Conference Realignment Carousel Continues

In the next 5 years the P5 pulls out of the NCAA's to do their own thing.

Maybe they take one of the G5s with them as they go to make it the P6. 

The remaining G5 schools then realign and pull some FCS conferences and or teams. This will be be the new Division 1 for the NCAA and they go to a 12-16 playoff format. 

19 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

In the next 5 years the P5 pulls out of the NCAA's to do their own thing.

Maybe they take one of the G5s with them as they go to make it the P6. 

The remaining G5 schools then realign and pull some FCS conferences and or teams. This will be be the new Division 1 for the NCAA and they go to a 12-16 playoff format. 

lol...I was thinking maybe LIST your conference predictions in there somewhere.........:rofl:

NEW D-1 WOULD BE -->

Big PacWestern (Pac 12)

Pacific: Stanford, Utah, BYU, Washington, Washington State, Oregon, Oregon State, Boise State

West: USC, UCLA, Arizona, Arizona State, TCU, Texas Tech, Baylor, Houston

(Cal out and Colorado moved to Big 10 with Boise State, TCU, Texas Tech, Baylor, BYU, and Houston additions)

Big 10 MidNorth (Big 10)

West: Kansas, Colorado, Oklahoma State, Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Michigan, Michigan State

East: Indiana, Purdue, Ohio State, Penn State, Maryland, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Illinois

(Rutgers out and Nebraska moved to ACC, with Colorado moving in and Oklahoma State and Iowa State added)

Big Atlantic (ACC)

Atlantic: Nebraska, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Pitt, West Virginia, Louisville, Virginia, Virginia Tech

Coastal: Central Florida, Duke, UNC, NC State, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Miami FL

(Wake Forest and Boston College out with Nebraska coming in and UCF added)

Big Southeast (SEC)

East: Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, Texas A&M, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Missouri

West: Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida  

(Texas and Oklahoma added)

THESE WERE MY THOUGHTS/HOPES ABOVE -- now, if I was the ACC I'd try and work Central Florida in somehow...if I was the Pac I'd try to snag Boise State...even if you have to boot one of your scrubs...especially UCF...Vandy from the SEC would have been in danger (only good in baseball)...UCF with it's size, given a SEC branding and the $$$, yikes...they are building strong programs in all sports. Cincy should try to get the Big 10 to boot someone else out...like Maryland.

I think schools will start going to some form of a uniform across the board 9-10 game conference schedule with 1-2 OOC from these other 63-64 teams before the playoffs, bowls start...

4 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Mountain West:

San Jose State

Nevada

San Diego State

Hawaii

Fresno State

Air Force

Wyoming

New Mexico

Colorado State

Utah State

UNLV

New Mexico State

Might want to keep NM State as FBS Independent 

They have to have their money games 

11 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Independents:

Notre Dame

Arkansas State

Texas State

Troy

South Alabama

If Super Conferences become a thing--which I hope they never do, but then again, money drives it all--then I would look for Notre Dame to join one finally--as long as they get to keep their TV money. 

Just now, DannyZuco said:

If Super Conferences become a thing--which I hope they never do, but then again, money drives it all--then I would look for Notre Dame to join one finally--as long as they get to keep their TV money. 

When the only two institutions whose views mattered to  the playoff committee are Notre Dame and the SEC, I think Notre Dame's independence is going to go just fine......