12 was the only Power 5 conference to crown a true conference champion. Ten teams seems to be an ideal size. Every team in the Big 12 played every team an equal number times in the every sport. It is impractical in larger leagues. But mega conferences are a sign of the times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackwellSooner said:

Off-topic,but a quick question:  Whatever happened to Immortal13?  I only visit occasionally, but I remember that he used to be a regular on SDC.  Sometimes a bit hard to get along with, at least IMO.

Anyway, back to the regular programming... somebody might give a quick response, thanks.

Immortal13 posts on Surlyhorns. Haven’t seen him here in forever.