OU/Texas & The SEC

Stoney

1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

I saw the kid from JT pick him off a few times when King threw his direction. 

In that 2019 matchup, Crawford caught one pick. Where'd you get "a few times" from?

The same Kitan Crawford that King torched in 2018 enroute to Longview's first SC in 81 years. Was 6A offensive POTY....I mean scrubs dont accomplish any of that.

What are the resumes of Card and Thompson? 

4 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

"multiple sources" ....  sounds like CNN reporting another phony political bombshell .... 😂

None of this is official statements yet you do realize that right... Its all leaked info and unofficial statements from "multiple sources." 

I know you are just tickled pink at the thought of aggy looking like they have egg on their face here but that doesn't mean its the case. You can't just listen to one source thats unofficial then then turn around and ignore another unofficial source simply because you like ones message better. THAT is some cnn level stuff...

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

None of this is official statements yet you do realize that right... Its all leaked info and unofficial statements from "multiple sources." 

I know you are just tickled pink at the thought of aggy looking like they have egg on their face here but that doesn't mean its the case. You can't just listen to one source thats unofficial then then turn around and ignore another unofficial source simply because you like ones message better. THAT is some cnn level stuff...

You DO know I am just pulling your chain ... for the most part? ..... 😂

56 minutes ago, ANTI said:

In that 2019 matchup, Crawford caught one pick. Where'd you get "a few times" from?

The same Kitan Crawford that King torched in 2018 enroute to Longview's first SC in 81 years. Was 6A offensive POTY....I mean scrubs dont accomplish any of that.

What are the resumes of Card and Thompson? 

LOL! King threw for like 115 yards and 3 picks in that game. But yeah let’s discuss the year before to fit your narrative. 

Both King and Hudson Card were Honorable Mention All-State their senior years. 

So you are telling me that because King was 6A player of the year in 2018 when Longview won state - but "dropped" to HM All State his senior year - he is automatically better than either QB at Texas?

I want to make it clear that I have nothing against King, and I think he should be pretty good at ATM. But there are literally 100s of top high school QBs that don't produce as expected at the university level. Not saying this will happen to him, but let's let him play a few games before we honor him the next best thing in College Station. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

Agreed. I actually thing King is limited as a practice guy. His legs are such a weapon and you don't see that in a scrimmage or practice. 

But your point is correct. Nobody knows what's really going to happen with QB for these two teams just yet. Its picking two unknowns based off the color jersey not anything meaningful. 

Just judging from what y'all have posted and the little recruiting news I read about him, he sounds like a Jerrod Heard type player.

20 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

LOL! King threw for like 115 yards and 3 picks in that game. But yeah let’s discuss the year before to fit your narrative. 

Both King and Hudson Card were Honorable Mention All-State their senior years. 

So you are telling me that because King was 6A player of the year in 2018 when Longview won state - but "dropped" to HM All State his senior year - he is automatically better than either QB at Texas?

I want to make it clear that I have nothing against King, and I think he should be pretty good at ATM. But there are literally 100s of top high school QBs that don't produce as expected at the university level. Not saying this will happen to him, but let's let him play a few games before we honor him the next best thing in College Station. 

King was not good his senior season. He really shouldn’t have even made honorable mention.

I like King, but his senior year was poor for what he and the Lobos did the season before.

In that game at JT King was straight up bad.

33 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

You said that you saw Kitan Crawford catch a few INTs from King.

You saw nothing because that was definitely not true....he caught one. Now you're switching it up talking about the total picks that he threw in the game. And I'm the one with a narrative. Yeah, okay.

I dont bring narratives to sports. Casuals who never played the game are into that business.

Need I remind you that I am not an Aggie fan. I just know talent when I see it....pure football minded. Not fanboy minded.

When I judge a QBs talent level...I judge it by his total body of work + skills (the eye test). Not just one bad game that you happen to see on TV.

30 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

King was not good his senior season. He really shouldn’t have even made honorable mention.

I like King, but his senior year was poor for what he and the Lobos did the season before.

In that game at JT King was straight up bad.

He was not as strong his SR year. 

But he also played hurt the entire year.

He's looked fine since being at A&M though...back to his old self. Jimbo has done a good job on him. 

38 minutes ago, ANTI said:

You saw nothing because that was definitely not true....he caught one. Now you're switching it up talking about the total picks that he threw in the game. And I'm the one with a narrative. Yeah, okay.

I dont bring narratives to sports. Casuals who never played the game are into that business.

Need I remind you that I am not an Aggie fan. I just know talent when I see it....pure football minded. Not fanboy minded.

When I judge a QBs talent level...I judge it by his total body of work + skills (the eye test). Not just one bad game that you happen to see on TV.

Casuals is a JohnnyFootball term

34 minutes ago, ANTI said:

He was not as strong his SR year. 

But he also played hurt the entire year.

He's looked fine since being at A&M though...back to his old self. Jimbo has done a good job on him. 

That’s good, what was his injury during his senior year, I don’t remember?

12 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

14 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I dont think very many people outside of Longview (if any) knew about it. He toughed it out though....I can PM it.

16 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

King reminds me of case McCoy at first glance.  

It's hard for me to make a comp on King...especially compared to past Longhorn QBs.

I know the Justin Fields comparison has been thrown around since he was in HS but eh. Maybe like a faster version of Matt Flynn.

I do think Thompson is better than Card and has some gifts of his own as well.

5 minutes ago, ANTI said:

It's hard for me to make a comp on King...especially compared to past Longhorn QBs.

I know the Justin Fields comparison has been thrown around since he was in HS but eh. Maybe like a faster version of Matt Flynn.

I do think Thompson is better than Card and has some gifts of his own as well.

I say case McCoy due to slighter build, not the strongest arm.  I was not impressed with his arm strength coming out of high school.  But you’ve called me a casual before so I may not know 

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

LOL AGAIN!!! Your post sounds 100% like a fanboy "armchair" QB. You might be a head coach, coordinator, or even Hayne's dad, but this post above is hilariously childish. So what if I thought one player had 2 of the 3 picks - it doesn't change the stat line that King had a bad game. And that game doesn't define him or his future. 

Keyboard Warrior - quickmeme

• Thanks 1

The thing about King is that he has never really focused on football. He's been an all around athlete that has barely tapped his potential at the position. 

I do think arm strength was a concern but that could simply be he was probably 170 pounds when he got to A&M 😂. Just the natural bulk up to a solid 210 or so playing weight would add tons of strength to his arm IMO. But make no mistake he is not a guy that runs and can throw a little bit. He has good accuracy and has very nice touch on deep throws. His legs are an asset not his main strength. He's not a Heard type player like mentioned above. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I say case McCoy due to slighter build, not the strongest arm.  I was not impressed with his arm strength coming out of high school.  But you’ve called me a casual before so I may not know 

Arm strength is actually a strong suit for him. Accuracy too.

Timing in cat coverage on routes outside of the numbers would be my biggest concern for King coming out of HS....but that's also something that I've seen him improve on since being on the A&M campus.

We'll see.