OU/Texas & The SEC

Stoney

11 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Oregon is pretty liberal as well, they may shut down too

Really only in the metro areas. The rural areas are pretty much center-right libertarians. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yeeeahhh the PAC is a weird case. USC had some stellar teams in the early 00s and..... the 60s/70s. Oregon was never great but played above their pay grade for a few years with Chip Kelly. Outside of that, they really haven't done much over the years. I guess UCLA had a few strong teams in there somewhere. 

BYU would probably try to go West with the PAC if they're smart. They'll have reasonable success and will get the big conference dollars. 

The Big 12 is donezo. They may join some CUSA teams to make another conference, but it won't be a power conference. 

Maaaan, think about the new SEC! And the baseball...

Yep...Big 12 is finished...at least as a major conf. No disrespect meant towards the remaining members but even if they bring in new members they will still not be a major player in cfb. I feel bad for Gary Patterson at TCU...dude is one of the best coaches in the sport and he has owned Texas.

Just now, EnjoyLife said:

Yep...Big 12 is finished...at least as a major conf. No disrespect meant towards the remaining members but even if they bring in new members they will still not be a major player in cfb. I feel bad for Gary Patterson at TCU...dude is one of the best coaches in the sport and he has owned Texas.

If I'm Baylor/TCU, I try to take control. Sure, the new Big XII will likely be little more than a Group of Five conference, but at this point that's probably better than becoming a "D-II" conference. 

18 minutes ago, LOL said:

If I'm Baylor/TCU, I try to take control. Sure, the new Big XII will likely be little more than a Group of Five conference, but at this point that's probably better than becoming a "D-II" conference. 

In BaylorFans that’s basically their mentality. Would rather be a big fish in a small pond. 

I wish Anne Richards would have agreed in the 90s. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

For a second, I forgot the PAC played last year... Lol

Hard to make the playoff or even be considered when you cant even play half of your games. What recruit wants that?

Pretty much. They and the B1G cancelled their season. A month after the other conferences decided to keep going they changed course and I really didn’t care other than Ohio State basically being gifted a spot in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Last time the Horns got to the CCG the Big12 refs made sure OU got a spot in the playoffs.  Riley should’ve sent the crew a thank you card.  It was extremely obvious

Oh wow! The ref card!  Should’ve known that would get played! 

That OU d was one of the worst in the country!  THE COUNTRY!!!

If you can’t beat that team you’re not champion worthy. 

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I get it, but when is the last time anyone other than Alabama or LSU won the SEC fairly often?

Texas has missed on two coaches in a row, this is the problem. If Sarkisian pans out then UT can return to what it was in the 2000s.

Sark doesn’t have to be Nick Saban or Tom Landry. If Sarkisian can get his offense clicking, and always employee quality assistants Texas will be there, right where we want them to be. It’s definitely within reach.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

In BaylorFans that’s basically their mentality. Would rather be a big fish in a small pond. 

I wish Anne Richards would have agreed in the 90s. 

Matt Rhule had Baylor on the verge of becoming a big fish in a big pond...until he jumped to the NFL. Now Baylor is back to where they were before Art Briles.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Whether you agree with it or not UT got ripped off in that game, 100%.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

You must not have watched that game.  The refs were blatantly giving them the game

7 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

They did beat that team... Lol

• LOL! 1

16 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

You must not have watched that game.  The refs were blatantly giving them the game

I know. The refs gave it to them! lol

what about the other 5 times in a row? 

C’mon man, how about just own it when your boys get it handed to them! 

• LOL! 1

49 minutes ago, LOL said:

BAH GAWD, THAT'S STEVE SPURRIER'S MUSIC! SOMEBODY STOP THE DAYUM MATCH! 

Ahh your boy good ole Jim Ross. Big Sooners fan. He has an awesome podcast called Grilling JR where he talks a lot about stuff from behind the scenes in the 90s and such. Amazing stuff, and he talks about OU football a little bit during the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I get it, but when is the last time anyone other than Alabama or LSU won the SEC fairly often?

Florida in 06 and 08. Auburn in 2010. 

So it's been 10+ years. 

Then again, in the last 10 years it's basically been Clemson, Bama, and then Ohio State that one year. More of an issue with College Football than the Big 12 or SEC. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

I know. The refs gave it to them! lol

what about the other 5 times in a row? 

C’mon man, how about just own it when your boys get it handed to them! 

C’mon man, how about just own it when your boys get it handed to them….by the refs.

• LOL! 1