OU/Texas & The SEC

Stoney

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

A&M is not acting like people who were/are in the know.  If they knew about the deal to bring Texas and OU they’d already have had this meeting months ago.

I still don’t think they knew. 

Its already been reported they knew. 

This meeting is stupid. Its not even 100℅ about realignment. But the timing of it just makes A&M look stupid regardless of what they actually talk about.... 

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

This meeting is stupid. Its not even 100℅ about realignment. But the timing of it just makes A&M look stupid regardless of what they actually talk about.... 

Yeah, I think they should not have scheduled the meeting, because it makes it look like they didn’t know and they’re reacting. 
I know it’s been reported they knew, but that certainly could just be political smoke. 

10 hours ago, BlackwellSooner said:

Off-topic,but a quick question:  Whatever happened to Immortal13?  I only visit occasionally, but I remember that he used to be a regular on SDC.  Sometimes a bit hard to get along with, at least IMO.

Anyway, back to the regular programming... somebody might give a quick response, thanks.

I miss Typer Woods. 

8 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yeah, I think they should not have scheduled the meeting, because it makes it look like they didn’t know and they’re reacting. 
I know it’s been reported they knew, but that certainly could just be political smoke. 

Other schools are reporting A&M was involved and not left out of discussions. I don't think its smoke. I think the smoke is this meeting. The BOR is meeting is the smoke. This meeting is nothing more than a way to sit back and count money while pretending to be upset over this so the donors who oppose it are happy. The meeting means nothing. 

11 hours ago, ANTI said:

You're really trying to make a case for Casey Thompson/Hudson Card > Haynes King? 

Sheesh....and I'm a Horns fan.

Not at all. I’m simply pointing out that neither team has a QB that has taken any real, meaningful snaps. The hype about which program has the better QB is based solely on a bias. 

8 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Other schools are reporting A&M was involved and not left out of discussions. I don't think its smoke. I think the smoke is this meeting. The BOR is meeting is the smoke. This meeting is nothing more than a way to sit back and count money while pretending to be upset over this so the donors who oppose it are happy. The meeting means nothing. 

HEY, that is a good point. BOR having a fake emergency meeting to keep the faithful happy.

10 hours ago, ANTI said:

If you've truly seen all 3 like I have, there is no bias in saying King is better than Thompson/Card. Especially Card.

Anias Smith is probably the only player on A&M's roster faster than King, he's athletically gifted + has a stronger arm than both Card and Thompson. 

I saw the kid from JT pick him off a few times when King threw his direction. My point is that actual game snaps with defenses game planning against you are way different than mop up duty or playing protected in practice. 

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

HEY, that is a good point. BOR having a fake emergency meeting to keep the faithful happy.

It makes more sense than A&M not having a clue about any of this until now. 

I'm also not convinced it was leaked from A&M. I know it was from a writer that covers A&M, but I do not believe it was their leak. It just makes no sense if you're A&M to leak that at this time in this way. If its already a done deal as its being talked about you leaked it too late. 

2 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

I saw the kid from JT pick him off a few times when King threw his direction. My point is that actual game snaps with defenses game planning against you are way different than mop up duty or playing protected in practice. 

Agreed. I actually thing King is limited as a practice guy. His legs are such a weapon and you don't see that in a scrimmage or practice. 

But your point is correct. Nobody knows what's really going to happen with QB for these two teams just yet. Its picking two unknowns based off the color jersey not anything meaningful. 

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

It makes more sense than A&M not having a clue about any of this until now. 

I'm also not convinced it was leaked from A&M. I know it was from a writer that covers A&M, but I do not believe it was their leak. It just makes no sense if you're A&M to leak that at this time in this way. If its already a done deal as its being talked about you leaked it too late. 

It is all very interesting and kind of weird.

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Those not associated with A&M say they didn’t. Those with A&M say they did. The special BOR meeting on Monday doesn’t sound like a group that truly knew this was in the works. Either way, if I was an Aggie, I’d be #### at the SEC. 

6 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Those not associated with A&M say they didn’t. Those with A&M say they did. The special BOR meeting on Monday doesn’t sound like a group that truly knew this was in the works. Either way, if I was an Aggie, I’d be #### at the SEC. 

Thats not correct. See my quoted tweet from early. Multiple sources are reporting that they confirmed from other schools that A&M was involved. They may not have wanted it but the were involved. 

59 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Thats not correct. See my quoted tweet from early. Multiple sources are reporting that they confirmed from other schools that A&M was involved. They may not have wanted it but the were involved. 

"multiple sources" ....  sounds like CNN reporting another phony political bombshell .... 😂

• Like 1