• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tweeted out by a Sooner fan this afternoon: Horns and Aggies blame each other for their rivalry staying dead to this day, but I gotta say, Texas trying to join the SEC and Aggie panicking about i

I just don’t believe that. 

Posted Images

On 7/23/2021 at 10:11 PM, Red90fly said:

Any side claiming "we will smoke them for so and so many years" is just being a die hard fan.  We've seen over and over what happens in rivalry games in college football.  Oregon State beat the Ducks just this past season.  Auburn gets Bama' more than you would think.  A pitiful Arkansas has been yards away from beating a&m multiple times.  For goodness sakes, a Charlie Strong Texas team with Jerrod Heard at QB beat an OU playoff team.

This. 

While general tendencies will remain, there is nothing certain in college football. Twi years ago LSU had one of the most dominant offenses in college football history, and now...  Alabama in the pre-Saban years was hit or miss (though mostly hit)...  Florida had it's time to be dominant...  things cann and will change. 

On 7/23/2021 at 10:24 PM, Red90fly said:

Waaaaay overdue. 

Just now, LOL said:

This. 

While general tendencies will remain, there is nothing certain in college football. Twi years ago LSU had one of the most dominant offenses in college football history, and now...  Alabama in the pre-Saban years was hit or miss (though mostly hit)...  Florida had it's time to be dominant...  things cann and will change. 

Yep. It's all cyclical. It ebbs and flows. There is too much of an element of randomness and every week any team could be beat.

• Like 1
Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

Love it. To the point and no fluff. 

Had a coach who’s favorite saying was “keep it simple stupid.” Can’t get no simpler than that.

6 minutes ago, Stoney said:

So 2025 unless the Big12 falls apart before then?

2022, 2023 at the latest.  OU and Texas aren't making this move to wait around 4 years.

10 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I get the feeling this the last school year in the Big12-2 for em. 

• Thanks 2
14 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I believe I just saw that Texas is prepared to pay their BIG12 buyout.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I believe I just saw that Texas is prepared to pay their BIG12 buyout.

Ouch. Paid Tom Herman $24 million and the Big XII $76 million just to get out of those contracts. 

They could've had Jimbo for 13 years for what they're paying in buyouts. 

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Ouch. Paid Tom Herman $24 million and the Big XII $76 million just to get out of those contracts. 

They could've had Jimbo for 13 years for what they're paying in buyouts. 

They'll break even after a couple of years in the SEC and giving up the LHN. I don't think they are sweating this.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stoney said:

That is the two playing the Big12.  If the other teams jump ship within the next year there’s no Big12.  No buyout.  

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

or the teams buyout the conference...which that early number was stated as UT and OU would each have to pay the Big 12 $20M per year...so if that makes sense, $80M total...seems like they would pay that and have this done to play SEC schedules starting next year.

16 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Check it this millennium 

All time series record. Texas- 62 Wins,  Zero U- 49 Wins. The Horns have owned the Sooners!!!! Good try little brother. The funny thing is according to the reports is that OU begged the SEC to join the last 2 years. SEC told Zero U to go back and get Big Brother Bevo and we might consider. LOL 😆

3 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

All time series record. Texas- 62 Wins,  Zero U- 49 Wins. The Horns have owned the Sooners!!!! Good try little brother. The funny thing is according to the reports is that OU begged the SEC to join the last 2 years. SEC told Zero U to go back and get Big Brother Bevo and we might consider. LOL 😆

I have read a lot of stupid things on this site, this might take the award for the dumbest statement I have ever seen.

• Thanks 3
7 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I have read a lot of stupid things on this site, this might take the award for the dumbest statement I have ever seen.

The political forum says hello.

• Thanks 3
37 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

37 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

30 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

DEF27D57-FA25-46B0-8543-75E63D7D2B77.png

• Thanks 1