Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 7/23/2021 at 10:57 PM, WETSU said:

Texas is that fan base that claims to be elite yet has to dig 10 years to find a meaningful victory. Never change big guy. 

A&M...last big win like 1939

  • Grumpy Old Men 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tweeted out by a Sooner fan this afternoon: Horns and Aggies blame each other for their rivalry staying dead to this day, but I gotta say, Texas trying to join the SEC and Aggie panicking about i

I just don’t believe that. 

Posted Images

On 7/24/2021 at 11:35 AM, KirtFalcon said:

Rumor has it the Cowboys and Texans are next .... 

Cowboys and Texans wouldn't be in top half of that conference many years...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Bring on OU and Texas. OU is good. They can come in and hang. I just want to see how Texas does after ragging on A&M ever since the SEC move that we’re an average team. Let’s see what they do under Sark (or the next HC) when they move in. Will 8-4,7-5 be good enough then? Will the “it takes time to build SEC level of depth” takes come out like they did when we tried to explain our move? Most of all I just want to settle this thing on the field. Make Thanksgiving Day matter again.

You’re acting like 8-4 or 7-5 is what it’ll be for Texas.

One thing about having Sark is he ran the best offense in the SEC for several years. He knows how that conference operates, how to attack each team and how Alabama works and how to attack them. Everyone acting like Sark is this massive question mark I think needs to take a step back and think about his experiences good and bad. 
This dude is still looking to prove himself and is hungry. 
I think Herman had just an inflated opinion of himself he didn’t require the best version of himself each week. I think he thought he’d already made it and didn’t need to try as hard anymore.

Hopefully Sark will begin winning big as a HC at UT and not get complacent. That’s when you know you have a possible HOF on your hands when they win one or two championships, but always strive for the next one.

Scott Surratt has always said their favorite ring is the next one. If Sark has that mindset like Saban and others we could be in for a lot of fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You’re acting like 8-4 or 7-5 is what it’ll be for Texas.

One thing about having Sark is he ran the best offense in the SEC for several years. He knows how that conference operates, how to attack each team and how Alabama works and how to attack them. Everyone acting like Sark is this massive question mark I think needs to take a step back and think about his experiences good and bad. 
This dude is still looking to prove himself and is hungry. 
I think Herman had just an inflated opinion of himself he didn’t require the best version of himself each week. I think he thought he’d already made it and didn’t need to try as hard anymore.

Hopefully Sark will begin winning big as a HC at UT and not get complacent. That’s when you know you have a possible HOF on your hands when they win one or two championships, but always strive for the next one.

Scott Surratt has always said their favorite ring is the next one. If Sark has that mindset like Saban and others we could be in for a lot of fun.

Several years? He was only OC at Alabama for 2 years. One of those LSU was clearly the better offense and better team (2019) and the other Alabama was just head and shoulders above EVERYONE. 

You could say Herman had the best offense in the B1G, knew how to attack Oklahoma (beat them while at Houston), etc. as well but that didn't work out so well. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Texas and Oklahoma notified the Big 12 on Monday that they will not be renewing their grants of media rights following expiration in 2025, the schools said in a joint statement. https://t.co/nOv65iDDQH

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Question of the day:

Did Sark know about this when Texas hired him?

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Several years? He was only OC at Alabama for 2 years. One of those LSU was clearly the better offense and better team (2019) and the other Alabama was just head and shoulders above EVERYONE. 

You could say Herman had the best offense in the B1G, knew how to attack Oklahoma (beat them while at Houston), etc. as well but that didn't work out so well. 

I see what you’re saying, and I’m saying I think Herman was full of himself and stubborn. 


JF, several equals two, so yes, several.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Bring on OU and Texas. OU is good. They can come in and hang. I just want to see how Texas does after ragging on A&M ever since the SEC move that we’re an average team. Let’s see what they do under Sark (or the next HC) when they move in. Will 8-4,7-5 be good enough then? Will the “it takes time to build SEC level of depth” takes come out like they did when we tried to explain our move? Most of all I just want to settle this thing on the field. Make Thanksgiving Day matter again.

This season is going to be very big for Sark. No clue on when the move to the SEC happens, but if it's anytime soon, he needs a really good first season if he wants to gain any traction by the time the move happens, imo. And this last season or two in the Big 12 will be what determines if Texas sees success early in the SEC or not. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You’re acting like 8-4 or 7-5 is what it’ll be for Texas.

One thing about having Sark is he ran the best offense in the SEC for several years. He knows how that conference operates, how to attack each team and how Alabama works and how to attack them. Everyone acting like Sark is this massive question mark I think needs to take a step back and think about his experiences good and bad. 
This dude is still looking to prove himself and is hungry. 
I think Herman had just an inflated opinion of himself he didn’t require the best version of himself each week. I think he thought he’d already made it and didn’t need to try as hard anymore.

Hopefully Sark will begin winning big as a HC at UT and not get complacent. That’s when you know you have a possible HOF on your hands when they win one or two championships, but always strive for the next one.

