OU/Texas & The SEC

Stoney

23 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Ouch. Paid Tom Herman $24 million and the Big XII $76 million just to get out of those contracts. 

They could've had Jimbo for 13 years for what they're paying in buyouts. 

They'll break even after a couple of years in the SEC and giving up the LHN. I don't think they are sweating this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

So 2025 unless the Big12 falls apart before then?

or the teams buyout the conference...which that early number was stated as UT and OU would each have to pay the Big 12 $20M per year...so if that makes sense, $80M total...seems like they would pay that and have this done to play SEC schedules starting next year.

16 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Check it this millennium 

All time series record. Texas- 62 Wins,  Zero U- 49 Wins. The Horns have owned the Sooners!!!! Good try little brother. The funny thing is according to the reports is that OU begged the SEC to join the last 2 years. SEC told Zero U to go back and get Big Brother Bevo and we might consider. LOL 😆

3 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

All time series record. Texas- 62 Wins,  Zero U- 49 Wins. The Horns have owned the Sooners!!!! Good try little brother. The funny thing is according to the reports is that OU begged the SEC to join the last 2 years. SEC told Zero U to go back and get Big Brother Bevo and we might consider. LOL 😆

I have read a lot of stupid things on this site, this might take the award for the dumbest statement I have ever seen.

• Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

37 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

30 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I have read a lot of stupid things on this site, this might take the award for the dumbest statement I have ever seen.

DEF27D57-FA25-46B0-8543-75E63D7D2B77.png

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

LOL at whorns. 

All joking aside i am ready for the horns to get back to contention. I really enjoyed those early big 12 years with OU, Texas, A&M, Nebraska, k state all being competitive. i guess that ship has sailed now but man i enjoyed those Saturdays. 

P.S. God bless Chris Simms

3 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

All joking aside i am ready for the horns to get back to contention. I really enjoyed those early big 12 years with OU, Texas, A&M, Nebraska, k state all being competitive. i guess that ship has sailed now but man i enjoyed those Saturdays. 

P.S. God bless Chris Simms

The exact reason why I tell people to tap the breaks when they are crowning the next big QB due to high school achievement. Simms was National Player of the Year coming out of high school. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LOL said:

Bookmark this post...   you will never hear me: 

1.) Chant S-E-C at any game or on this message board. That will not happen. Ever. 

2.) Celebrate the accomplishment of another conference team as our own. 

I've ventured over to "Saturday Down South" and read the comments and the amount of SEC chest thumping from Missouri, Arkansas, those bottom tier schools is embarrassing. I truly don't get that way of thinking.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I get the feeling this the last school year in the Big12-2 for em. 

3 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

I believe I just saw that Texas is prepared to pay their BIG12 buyout.

2 hours ago, PelvisPresley said:

or the teams buyout the conference...which that early number was stated as UT and OU would each have to pay the Big 12 $20M per year...so if that makes sense, $80M total...seems like they would pay that and have this done to play SEC schedules starting next year.

The rumblings I'm hearing is that OU regents asked Big XII if they want cash or check... 

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1

13 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I've ventured over to "Saturday Down South" and read the comments and the amount of SEC chest thumping from Missouri, Arkansas, those bottom tier schools is embarrassing. I truly don't get that way of thinking.

What else can I hold on to during our 2-3 win season in football? 😂😂😂😁  Things were fine until Petrino decided to crash-off into the sunset. 

(Note: speaking of pre-Pittman only)

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1