WEEK ONE: Lufkin Vs Tyler Legacy, August 27th, 2021 @ Abe Martin Stadium, 7:00 PM

PackAttack

Tyler Legacy Red Raiders @ Lufkin Panthers  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

• 5A Div I - LUFKIN PANTHERS
    • 6A Div II - TYLER LEGACY RED RAIDERS

On 8/22/2021 at 7:19 PM, PackAttack said:

Legacy is a 12 point favorite by Jerry's Pigskin Prep.  That sounds like a sure deal to me. We'll see what Matt Stepp's odds are later in the week.

I read the Tyler Telegraph article about the Legacy-Marshall scrimmage, Joe Willis made it sound like the Red Raiders were the physical team, and smacked Marshall around pretty good.

Legacy’s defense shut our passing game down completely.  We had some success on the ground ,but they sniffed out the passing game completely. 

Offensively they were pretty vanilla. We kept them in check most of the night.

They won the controlled portion of the scrimmage 1-0.  Thanks to a 53 (?) yard pass. Other than that okay… they didn’t do much. 

In the live quarter they had 1 TD. We kept them in check the rest of the way. 

In fairness to Legacy… they were vanilla.  But the Mav defense only gave up 2 long plays all night. Other than that… we shut them down.   Which I didn’t expect.  I thought their offense was going to be guns blazing.  They may not have been by design. 

I was more impressed with their defense. They were fast.  And anything that was just slightly off to a WR was a potential INT. They simply didn’t bend Vs the pass. 

We had one RB average over 6 yards a carry on 11 totes.  And another RB that had some success.

Lee just had a lot more size than us. Way more. I don’t know how LP compares. Both of their lines were considerably larger with a lot more depth on the bench. 

There was no doubt a noticeable difference between 6A and 5A D2.  I’m sure LP’s gap is smaller than ours in that dept. 

Best of luck to both this season.  Hope y’all each have great seasons. 

I’ll take Legacy by 11.3 points 😂

The 2 D1 running backs, the 5 star Jordan Renaud, and the lockdown corner Sears, is what I'm excited about for Legacy. Those 4 fill up the table at signing day. Something Lee hasn't had in several years. If the QB can just run the offense, they can have a playoff team.