Scott Surratt has always said their favorite ring is the next one. If Sark has that mindset like Saban and others we could be in for a lot of fun.

DE46FA1F-6C3D-4314-A900-6B519C6D1CBA.png

I’m just saying 8-5, 7-5 with what Texas currently has on the field wouldn’t be out of line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

A&M...last big win like 1939

This is why y'all haven't done anything in 10 years. Your fan base lives like 2005 was 2 years ago and it doesn't really matter anyways because at least its still better than aggy. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Stoney said:

DE46FA1F-6C3D-4314-A900-6B519C6D1CBA.png

I’m just saying 8-5, 7-5 with what Texas currently has on the field wouldn’t be out of line.

Texas fans think 2000s mack is their normal. Traditionally speaking 8-9 win average over a decade with a couple of elite years is their normal. Which is still really freaking good. But its unrealistic to think your BEST decade is your normal decade. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WETSU said:

Texas fans think 2000s mack is their normal. Traditionally speaking 8-9 win average over a decade with a couple of elite years is their normal. Which is still really freaking good. But its unrealistic to think your BEST decade is your normal decade. 

8-4, 7-5 would be a good realistic number for them to enter the SEC and win. Just like it was for us. It took getting Jimbo to get us over that hump. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Texas fans think 2000s mack is their normal. Traditionally speaking 8-9 win average over a decade with a couple of elite years is their normal. Which is still really freaking good. But its unrealistic to think your BEST decade is your normal decade. 

Curious what are the average number of wins for the Aggies over the last decade? The truth is Texas fans have not been happy with the win production of the last decade. A&M had a good 2020 season, which does not equate to a decade. Time will tell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I see what you’re saying, and I’m saying I think Herman was full of himself and stubborn. 


JF, several equals two, so yes, several.

But he didn’t have the best offense 2 years there. Only one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, bordertown said:

Curious what are the average number of wins for the Aggies over the last decade? The truth is Texas fans have not been happy with the win production of the last decade. A&M had a good 2020 season, which does not equate to a decade. Time will tell.

If you look at records in a vacuum, sure. First, strengths of schedule have been different for the two programs. A&M is recruiting well since Jimbo got here and now have talent to compete much better than before. You saw that manifest in 2020 and it looks like we’ll continue on this path. 

That could change, of course. I don’t see us having quite as good a season in 2021 but will be a close to 2020 in 2022. Jimbo has had time to get his guys in and we’re headed upward. 
 

note that I do think Sark could get Texas back to top level. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Question of the day:

Did Sark know about this when Texas hired him?

I imagine it was floated that "there may be big news on us going in a new, exciting direction" that would improve your opportunity to attain great players that gain footing for power.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stoney said:

DE46FA1F-6C3D-4314-A900-6B519C6D1CBA.png

I’m just saying 8-5, 7-5 with what Texas currently has on the field wouldn’t be out of line.

I hear you and agree, while also thinking we really don’t know when UT and OU actually begin playing in the SEC. so, if Texas has a good last season or two in the Big 12 maybe they’ll be better prepared heading into the SEC. It’ll be interesting to say the least!

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Aww, how cute! Look at the two little brothers pillow fighting! 
 

-Oklahoma Sooners

All those Big 12 championships and Y’all still have to listen to Texas. 😉😁😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stoney said:

All those Big 12 championships and Y’all still have to listen to Texas. 😉😁😂

😂

At least this time listening to those clowns is good for us! 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I hear you and agree, while also thinking we really don’t know when UT and OU actually begin playing in the SEC. so, if Texas has a good last season or two in the Big 12 maybe they’ll be better prepared heading into the SEC. It’ll be interesting to say the least!

That was A&M’s problem once we got into the SEC. The recruiting and the depth needed to compete, let alone contend in the SEC wasn’t there. Sumlin would drool over 4*,5* WRs and bypass his lines. Line play in the SEC is so important. Controlling the line and keeping your QB upright on Offense. Getting after the QB on defense. If Texas can upgrade the line play, then you should be in great shape. That’s an old o-lineman talking though. 😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, trashyhound said:

😂

At least this time listening to those clowns is good for us! 

From where I’m sitting OU is bringing little brother with them to the SEC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Stoney said:

From where I’m sitting OU is bringing little brother with them to the SEC.

No doubt. 
No way OU rolls off 6 straight SEC titles but i do feel they can compete day 1. I’m not sure that the whorns can say the same. They have been middle of the pack for a while. I’m not sure why a team that has been consistently a 4/5/6 loss team in the big 12 would want to jump to the SEC. i know eventually it could help in recruiting, but if they roll into that conference and get their doors beat in it could be a while before they recover. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just thinking about this very thing. Glad Arkansas didn't make that move. 

 

https://t.co/8DDm2R0aSz

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WETSU said:

Texas fans think 2000s mack is their normal. Traditionally speaking 8-9 win average over a decade with a couple of elite years is their normal. Which is still really freaking good. But its unrealistic to think your BEST decade is your normal decade. 

8-9 wins in the older decades is a lot different than 8-9 wins today. They played 10-11 games instead of 13-14 like they do now

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...