OU/Texas & The SEC

Stoney

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You’re acting like 8-4 or 7-5 is what it’ll be for Texas.

One thing about having Sark is he ran the best offense in the SEC for several years. He knows how that conference operates, how to attack each team and how Alabama works and how to attack them. Everyone acting like Sark is this massive question mark I think needs to take a step back and think about his experiences good and bad. 
This dude is still looking to prove himself and is hungry. 
I think Herman had just an inflated opinion of himself he didn’t require the best version of himself each week. I think he thought he’d already made it and didn’t need to try as hard anymore.

Hopefully Sark will begin winning big as a HC at UT and not get complacent. That’s when you know you have a possible HOF on your hands when they win one or two championships, but always strive for the next one.

Scott Surratt has always said their favorite ring is the next one. If Sark has that mindset like Saban and others we could be in for a lot of fun.

DE46FA1F-6C3D-4314-A900-6B519C6D1CBA.png

I’m just saying 8-5, 7-5 with what Texas currently has on the field wouldn’t be out of line.

2 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

A&M...last big win like 1939

This is why y'all haven't done anything in 10 years. Your fan base lives like 2005 was 2 years ago and it doesn't really matter anyways because at least its still better than aggy. 

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I’m just saying 8-5, 7-5 with what Texas currently has on the field wouldn’t be out of line.

Texas fans think 2000s mack is their normal. Traditionally speaking 8-9 win average over a decade with a couple of elite years is their normal. Which is still really freaking good. But its unrealistic to think your BEST decade is your normal decade. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WETSU said:

Texas fans think 2000s mack is their normal. Traditionally speaking 8-9 win average over a decade with a couple of elite years is their normal. Which is still really freaking good. But its unrealistic to think your BEST decade is your normal decade. 

8-4, 7-5 would be a good realistic number for them to enter the SEC and win. Just like it was for us. It took getting Jimbo to get us over that hump. 

13 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Curious what are the average number of wins for the Aggies over the last decade? The truth is Texas fans have not been happy with the win production of the last decade. A&M had a good 2020 season, which does not equate to a decade. Time will tell.

39 minutes ago, bordertown said:

Curious what are the average number of wins for the Aggies over the last decade? The truth is Texas fans have not been happy with the win production of the last decade. A&M had a good 2020 season, which does not equate to a decade. Time will tell.

If you look at records in a vacuum, sure. First, strengths of schedule have been different for the two programs. A&M is recruiting well since Jimbo got here and now have talent to compete much better than before. You saw that manifest in 2020 and it looks like we’ll continue on this path. 

That could change, of course. I don’t see us having quite as good a season in 2021 but will be a close to 2020 in 2022. Jimbo has had time to get his guys in and we’re headed upward. 

note that I do think Sark could get Texas back to top level. 

2 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Question of the day:

Did Sark know about this when Texas hired him?

I imagine it was floated that "there may be big news on us going in a new, exciting direction" that would improve your opportunity to attain great players that gain footing for power.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

I hear you and agree, while also thinking we really don’t know when UT and OU actually begin playing in the SEC. so, if Texas has a good last season or two in the Big 12 maybe they’ll be better prepared heading into the SEC. It’ll be interesting to say the least!

51 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Aww, how cute! Look at the two little brothers pillow fighting! 

-Oklahoma Sooners

All those Big 12 championships and Y’all still have to listen to Texas. 😉😁😂

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I hear you and agree, while also thinking we really don’t know when UT and OU actually begin playing in the SEC. so, if Texas has a good last season or two in the Big 12 maybe they’ll be better prepared heading into the SEC. It’ll be interesting to say the least!

That was A&M’s problem once we got into the SEC. The recruiting and the depth needed to compete, let alone contend in the SEC wasn’t there. Sumlin would drool over 4*,5* WRs and bypass his lines. Line play in the SEC is so important. Controlling the line and keeping your QB upright on Offense. Getting after the QB on defense. If Texas can upgrade the line play, then you should be in great shape. That’s an old o-lineman talking though. 😂

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stoney said:

From where I’m sitting OU is bringing little brother with them to the SEC.

No doubt. 
No way OU rolls off 6 straight SEC titles but i do feel they can compete day 1. I’m not sure that the whorns can say the same. They have been middle of the pack for a while. I’m not sure why a team that has been consistently a 4/5/6 loss team in the big 12 would want to jump to the SEC. i know eventually it could help in recruiting, but if they roll into that conference and get their doors beat in it could be a while before they recover. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WETSU said:

8-9 wins in the older decades is a lot different than 8-9 wins today. They played 10-11 games instead of 13-14 like they do now

3 hours ago, trashyhound said:

No doubt. 
No way OU rolls off 6 straight SEC titles but i do feel they can compete day 1. I’m not sure that the whorns can say the same. They have been middle of the pack for a while. I’m not sure why a team that has been consistently a 4/5/6 loss team in the big 12 would want to jump to the SEC. i know eventually it could help in recruiting, but if they roll into that conference and get their doors beat in it could be a while before they recover. 

LOL. HEY OKIE, CHECK THE HEAD TO HEAD SERIES RECORD BETWEEN TEXAS & ZERO U. DELUSIONAL.....

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

LOL. HEY OKIE, CHECK THE HEAD TO HEAD SERIES RECORD BETWEEN TEXAS & ZERO U. DELUSIONAL.....

lol. Ok shortwhorn, if you really want to boast about those prehistoric wins go ahead. But you know as well as i do that since we’ve been alive the school from Norman has won the head to head. But hey, if you whorns need to count those pre WW2 to remember some quality times then go ahead be my guest. 

2 hours ago, eagle34 said:

8-9 wins in the older decades is a lot different than 8-9 wins today. They played 10-11 games instead of 13-14 like they do now

Good point. Technically A&M only won 9 games last year but it was stellar because they only played 10 games ha

Conferences were different and there weren’t as many bowl games either. 

• Like 1