CDC to Announce Mask Requirements for Vacinated

Hagar

28 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

There are only two countries on the face of the earth that allow pharmaceutical companies to advertise drugs directly to the public...and (of course) the US is one of them. That is why pharma spends more on marketing than they do on R & D.

Also, until a few decades ago it was illegal for bottom feeding lawyers to get on tv and beg you to let them sue someone. That was back when this country still had a little common sense.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

If Congress would make lobbying a crime, this world would be a much better place; but they ain’t gonna cut their own throat & shut down the free money flowing in.🤬🤬🤬🤬

In 2020 pharma/healthcare spent $306,000,000 on lobbying. Think about that. Now you know why the drug Truvada is $1700 a month in the US when it is $8 a month (generic) in Australia. That is the difference between a govt that works for its people...and a govt that is nothing more than the board of directors for USA, Inc.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/257364/top-lobbying-industries-in-the-us/

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Also, until a few decades ago it was illegal for bottom feeding lawyers to get on tv and beg you to let them sue someone. That was back when this country still had a little common sense.

Those are my Second least favorite ads, followed by that idiot with the Emu.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

In 2020 pharma/healthcare spent $306,000,000 on lobbying. Think about that. Now you know why the drug Truvada is $1700 a month in the US when it is $8 a month (generic) in Australia. That is the difference between a govt that works for its people...and a govt that is nothing more than the board of directors for USA, Inc.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/257364/top-lobbying-industries-in-the-us/

Indeed. A person could just fly to Australia & see a doctor & get it prescribed & filled there & be money ahead!

On 7/29/2021 at 8:08 AM, CarthDawg77 said:

Those are my Second least favorite ads, followed by that idiot with the Emu.

I am sick (and tired) of all the medicare advantage commercials with Joe Namath and other "celebrities" telling us IT'S FREE!!!! ....

• Like 2

On 7/29/2021 at 7:46 AM, CarthDawg77 said:

This is the attempt on the part of “Big Pharma” to do an “end around” to get people to beg their doctor to prescribe their questionable products to them, because they can’t simply buy them off the shelf; and to me, it cuts both ways... if the doctor then Does Rx the drug the customer/patient requests & then something bad happens, ( like death), the doctor can then say in his Defense, “Your Honor, the Late Mr. Jones ASKED me to prescribe the drug that killed him.....🤬 

They also wine and dine the doctors to encourage them to prescribe their medications as well.  I know that first hand.  They would rent out an entire room at La Villeta when it was open in Tyler and they didn't hold back on anything.  Every employee wanted to work those nights, because the tabs were huge and they tipped accordingly.  Then they actually pay them to prescribe those medications.   https://gizmodo.com/big-pharma-money-really-does-influence-what-doctors-pre-1840563909

• Like 1

Well I'm seeing more and more people being infected with the Delta variant and hospitalization is way up again.  What's demented Joe doing about it other than asking people to become vaccinated ?  The bad part of it is many of those vaccinated are now contracting it.  

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Well I'm seeing more and more people being infected with the Delta variant and hospitalization is way up again.  What's demented Joe doing about it other than asking people to become vaccinated ?  The bad part of it is many of those vaccinated are now contracting it.  

Being vaccinated isn’t stopping people from getting it. Maybe it’s making the symptoms less severe, but it’s definitely not ending covid. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Being vaccinated isn’t stopping people from getting it. Maybe it’s making the symptoms less severe, but it’s definitely not ending covid. 

Some are dying from it, but it's only .01% from what I read today.  After this weekend California is back in the lead for most cases, and they have stricter requirements than Florida.  Who know's when it will officially be over.