Anyone interested in the hearings...here's a link...

Monte1076

PSA:

(Washington Post)

New video footage shows how D.C. police officer lost consciousness during attack
By Marianna Sotomayor12:46 p.m.

New video footage captured by D.C. police officer Michael Fanone and other police officers’ body cameras showed the extent of the danger Fanone was in at the hand of insurrectionists as he pleaded for his life on Jan. 6.

Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.) introduced video that snipped together how Fanone entered the Capitol West Front tunnel in an effort to protect the Capitol before being dragged out and beaten by insurrectionists.

Fanone recalled entering the crypt on the Capitol’s first floor with his partner, Jimmy Albright, and seeing throngs of police officers exhausted from defending the door leading to the building’s West Front balcony, where Joe Biden would be inaugurated as president weeks later. In an effort to relieve tired police, Fanone made his way to the front and is seen from another officer’s camera pushing all of his weight against the door frame to prevent insurrectionists from entering.

He tried to plea with the protesters, telling them that the door needs to stay closed to protect injured officers, which he said “#### them off.”

“That’s when the surge that you watched in some of the video began and you had a large group at the mouth of that tunnel entrance trying to push their way through the officers who were trying to defend it,” Fanone said. “I believe had they done so or had they accomplished that, they would have trampled us to death. Most certainly you would have had police officers killed.”

Shortly afterward, he was pulled off the line and dragged outside. Video taken as Fanone was lying on the ground showed several “terrorists,” as he called them, lunging at him. Fanone recalled that they were trying to get his gun and that he heard one man shout, “Kill him with his own gun!”

The video then shows blurred movement as a man yells “I’ve got one,” referring to Fanone. It’s at that moment Fanone tries to appeal to the insurrectionists’ humanity by telling them simply, “I have kids.”

Moments after, the video shows Fanone being carried inside by some insurrectionists who intervened before he was handed off to police at the front lines.

“I need a medic! We need EMTs now!” an officer shouts.

“Mike, stay in there buddy,” Albright says as he arrives to help his friend.

Fanone testified that based on his body-camera footage it is believed he was unconscious for approximately four minutes. He suffered a minor heart attack and concussion from being beaten and hit with a stun gun by rioters.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1