UPDATE: Southlake QB Quinn Ewers skipping senior season, to enroll early at Ohio State

Eagleborn

This kind of thing is going to keep a whole lot of high schools across the country from winning additional state championships in the future. 
You have to believe if Ewers leaves SLC a year early skipping his senior season their chances of winning state drop by at least 50%. 

It all depends on if it works. 

If this kid and the other kid (a RB, I believe?) turn into college stars, then yes: this will become a new trend for elite recruits. 

But if they both flame out, look for colleges to discourage their stars from sitting out. 

19 minutes ago, LOL said:

It all depends on if it works. 

If this kid and the other kid (a RB, I believe?) turn into college stars, then yes: this will become a new trend for elite recruits. 

But if they both flame out, look for colleges to discourage their stars from sitting out. 

So ur not gonna say this kid not gonna accomplish anything as well like u did the other kid. Just asking for the people in the back 

• Roll Eyes 1

4 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I want to see the same type of energy y’all had for the other kid that did this.

I don't have a dog in the fight, but that was before the rule change about collegiate athletes getting paid wasn't it? That might affect some people's opinions. 

1 minute ago, mikehoncho said:

I don't have a dog in the fight, but that was before the rule change about collegiate athletes getting paid wasn't it? That might affect some people's opinions. 

So the other kid did it to get ready for the next level and this kid is doing it for the money hmmm? Which one has the better intention? Just a question.

Just now, Sportsguru02 said:

So the other kid did it to get ready for the next level and this kid is doing it for the money hmmm? Which one has the better intention? Just a question.

I'm saying If I was a kid who could skip my senior year and become a millionaire right away, why the hell wouldn't I? 

6 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I'm saying If I was a kid who could skip my senior year and become a millionaire right away, why the hell wouldn't I? 

But not if your dream was to play at the next level and you wanted to ensure that ur healthy enough football wise to play.

16 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

So ur not gonna say this kid not gonna accomplish anything as well like u did the other kid. Just asking for the people in the back 

Yep. That's my position. I don't think this kid is accomplishing Jack-doodley-squat. That goes for any other who does this. 

That clear enough for ya, chief? 

13 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Is the other kid enrolling early at Texas or is he just going to be sitting on his *** in the fall?

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Is the other kid enrolling early at Texas or is he just going to be sitting on his *** in the fall?

Solid point. But I believe he has a “trainer” that he’ll be working with and not actually on campus with his team. Apparently there is zero difference between the two. 

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Southlake QB Quinn Ewers skipping senior season, to enroll early at Ohio State