Class 3A Division 1 Pigskin preseason ratings

Wild74

really cant believe crockett isnt at least in the top 20 they bring back almost the entire team from last year that didnt loose in the playoffs but had to forfiet the game due to covid and i am telling yall now they were gonna smoke lorena.

Guest Tiger03lb
3 hours ago, maxjean said:

really cant believe crockett isnt at least in the top 20 they bring back almost the entire team from last year that didnt loose in the playoffs but had to forfiet the game due to covid and i am telling yall now they were gonna smoke lorena.

I may make a game after I see the scrimmage against us

6 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Any poll that starts with Jim Ned at #1 can’t be too wrong. 

I’m having a hard time believing we should be that high. Not having Hollins or Allison is gonna hurt. Sure we’ve produced solid high school backs since the 80s but I’m not seeing a go to back just yet. 

5 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I’m having a hard time believing we should be that high. Not having Hollins or Allison is gonna hurt. Sure we’ve produced solid high school backs since the 80s but I’m not seeing a go to back just yet. 

Allison is the one who always scared me. He was tough to corner. I think y’all deserve to be ranked for sure with what you have coming back. Honestly what you said can also be said for us. We have a lot of kids coming back but we went out in the first round. Don’t worry though with our preseason schedule we could be out of the top 10 pretty quick unless we surprise a few teams. 

Guest Tiger03lb
49 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

42 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Allison is the one who always scared me. He was tough to corner. I think y’all deserve to be ranked for sure with what you have coming back. Honestly what you said can also be said for us. We have a lot of kids coming back but we went out in the first round. Don’t worry though with our preseason schedule we could be out of the top 10 pretty quick unless we surprise a few teams. 

With the amount of people both of you guys have coming back, to me a lot of people are looking at that and with some d1 players on the roster always help. Imo, I think the top 10/15 will be a roller coaster. I'll be honest and say I'm surprised to see us there with you guys in the top 5. Maybe it's just giving a program some respect to be that high. 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

There is no way y’all should drop after week one. Out of all of 3a y’all have the toughest opponent at their house. So a lose to us shouldn’t be judged that bad in my opinion 

5 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

There is no way y’all should drop after week one. Out of all of 3a y’all have the toughest opponent at their house. So a lose to us shouldn’t be judged that bad in my opinion 

We also have Kilgore who is slated to be pretty good. If we lose both games we will drop whether it is warranted or not.   In the end it won’t matter because both games should be beneficial to us. 

2 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

We also have Kilgore who is slated to be pretty good. If we lose both games we will drop whether it is warranted or not.   In the end it won’t matter because both games should be beneficial to us. 

If GW loses to Spring Hill too, y’all may never recover.  😂

40 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

I’m a little surprised Winnsboro isn’t getting any love 

We like it better that way. Honestly its hard to form an opinion just quite yet with us. Going to be implementing more spread into the offense but still be rooted in ball control and the run game. We will have an abundance of talented guys, just remains to be seen how all of that meshes together.

1 hour ago, chevyman said:

We like it better that way. Honestly its hard to form an opinion just quite yet with us. Going to be implementing more spread into the offense but still be rooted in ball control and the run game. We will have an abundance of talented guys, just remains to be seen how all of that meshes together.

If the OL and DL are as good or better than 2020, Winnsboro will quickly move up the list as the season starts.

14 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

If the OL and DL are as good or better than 2020, Winnsboro will quickly move up the list as the season starts.

The OL should be solid returning most of the guys from last year. The DL will be replacing a couple of key parts but will have some talented young guys to fill the gaps. Overall the defense should be a strength with the returners plus the guys coming up from the undefeated JV team

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chevyman said:

The OL should be solid returning most of the guys from last year. The DL will be replacing a couple of key parts but will have some talented young guys to fill the gaps. Overall the defense should be a strength with the returners plus the guys coming up from the undefeated JV team

If this is true, and I think it is, the Raiders will be in top 20 soon enough.

On 7/27/2021 at 2:12 PM, Blazin97 said:

It’s kinda nice to see MV as high as 13 losing the QB, I feel like that’s right about where we belong at the moment and everyone else is sleeping a little bit. A lot of key guys coming back. 

Saw in the 3A forum on Fox app that MV has a transfer that moved here from Aledo that plays QB.   I had heard MV had a transfer that plays QB and is a good player.  Has family in or around MV.

47 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

It’s almost that time. I’m ready to see how the GW offense looks as well as the new QB. I have a feeling we’re going to air it out quite a bit this year. Going to have a tough task going in to week one @ Gilmer. 

I will be at practice Monday 

13 hours ago, TXHSFTBFAN said:

Saw in the 3A forum on Fox app that MV has a transfer that moved here from Aledo that plays QB.   I had heard MV had a transfer that plays QB and is a good player.  Has family in or around MV.

I wouldnt be surprised by this. Im not in the least ever surprised anymore about anything that happens at MV. Considering they had no other QB in the pipeline, this seems very plausible.

43 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Gladewater Football Schedule.png

I know what to expect from Gilmer and the aforementioned Kilgore... how should SH and Center be this year? 

Center has one of the best pocket passing QBs around. Kid was impressive last year when given time. But they are also breaking in a new staff.