OU/Texas & The SEC

Stoney

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

And so far under Sark, there has been no first year bump with recruits. He’s got kids decommitting left and right. Quinn Ewers left for Ohio State. Cade Klubnik was right in there backyard at Westlake and they take the Malik Murphy kid over him from California. These kids don’t care about 2005 or VY or Colt. I’ve seen some guys on the Horns boards taking about how Sark basically has the same talent at Texas as he did at Bama. That’s the delusion that sets up unrealistic expectations. Just like at A&M, you have talented but untested options at QB. You don’t know what you have. You have hopes but nothing concrete as far as on the field productions.

I think Herman was still coach when ewers decommitted.  

what horn boards are you seeing that delusion.  Most sites I read the general concern is Texas needs to get more depth at positions, mainly in the lines. I saw one poster on 247 comparing talent to the likes of Bama and I believe that guy is a troll.  

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

I do expect QB play to be better under Sark. That being said I think Texas fans should try their hardest to wipe the recent bama results from their minds. There isn't a single Texas starter that would have played at Bama during those two years Sark was there. The amount of talent Sark had was unreal. Texas fans do not need to use Bama's offense over the last two seasons as any sort of measuring stick. If they do it could be a rough first couple of seasons. When its all said and done there was 10 first rounders on those two teams. That talent level makes everyone look good. 

I agree with this.  They were loaded with talent.  The bright side is their offense was extremely efficient and I do give sark a lot of praise for that.  That talent was sick though.  

I was not happy with the Sark hire, still unsure on him.  I want to see results.  I’m tired of coach speak.  Show me.  And for the love of God and all things Holy, don’t tell me that winning is really, really hard.

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

And so far under Sark, there has been no first year bump with recruits. He’s got kids decommitting left and right. Quinn Ewers left for Ohio State. Cade Klubnik was right in there backyard at Westlake and they take the Malik Murphy kid over him from California. These kids don’t care about 2005 or VY or Colt. I’ve seen some guys on the Horns boards taking about how Sark basically has the same talent at Texas as he did at Bama. That’s the delusion that sets up unrealistic expectations. Just like at A&M, you have talented but untested options at QB. You don’t know what you have. You have hopes but nothing concrete as far as on the field productions.

One of our DBs decommitted from UT just days ago, more than likely headed to A&M with his friend Bryce Anderson or TCU. 

7 hours ago, Stoney said:

Saban’s ‘07 class was nothing to speak of. It was followed up with a 7-6 record and a independence bowl win over Colorado. The ‘08 class was the one where they really started pulling in great players. There was no first year bump there either. 

17 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Saban’s ‘07 class was nothing to speak of. It was followed up with a 7-6 record and a independence bowl win over Colorado. The ‘08 class was the one where they really started pulling in great players. There was no first year bump there either. 

Anothet point is up until a month ago, it was the first time recruits had been on campus and met the staff in person.  In a normal year you'd already had a big Jr. Day (sometimes more than 1) in February, and spring practice/game where you usually get a lot of visitors in the spring..  None of that happened this year.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

And they really weren’t “humming” until about 2011 honestly. 

I know they won in 2009, but they still had that dip year in 2010. They haven’t had a dip year since.

51 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I'm trying to figure out who this is comparing.  If it's Oklahoma they've had 3 Heisman Winners, Alabama also has 3, Texas and Texas A&M have 2 each.  

Oklahoma has had 7, dating back to 1952. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

I'm trying to figure out who this is comparing.  If it's Oklahoma they've had 3 Heisman Winners, Alabama also has 3, Texas and Texas A&M have 2 each.  

Oklahoma and Texas 

Oklahoma has 7 by the way.

Billy Vessels

Steve Owens 

Billy Sims

Jason White 

Sam Bradford

Baker Mayfield 

Kyler Murray

8 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I know, but they’ll see it and those panties will get out of whack. 

Aggie fans on SDC are like Olympic gymnasts. Their panties are always out of whack. Difference is, occasionally you’ll see the gymnast reach back and pull hers out. Aggie fans have never learned to do that. 

• LOL! 2

On 7/23/2021 at 10:49 PM, WETSU said:

This is the stupidest argument of them all... Yea A&M is/was so scared of Texas they left and joined alabama, lsu, auburn and the occasional florida/georgia just to make life easier. Lol 

You guys and your leadership are arrogant manipulative asshats and have been for years. I can't wait for your leadership to cry to the sec commissioner about something as petty as horns down and see how bama georgia and lsu respond. Death valley will chew you guys alive. 

This was my response to the scared argument… feel free to follow me on Twitter:

On 7/22/2021 at 2:30 PM, Valhalla said:

I’m going to say this one last time. 

