OU/Texas & The SEC

Stoney

6 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

You have no clue why A&M joined the SEC. 

Have you talked to Bowin Loftin? Read his book? 

If so, you'll know exactly why A&M left. Sorry, your little sources on orangebloods or wherever weren't involved in the process so they don't know. 

I fully understand, y’all got more money and set yourselves up for better recruiting and possibly more success. JF, I get it, it was a good move for A&M.

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

SIR!

YOU were the one who insulted ME! All I was doing was posting innocent jokes and you FLEW OFF THE HANDLE to insult me. 

Lol!!!!  Ok

i said you were a persistent fellow.  Is that an insult.  Some would take that as a compliment 

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I fully understand, y’all got more money and set yourselves up for better recruiting and possibly more success. JF, I get it, it was a good move for A&M.

THEN WHY DID YOU SAY THAT THAT WAS THE REASON A&M LEFT?

(I don't actually want you to answer that lol.... It is mocking db and his grilling of Lion lol) 

Anyway, since you at least ARE worth talking to and pretty funny some of the time, what are your thoughts? Like candid, not just "playful ribbing" or whatever... Do you think Texas will have long-term success in the SEC? 

I know you said you believe in Sarkisian (I do too, but maybe not to the level you do) because his offense was strong, but also remember he had some insane talent at Alabama this year and last. 

8 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

THEN WHY DID YOU SAY THAT THAT WAS THE REASON A&M LEFT?

(I don't actually want you to answer that lol.... It is mocking db and his grilling of Lion lol) 

Anyway, since you at least ARE worth talking to and pretty funny some of the time, what are your thoughts? Like candid, not just "playful ribbing" or whatever... Do you think Texas will have long-term success in the SEC? 

I know you said you believe in Sarkisian (I do too, but maybe not to the level you do) because his offense was strong, but also remember he had some insane talent at Alabama this year and last. 

Man, I think it’s going to take some time. 

The most optimistic I can be is to hope UT has a great final year or two years in the Big 12, which coupled with all of the top recruits knowing they’re going to the SEC could possibly have their depth built up along the offensive and defensive lines enough to come in and excel immediately.

Now, with that said, I think UT and Sarkisian getting to know each other and he the Big 12 this year may keep Texas from reaching the number of wins I desire out of them this season. 
We shall see.

I’m gonna go wash my truck now, hahahaha!!

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

The most optimistic I can be is to hope UT has a great final year or two years in the Big 12, which coupled with all of the top recruits knowing they’re going to the SEC could possibly have their depth built up along the offensive and defensive lines enough to come in and excel immediately.

Now, with that said, I think UT and Sarkisian getting to know each other and he the Big 12 this year may keep Texas from reaching the number of wins I desire out of them this season. 
We shall see.

I think the best thing all of us (A&M, OU, Texas) can hope for is that Alabama goes East. That'll give us breathing room to find some momentum. 

Kyle Flood is a great OL coach so I know Texas will do well at developing those players. But you have to get talent to have a chance. I don't keep up with recruiting as much- has Texas gotten many OL in this/previous class? 

6 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

We shall see.

Wash them all, trailer too

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Don't you be insulting Army, now. 

I like watching their flexbone offense. 

lol, me too. I was at the game in Norman when they took Kyler Murray and company to overtime. I secretly wanted them to win so hopefully we could’ve dumped Mike stoops, but the whorns did that for us a few weeks later. 

Go Army!!!

10 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I think the best thing all of us (A&M, OU, Texas) can hope for is that Alabama goes East. That'll give us breathing room to find some momentum. 

Kyle Flood is a great OL coach so I know Texas will do well at developing those players. But you have to get talent to have a chance. I don't keep up with recruiting as much- has Texas gotten many OL in this/previous class? 

It make the most sense and would make for more wins and less beatings for everyone, but i would prefer to have bama in our division. It would make for great games and i want Nick Saban to have 6 days to get ready for Lincoln Riley for a change instead of having a month! 

18 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I don't keep up with recruiting as much- has Texas gotten many OL in this/previous class? 

Herb Hand laid an egg last year + Herman getting fired only resulted in 2 OL in last years class.  I like Hayden Conner and think he'll eventually be a multi-year starter, but the other guy is a JAG that'll probably never see the field.  

They've landed 2 guys this year that they targeted, but missed on Kelvin Banks and Cam Williams.  

Two classes ago was a good haul getting four 4* OL, with two already starting games this past season.  Jaylon Garth was coming in after a HS injury and finally went through spring ball/summer workouts and has received some good reviews.  Probably still a year or two away from contributing, but he was highly ranked pre-injury. 4th guy probably never plays much IMO.

Only taking two last class will eventually leave a hole.  As always, the portal can be your friend in a situation like this.  I think Flood and Sark like what's currently on campus because they didn't target any OL in the spring from the transfer portal while adding other pieces.

36 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I think the death of the ncaa is coming.

You can pay players now. You have the foundation in place for a single conference/entity. You add the Ohio State’s and Clemson’s. It could become very NFL like.

• Like 1

Leave the NCAA. Expand the SEC to 32 teams. Go 2 16 conferences (The Bear  Conference & The Saban Conference)with 4 8 team divisions (The Bo, Luke, Daisy & Jessie).  The Bo division plays everybody in their division plus half of the Luke division for a 11 game season. They play the other half the next year for an alternating schedule. 4 division winners meet in the playoffs. 2 conference champs meet to crown the champ.

Give each team a even recruiting budget of what? $50,000 a kid to get him to sign? The NIL money goes into a pot divided up between the players. Bonus money for winning the division, conference and SEC/NFL2.0 championship.

The bickering between Texas and A&M fans on here, twitter, and every other message board is getting really old and nauseating. I'm all for playful ribbing and trash talk, but some people take it wayyyyy too seriously to the point its just toxic.

I'm excited to play A&M again. I get to make road trips with my family Aggies and Aggie friends to Austin and CS like old times. We hate each others teams but always enjoy the company. 

Relax, peeps.

• Like 4