Stargate Movie and Series

Wild74

I seen the Stargate movie a few years ago and enjoyed it very much, I knew there was a Stargate Series but never bothered to watch it. but retired and had the extra time so I started watching the series on Netflix and the first few episodes was somewhat boring but it did pick up and I got into the characters also. I was thinking that 10 years must have been something to the series. Finished the series and thought it was pretty good. Finishing up Stargate Atlantis now and it also has been very good with a reasonable cross over from the first series. Anyone else bother to watch the series?

2 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I seen the Stargate movie a few years ago and enjoyed it very much, I knew there was a Stargate Series but never bothered to watch it. but retired and had the extra time so I started watching the series on Netflix and the first few episodes was somewhat boring but it did pick up and I got into the characters also. I was thinking that 10 years must have been something to the series. Finished the series and thought it was pretty good. Finishing up Stargate Atlantis now and it also has been very good with a reasonable cross over from the first series. Anyone else bother to watch the series?

I watched it some with my son, but I'm not really into those types of shows. My son is really into it though, and seems to really like it, but he don't get on here hardly at all to comment.

I watched it on TubiTV for free, and I thought it was good.  I thought they were spinoff movies, because they lasted around an hour and a half, and you could tell they spent money to make them.  I only saw up until Stargate : The Ark of Truth, now I'm going to have to find the next three after that.  The only downside to TubiTV is it has commercials, but you don't have to pay for it.  If you can time it out, you can skip the commercials by fast forwarding.  I use them for breaks to get food, drinks, or go to the bathroom.  So I don't mind it.  

Just now, Crawford said:

I watched it some with my son, but I'm not really into those types of shows. My son is really into it though, and seems to really like it, but he don't get on here hardly at all to comment.

Yeah you have to be into science fiction to watch this stuff. I've seen all the Star Treks that have been made except the Picard series but I am enjoying Stargate very much

34 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I loved it....they got Stargate:Atlantis too...its pretty good ....

47 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I liked SG1 better than the movie. The other ones were alright especially Atlantis. The last one when they were on the ship was awful. I’ll watch anything with MacGyver in it.

MacGyver, I never seen one episode but I knew the guy in Stargate the series played that role 

5 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Yeah you have to be into science fiction to watch this stuff. I've seen all the Star Treks that have been made except the Picard series but I am enjoying Stargate very much

Yeah, not really into science fiction, but I do like fantasy shows or movies like superheroes. I've been watching the hit series, Smallville. Really good if ya haven't seen it. 

13 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Yeah, not really into science fiction, but I do like fantasy shows or movies like superheroes. I've been watching the hit series, Smallville. Really good if ya haven't seen it. 

Smallville is awesome.....

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 1:59 AM, Crawford said:

Yeah, but pretty disappointing about the whole Allison Mack fiasco.

She went full cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. Luring girls into joining the sex cult that brands their victims? Yeah that’s crazy.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 6:18 PM, Wild74 said:

I loved it

• Like 2

On 7/26/2021 at 7:59 PM, Stoney said:

I liked SG1 better than the movie. The other ones were alright especially Atlantis. The last one when they were on the ship was awful. I’ll watch anything with MacGyver in it.

I was into the 10th episode of Star Gate Universe and I can see why they did only two years, what a miserable waste of a show that had great potential, but no they had to make it about there view on sexual immorality.