36 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

You guys just don’t get it. You don’t understand what is the driving force behind this realignment. 

It’s not about geography, media markets, or football. It’s about money, and how much you can get. 

I agree it’s about money. The money to the schools is driven by advertising dollars to the networks. Advertising dollars to the networks is driven my viewership. Don’t kid yourself, OU and Texas have three attractions to SEC - name recognition, complete athletic programs, and additional MEDIA MARKETS. OU is the #1 school followed in Oklahoma with a population of 4M and a following in DFW area. While A&M has a strong presence in Texas, their strongest market is Houston. Texas solidifies the DFW, Austin, & San Antonio MSAs with a population of 12M (plus Houston). By comparison Alabama has a population of 5M (2 schools), Georgia 9.7M, Arkansas 3M, Mississippi 3M (schools), etc….  . The value of A&M to the SEC were the media markets they brought to their television contract with resulted in a larger payday. But not everyone in the Texas market turned on the SEC. I am not going to be braggadocio that Texas will bring more viewers than A&M, but I guarantee the other schools believe the pay raise that got from A&M will be matched by Texas’s admission. Both OU & Texas will provide more viewership outside their footprint. Yes media markets are a large part of the equation.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tweeted out by a Sooner fan this afternoon: Horns and Aggies blame each other for their rivalry staying dead to this day, but I gotta say, Texas trying to join the SEC and Aggie panicking about i

I just don’t believe that. 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Super conference everyone doing it lol. The big ten couldn’t care less as long as Ohio st is happy. Ou and Texas is in for a rude awakening if they think they will be the big fish . 

Has anybody said anything about big fish?

17 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Big XII is done......now for the fun of watching where they all end up.....

Poor leadership done them in.  

• Like 2

Baylor conjuring the spirit of Anne Richards as we speak.

Texas Tech is at the clinic trying to get Raider Rash cleared up and haven’t heard the news.

T. Boone Pickens android body is fixing to go full T-1000 on the state of Oklahoma.

K-State, Iowa State are in the corner, Sixteen Candles style, waiting on their Ducky to recognize them.

TCU hasn’t come down off Friday nights binge to understand what’s going on.

WVU thinks this is totally methed up.

99.9% of Kansas fans didn’t know they still had a football team.

• Haha 2
On 7/21/2021 at 6:43 PM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I will believe sleepy joe had 80 million before I believe this fake news. Ridiculous . I could see Ou however .

And this is why you are the way you are.

There was never anything fake about this.

• Haha 1
  • Grumpy Old Men 1

I think it’s a trick! 
they get the deal done, OU signs first and then the whorns bail! 
We’re Baaaaaack! 

That’s about the only way the whorns could pull out a conference championship. 

• Haha 1

I hope if Texas & Oklahoma are admitted to the SEC they schedule at least 9 conference games. My thoughts are you play every team in your pod and 2 teams in each of the other 3 pods. 
Pod 1 (A) OU, A&M (B) Texas, Missouri

Pod 2 (A) Miss, Arkansas (B) Miss St, LSU

Pod 3 (A) Tennessee, Kentucky (B) Vandy, S Carolina

Pod 4 (A) Alabama, Florida (B) Auburn, Georgia

Every 4 years you would play everyone at home. Conference Championship game would be determined by best record of A & B schedules. Don’t get caught up in which schools are A or B. Only thing I would like is not having two schools in the same state in the same conference. 

1 minute ago, bordertown said:

I hope if Texas & Oklahoma are admitted to the SEC they schedule at least 9 conference games. My thoughts are you play every team in your pod and 2 teams in each of the other 3 pods. 
Pod 1 (A) OU, A&M (B) Texas, Missouri

Pod 2 (A) Miss, Arkansas (B) Miss St, LSU

Pod 3 (A) Tennessee, Kentucky (B) Vandy, S Carolina

Pod 4 (A) Alabama, Florida (B) Auburn, Georgia

Every 4 years you would play everyone at home. Conference Championship game would be determined by best record of A & B schedules. Don’t get caught up in which schools are A or B. Only thing I would like is not having two schools in the same state in the same conference. 

I’d rather everyone in the same division pay the same teams. 

Anyway now that this is basically a done deal, a few things will be interesting to watch:

1. What other conferences do to keep up with the SEC

2. Watching schools like Baylor and TCU scramble before ultimately settling in to the lower division outside of a power conference

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Your Texas come on now just stop

So you, an Aggy fan, says it.  Not one Texas fan has.  

5 hours ago, WETSU said:

I'm going to need more sources confirming that before I actually believe it. But if its true then it doesn't really change much. A&M never was or will be part of the "club" in the sec. Texas and ou won't either for that matter. This, like the last time, is about money. The original sec big boys will do as they please with any of the new additions. 

So you are partners in business with 13 other guys. Those 13 have been discussing a merger with 2 new partners for six months behind your back and you don’t think the 2 new partners will be included in future “club” decisions? I’m betting they will be. 

• Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I’d rather everyone in the same division pay the same teams. 

Anyway now that this is basically a done deal, a few things will be interesting to watch:

1. What other conferences do to keep up with the SEC

2. Watching schools like Baylor and TCU scramble before ultimately settling in to the lower division outside of a power conference

Those guys are about to have a reckoning that is not going to be fun.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Lol good one DB. 

It’s a good one because you can’t quote one Texas fan on this matter saying that. 

56 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

It’s a good one because you can’t quote one Texas fan on this matter saying that. 

You must not be a true horn fan. The Sense of entitlement is second nature. Arrogance to no end. 

3 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

You must not be a true horn fan. The Sense of entitlement is second nature. Arrogance to no end. 

So no, you can’t quote any fan saying it.  That’s what I thought.  

Lion, you said no way this happens.  It’s happening.  Wrong twice in one thread.  

• Roll Eyes 1