The Official Powerlifter Thread

powerlifter

3 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you I'm just yanking your chain. I know Gilmer will be good and minus injuries they will probably be right back in Jerry World.

But it's a promise they don't beat Carthage (Surratt) until he moves on. Shame how people forget how embarrising it was last year...

PG wins district dew to better coaching.

49 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

But it's a promise they don't beat Carthage (Surratt) until he moves on. Shame how people forget how embarrising it was last year...

PG wins district dew to better coaching.

Hey we could of just got beat in the 3rd round like someone but I liked the fact we had a chance to shoot our shot. What makes PG coaching better? 

7 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

I saw PG put a picture of a sophomore who didn’t play  varsity last year in Dave Campbell Magazine.  Who puts pictures of sophomores in the magazine unless you are trying to keep them from moving back to LE or THigh.

That’s cause the Soph is the best player on the team 

11 hours ago, BuckNut said:

I saw PG put a picture of a sophomore who didn’t play  varsity last year in Dave Campbell Magazine.  Who puts pictures of sophomores in the magazine unless you are trying to keep them from moving back to LE or THigh.

PG is advertising on the local radio show that they are lead by “Boardley, Jackson & Shaw”.   Boardley (soph), Jackson (Fresh brother of Landon as we know), Shaw (Jr.).   Young for sure but I guess the few Srs. are lead by one that has never stepped on the field for varsity action.    Hhhmmm

1 hour ago, BlackShirtD said:

PG is advertising on the local radio show that they are lead by “Boardley, Jackson & Shaw”.   Boardley (soph), Jackson (Fresh brother of Landon as we know), Shaw (Jr.).   Young for sure but I guess the few Srs. are lead by one that has never stepped on the field for varsity actio

pg has nothing to with that radio spot. The station just did it with no input 

On 7/30/2021 at 11:19 PM, Sportsguru02 said:

We will run through this district, no games within 2-3 tds.

If you keep that attitude Pleasant Grove will beat you. We know Gilmer is great, but we also know what happened in the state championship game last year. PG will be young, so a lot of us don't know exactly what to expect. I think they could be a lot like 2016. They came together with a win over Gilmer and that could happen again this season.

• Like 1

Just now, Texlov said:

If you keep that attitude Pleasant Grove will beat you. We know Gilmer is great, but we also know what happened in the state championship game last year. PG will be young, so a lot of us don't know exactly what to expect. I think they could be a lot like 2016. They came together with a win over Gilmer and that could happen again this season.

You act what I’m saying gonna have any effect on the game lol. Also say it again state game, heck we had to take up for y’all against Caddo mills lol but ur welcome. Like I said the game will not be close. 

On 7/31/2021 at 9:15 PM, Sportsguru02 said:

That’s cause the Soph is the best player on the team 

Tennison is the man at quarterback, but PG's sophomore qb could be very special if he matures and improves like Tennison has.

Just now, Sportsguru02 said:

You act what I’m saying gonna have any effect on the game lol. Also say it again state game, heck we had to take up for y’all against Caddo mills lol but ur welcome. Like I said the game will not be close. 

It will be close, and I agree Gilmer is the favorite today.

On 7/31/2021 at 8:45 PM, Sportsguru02 said:

Hey we could of just got beat in the 3rd round like someone but I liked the fact we had a chance to shoot our shot. What makes PG coaching better? 

I have a long memory. Gilmer was unbeaten and nationally ranked in 2006 and lost in the first round to Liberty-Eylau. That Gilmer qb was great, too. He played in the NFL, and I'm not sure if Tennison will get that opportunity. I hope he does. He's a great player.

1 hour ago, Texlov said:

I have a long memory. Gilmer was unbeaten and nationally ranked in 2006 and lost in the first round to Liberty-Eylau. That Gilmer qb was great, too. He played in the NFL, and I'm not sure if Tennison will get that opportunity. I hope he does. He's a great player.

We don’t have tennison u will find out and y’all don’t have a james or middlebrooks

On 7/31/2021 at 9:30 AM, BlackShirtD said:

I know the pts. Per game are irrelevant but they are below.    I agree the Carthage D played stiffer competition.   

The Stangs gave up 7.1 pts per in 9 games.    The Bulldogs gave up 8.3 pts per in 13 games.   Just a little data.  Both D’s were really good.    Both will be really good again.    I think Carthage returns 9 or 10 on D and WOS returns the core of what makes them go, the LB’s.

Maxpreps shows WOS giving up 8.5/game, unless you take away the "Covid" loss to CS, then it goes to 7/game.  Both teams do have good defenses.  Just for color, I see that WOS only played 3 games against teams that average 28 pts or more.  Against Newton, who averaged 50.7/game last year, they shut them out!  Without the CS game, it looks like they held opponents about 17 ppg below their season average.

Carthage played 10 times against teams that averaged 28+.  They held those teams almost 27 points below their season average.  Add in the lower scoring teams and it drops to 23.9 PPG below their season average.  

The only common opponents were Silsbee and CS.  Silsbee averaged 28.5 ppg last year.  WOS held them to 6 and Carthage shut them out.

Hope these two teams get to mix it up this year!

• Like 1

• powerlifter changed the title to freshmen last year played in the game we lost
  • Stoney changed the title to The Official Powerlifter Thread
  • Stoney featured and unfeatured this topic