Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tweeted out by a Sooner fan this afternoon: Horns and Aggies blame each other for their rivalry staying dead to this day, but I gotta say, Texas trying to join the SEC and Aggie panicking about i

I just don’t believe that. 

Posted Images

Texas has taken some lumps, but man...The dragging of ESPN is just beginning. Those dudes have been pulling some crazy illuminati stuff behind the scenes

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, topher805 said:

 

Texas knows how to make that money!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now the AAC is in this mess. 🤦🏾‍♂️ Good grief. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Now the AAC is in this mess. 🤦🏾‍♂️ Good grief. 

There were the Clemson and FSU rumors so maybe “The Mouse” is collecting football teams like infinity stones, just waiting for the snap to end the NCAA. I’ve heard of Mickey Mouse teams before.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, topher805 said:

 

LolLol….. Did they send a letter to Texas and Oklahoma. It’s like an ex girlfriend sending a letter to your current girlfriend that she needs to leave you because she loves you more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

LolLol….. Did they send a letter to Texas and Oklahoma. It’s like an ex girlfriend sending a letter to your current girlfriend that she needs to leave you because she loves you more.

Jolene kinda stuff

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

The bickering between Texas and A&M fans on here, twitter, and every other message board is getting really old and nauseating. I'm all for playful ribbing and trash talk, but some people take it wayyyyy too seriously to the point its just toxic.

I'm excited to play A&M again. I get to make road trips with my family Aggies and Aggie friends to Austin and CS like old times. We hate each others teams but always enjoy the company. 

Relax, peeps.

Why do you think real Aggie fans were fine with leaving the Big 12? There's a difference between a "good-natured" rivalry (Remember the support after the Bonfire collapse?) and t-sips who eventually got to the point they wanted a more Alabama/Auburn-type toxicity.

Aaannndd, *Cue the narcissistic Longhorn replies*

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

Why do you think real Aggie fans were fine with leaving the Big 12? There's a difference between a "good-natured" rivalry (Remember the support after the Bonfire collapse?) and t-sips who eventually got to the point they wanted a more Alabama/Auburn-type toxicity.

Aaannndd, *Cue the narcissistic Longhorn replies*

I personally don’t like a super toxic rivalry. 
 

I love going to Carthage games and talking to opposing teams’ fans before and after the game. 

I feel the same way about college football, I want a good healthy rivalry, but I don’t want to get shot at over it, ha!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I personally don’t like a super toxic rivalry. 
 

I love going to Carthage games and talking to opposing teams’ fans before and after the game. 

I feel the same way about college football, I want a good healthy rivalry, but I don’t want to get shot at over it, ha!

I don’t think anybody wants a toxic rivalry.  There are just some that can dish out a good ribbing, but can’t take one.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I personally don’t like a super toxic rivalry. 
 

I love going to Carthage games and talking to opposing teams’ fans before and after the game. 

I feel the same way about college football, I want a good healthy rivalry, but I don’t want to get shot at over it, ha!

I feel the same way about the Mississippi schools, but apparently Mizzou wants to be our rival. 🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s been a long standing “gentleman’s agreement” in the SEC with regard to expansion. To appease Florida, FSU and Miami were considered off limits, as was Georgia Tech after they left the league in the 60s. That was to keep UGA happy. South Carolina was told the same thing concerning Clemson when the Gamecocks came on board in 1992. I had assumed that A&M was given the same promise when they joined up. If that gentleman’s agreement has been relegated to file 13 as we’re looking at a new round of conference expansion and realignment, things could get really interesting over on the east coast if the SEC is indeed looking at completely taking over the sport. I don’t know that that is what they are trying to do. I personally like the idea of 4 16-team conferences with similar scheduling rules. I would love to see everyone playing a 9 game conference schedule with at least one major OOC game per year. That still leaves room for one cupcake to appease the people who say that the FCS programs can’t survive without the big paycheck they get from being sacrificed on the altar of the power programs. I would be totally ok with going to a 11 game, power conference only schedule, and using the extra TV revenue to prop up the FCS. Just imagine everyone in the SEC playing 10 conference games then playing someone from the ACC, Big10+6, or the PAC12+4. Big games every week. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I personally don’t like a super toxic rivalry. 
 

