OU/Texas & The SEC

Stoney

4 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

So what happens to those schools? Some of them would land on their feet, but Baylor, Tech, TCU may be left out to dry. 

I think you scramble to find your best option and I’m not sure what that is.

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Have heard that. Wonder what he knows that we don't. 

Zwerneman is pretty confident it's happening too. And I trust him- he's an insider. 

Zwerneman was on the Finebaum show at SEC media days yesterday, and I think that's what has Finebaum confident.

It's plastered all over ESPN this morning.

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

So much for the people saying, "Texas doesn't need the game with A&M!"

I think so much has changed over the past couple of months that I'm not even sure what to think about all of this.

If this was 3 years ago, I don't see Texas joining the SEC at all, and I think Texas wouldn't even consider it. But with the NIL and the NCAA being almost irrelevant at this point, this is all about $$$$$ and that's it (pus recruiting). It's not about the rivalry as much we fans want it to be. It's all about money, money, and more money. Having the Texas/Texas A&M game back is just a perk for both schools getting more money. And I'm not sure what to make of all this. 

• Like 3

Just now, ETXfan16 said:

I think so much has changed over the past couple of months that I'm not even sure what to think about all of this.

If this was 3 years ago, I don't see Texas joining the SEC at all, and I think Texas wouldn't even consider it. But with the NIL and the NCAA being almost irrelevant at this point, this is all about $$$$$ and that's it (pus recruiting). It's not about the rivalry as much we fans want it to be. It's all about money, money, and more money. Having the Texas/Texas A&M game back is just a perk for both schools getting more money. And I'm not sure what to make of all this. 

Darn you and your rational, well-reasoned points that kill my trashtalk. 

• LOL! 3

5 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

They can scramble all they want, but who takes them? The PAC or B1G wouldn't accept a lot of those schools because of academics, the SEC would be full.... 

I don’t think a Power 5 takes them. It would have to be a mid major. I don’t think they have enough to pull to keep the Big 12 together and bring schools in with them.

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

Darn you and your rational, well-reasoned points that kill my trashtalk. 

Sorry to ruin the fun🤣

Hold on, let me copy and paste the all-time series record from wikipedia to get it back going again...

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

If they merge with CUSA, they firmly position themselves as a midmajor, and I don't think a  lot of the teams will enjoy going from power conference to midmajor. 

Don't know the difference between RAID and MERGE??? 

Just now, Stoney said:

I don’t think a Power 5 takes them. It would have to be a mid major. I don’t think they have enough to pull to keep the Big 12 together and bring schools in with them.

Then it'll be hilarious to watch Ok State, Baylor, and others try everything they can to keep them around. Baylor is notorious for that. 

tenor.gif?itemid=17735507

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Don't know the difference between RAID and MERGE??? 

How will 8 hapless teams "raid" a 14-team conference? Lmao

If anything, a few of those teams will join CUSA and rebrand the conferene, not the other way around. Also, why would any ACC team be "raided"? They have a full power conference. Why would they join the 8 elftover teams? 

2 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I think some of this has to do in some part with the NIL. It’s RS QBs getting $1,000,00 NIL offers. You gotta try and find the bank somewhere if boosters are spending their money on players.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I can’t take you seriously on this subject. You think A&M made a bad move by joining, when major factors says otherwise. Then you resort to a ridiculous argument that we need to preserve rivalries. If Texas did join do you honestly think they would care about Baylor/Tech? Will you even mention it or pretend that we forgot.

I actually support staying in the big 12 and continuing to try expansion.  Talks with Arkansas and another p5 university have proven unfruitful so far.  I personally think the Big12 leadership is pathetic and not very good at their job.  

IF, big IF, Texas joins the sec, I would hope the 3-4 ooc games would be Baylor, Tech and Ok State.  Those are three quality rivalries that are competitive most years.  They wouldn’t hurt sos most years.  

you don’t think rivalries are important?

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I actually support staying in the big 12 and continuing to try expansion.  Talks with Arkansas and another p5 university have proven unfruitful so far.  I personally think the Big12 leadership is pathetic and not very good at their job.  

IF, big IF, Texas joins the sec, I would hope the 3-4 ooc games would be Baylor, Tech and Ok State.  Those are three quality rivalries that are competitive most years.  They wouldn’t hurt sos most years.  

you don’t think rivalries are important?

I like rivalries as a fan, but to those securing the bag, rivalries aren't the top priority.

I would like to keep Tech on the schedule though

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I think some of this has to do in some part with the NIL. It’s RS QBs getting $1,000,00 NIL offers. You gotta try and find the bank somewhere if boosters are spending their money on players.

I would say I think that's one of, if not the major factor in all of this.

• Like 1