NO CONFERENCE IS GOING TO ADD ANY SCHOOL WHO LOWERS THE PAY OUT PER SCHOOL.

Its why the Big 12 never added teams, and it’s why conferences won’t add teams this time around.

"OH KAY" --- said with crazy voice...as we know conferences (as in...4 conferences are going to try and get to 16 teams) -> there's going to be expansion now...

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

This was my response to the scared argument… feel free to follow me on Twitter:

Bring on OU and Texas. OU is good. They can come in and hang. I just want to see how Texas does after ragging on A&M ever since the SEC move that we’re an average team. Let’s see what they do under Sark (or the next HC) when they move in. Will 8-4,7-5 be good enough then? Will the “it takes time to build SEC level of depth” takes come out like they did when we tried to explain our move? Most of all I just want to settle this thing on the field. Make Thanksgiving Day matter again.

On 7/22/2021 at 6:43 PM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

What would be the most Aggie thing ever is if they get booted from the SEC for leaking the intel in the hopes of either or both Texas and Oklahoma lawmakers putting a stop to the schools leaving the Big 12 and joining the SEC.

If it is proven A&M leaked the info to the media and the SEC had asked all schools to keep it quiet yet A&M went against those instructions in order to kill the deal out of selfish reasons you’d think the SEC conference would have a leg to stand on in court.

A&M - Out

Oklahoma, Oklahoma State & Texas - In

People would lose their minds.

Texas A&M welcome to the American or even better...back to the retracted Big 12

• Grumpy 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Bring on OU and Texas. OU is good. They can come in and hang. I just want to see how Texas does after ragging on A&M ever since the SEC move that we’re an average team. Let’s see what they do under Sark (or the next HC) when they move in. Will 8-4,7-5 be good enough then? Will the “it takes time to build SEC level of depth” takes come out like they did when we tried to explain our move? Most of all I just want to settle this thing on the field. Make Thanksgiving Day matter again.

You’re acting like 8-4 or 7-5 is what it’ll be for Texas.

One thing about having Sark is he ran the best offense in the SEC for several years. He knows how that conference operates, how to attack each team and how Alabama works and how to attack them. Everyone acting like Sark is this massive question mark I think needs to take a step back and think about his experiences good and bad. 
This dude is still looking to prove himself and is hungry. 
I think Herman had just an inflated opinion of himself he didn’t require the best version of himself each week. I think he thought he’d already made it and didn’t need to try as hard anymore.

Hopefully Sark will begin winning big as a HC at UT and not get complacent. That’s when you know you have a possible HOF on your hands when they win one or two championships, but always strive for the next one.

Scott Surratt has always said their favorite ring is the next one. If Sark has that mindset like Saban and others we could be in for a lot of fun.

26 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You’re acting like 8-4 or 7-5 is what it’ll be for Texas.

One thing about having Sark is he ran the best offense in the SEC for several years. He knows how that conference operates, how to attack each team and how Alabama works and how to attack them. Everyone acting like Sark is this massive question mark I think needs to take a step back and think about his experiences good and bad. 
This dude is still looking to prove himself and is hungry. 
I think Herman had just an inflated opinion of himself he didn’t require the best version of himself each week. I think he thought he’d already made it and didn’t need to try as hard anymore.

Hopefully Sark will begin winning big as a HC at UT and not get complacent. That’s when you know you have a possible HOF on your hands when they win one or two championships, but always strive for the next one.

Scott Surratt has always said their favorite ring is the next one. If Sark has that mindset like Saban and others we could be in for a lot of fun.

Several years? He was only OC at Alabama for 2 years. One of those LSU was clearly the better offense and better team (2019) and the other Alabama was just head and shoulders above EVERYONE. 

You could say Herman had the best offense in the B1G, knew how to attack Oklahoma (beat them while at Houston), etc. as well but that didn't work out so well. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Several years? He was only OC at Alabama for 2 years. One of those LSU was clearly the better offense and better team (2019) and the other Alabama was just head and shoulders above EVERYONE. 

You could say Herman had the best offense in the B1G, knew how to attack Oklahoma (beat them while at Houston), etc. as well but that didn't work out so well. 

I see what you’re saying, and I’m saying I think Herman was full of himself and stubborn. 

JF, several equals two, so yes, several.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

This season is going to be very big for Sark. No clue on when the move to the SEC happens, but if it's anytime soon, he needs a really good first season if he wants to gain any traction by the time the move happens, imo. And this last season or two in the Big 12 will be what determines if Texas sees success early in the SEC or not. 

• Like 1