I love going to Carthage games and talking to opposing teams’ fans before and after the game. 

I feel the same way about college football, I want a good healthy rivalry, but I don’t want to get shot at over it, ha!

Let us win again. A&M and Henderson 😂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I feel the same way about the Mississippi schools, but apparently Mizzou wants to be our rival. 🙄

Lsu seems to be your rival. A&M and Texas to a lesser extent. Mizzou has the potential for it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Why do you think real Aggie fans were fine with leaving the Big 12? There's a difference between a "good-natured" rivalry (Remember the support after the Bonfire collapse?) and t-sips who eventually got to the point they wanted a more Alabama/Auburn-type toxicity.

Aaannndd, *Cue the narcissistic Longhorn replies*

Oh... we decided that? Care to explain?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, topher805 said:

 

Just  glancing at  this letter   is  weird     because it   has spacing  errors   and  things that   seem they  would have been  caught in  an   important  professional   letter that   would    definitely be  published   everywhere. If I was super angry and firing off an email or something to a girlfriend that I found out had just cheated on me, without thinking, spell checking or grammerly-ing...then it may not look so good.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

There’s been a long standing “gentleman’s agreement” in the SEC with regard to expansion. To appease Florida, FSU and Miami were considered off limits, as was Georgia Tech after they left the league in the 60s. That was to keep UGA happy. South Carolina was told the same thing concerning Clemson when the Gamecocks came on board in 1992. I had assumed that A&M was given the same promise when they joined up. If that gentleman’s agreement has been relegated to file 13 as we’re looking at a new round of conference expansion and realignment, things could get really interesting over on the east coast if the SEC is indeed looking at completely taking over the sport. I don’t know that that is what they are trying to do. I personally like the idea of 4 16-team conferences with similar scheduling rules. I would love to see everyone playing a 9 game conference schedule with at least one major OOC game per year. That still leaves room for one cupcake to appease the people who say that the FCS programs can’t survive without the big paycheck they get from being sacrificed on the altar of the power programs. I would be totally ok with going to a 11 game, power conference only schedule, and using the extra TV revenue to prop up the FCS. Just imagine everyone in the SEC playing 10 conference games then playing someone from the ACC, Big10+6, or the PAC12+4. Big games every week. 

Would love to see four 16 team "super conferences", everyone playing 9 conference games...then everyone playing 1 team from each of the other three super conferences each year (they could do that in many ways...based upon previous years standings 1 vs 9, 2 vs 10, 3 vs 11, 4 vs 12, 5 vs 13, 6 vs 14, 7 vs 15, 8 vs 16 or straight up 1 vs 1's or like the NCAA b'ball tourney 1 vs 16, etc). Most years you'll have some unique pairings and if you're working to make your team better then hopefully you aren't playing a #1 or #2 all the time, getting pounded. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, trashyhound said:

In the big twelve they are infinitely behind in championships. 
 

Unless we’re gonna count Harvard and Army as football power houses we have to agree that what was done that long ago can’t be counted toward being great today. Most whorn fans love to jump on “what about the overall record?”

 In that case the above teams, along with Michigan and the whorns are really good programs! *but we all know better

When is the last time Zero U won the only trophy that matters? My buddies that are OU fans could care less about Big 12 championships, they want to beat Texas every year and beat Bama in the NC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Let us win again. A&M and Henderson 😂 

😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

An SEC super conference with Texas and OU will create some great matchups but is pretty bad for cfb as a whole imo. College football will become largely irrelevant west of Austin unless USC returns to prominence...and that will be nearly impossible with so much exposure and $$$$$ flowing to the SEC. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...