Official 2021 Dallas Cowboys Thread

On 8/19/2021 at 6:07 PM, DaveTV1 said:

They can go 8-8-1.  I'm hearing rumors that Leighton Van Der Esch and Jaylon Smith might be cut this year.  I don't think Jaylon will be, because his cap hit is too high.  If he doesn't have a good season then I see him gone after this season.  I also don't see it with Van Der Esch for the same reason.  So they had better step it up this season if they want to keep their roster spots.  

You were right about one of them. 

7 hours ago, VonG said:

You were right about one of them. 

I think it was dumb to release Jaylon because the Cowboys still take the hit with the salary cap.  While he was an overpriced backup at least he could come in to give someone a breather.  Now Green Bay has signed him.  Unless he was a distraction in the field house/locker room.  His cap hit is $19 million, and we're only $2 million under the cap.  I don't know what help they're going to bring in for that much.    

I learned the reason they cut him, and I think it's understandable.  Had he waived his injury guaranteed money for next year they would have kept him.  Who knows if he would have been injured, and still had to be paid $9+ million, but at least the Cowboys aren't liable anymore.  I think it's a win win for Jaylon, because he'll receive his pay from the Cowboys and still be paid by the Packers.  Cowboys Reportedly Had 1 Request For Jaylon Smith (msn.com)

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Connor Williams goes to backup now……La’el Collins comes back as a left guard………..Line has been good, maybe really good, thru 6 games……but Collins will be a nice upgrade at guard. 

In all fairness several of those holding calls were BS on Connor.

Connor Williams was playing for a contract extension with Dallas and he’s losing it. McGovern could take over. Steele hasn’t been bad at RT. Kid’s been much steadier than he was last year. If you wanted to make the move back to LG for Collins that might not be a bad idea. 

7 hours ago, Crawford said:

Call 1-800-WAH! 😭😭😭😭😭

Patriots had 20 years of success, but now that things ain't going so well in Patriotland, they start whining.

Yep, and they were practically given the game to them and still couldn't win it.  

I'm moderately concerned with Dak's calf injury.  I'm hearing he'll be back in a week and a half, but I'm not certain.  I don't think our backups can handle the job.  I think we need a veteran that has some experience.  It worked with Buerlin, Kosar, and Pete.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...