Practices already getting cancelled

Eagleborn

Just skimming through this thread…, it started off with Covid discussion… didn’t take long to evolve into arguing… this is what they want, division, as TatumDirtybird said. It’s about dividing us, me vs you. Sick of it. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, armchair said:

Then you should understand distractions…….

Some call it distraction, I call it inconsistency we've heard every reason almost thinkable about the virus, each day ppl come up with some new reason were still hearing about it....

Got a feeling it's going to be another messed up year for HS sports, I was looking forward to getting back as close as we can to normal but the path is looking blurry at the moment, hope I'm wrong!!!

Nonetheless it's a beautiful thing to be speaking of the upcoming season, it's here thank God!!!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

I sure was hoping for a normal season. Canceled games, practices, teams having to forfeit playoff games...just takes away some of the legitimacy and excitement. Still could happen though, keep praying for it.

I agree! I think last years champs should have an asterisk by their name. No way those losers in Carthage pull that off if COVID didn’t eliminate all the good teams first! 😉

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

29 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

I agree! I think last years champs should have an asterisk by their name. No way those losers in Carthage pull that off if COVID didn’t eliminate all the good teams first! 😉

Lol, dang straight! Them Bulldogs should have to prove themselves...

Then I wake up and reality sets in: Carthage wins. The rest of us fight for 2nd.

• Thanks 1

So of the 164 million fully vaccinated right now, 7,525 people have been hospitalized. 

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

I don't trust the government either, but the vaccine is doing it's job. It is keeping people out of the hospital. At this point if you don't get the vaccine, and go to the hospital, its on you. That's the great thing though, you have the choice to get it. I am not pointing fingers at people, but if you want to decrease the chances of getting severely ill and going to the hospital, get the shot. If you don't, live your life, and don't get the shot.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

So of the 164 million fully vaccinated right now, 7,525 people have been hospitalized. 

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

I don't trust the government either, but the vaccine is doing it's job. It is keeping people out of the hospital. At this point if you don't get the vaccine, and go to the hospital, its on you. That's the great thing though, you have the choice to get it. I am not pointing fingers at people, but if you want to decrease the chances of getting severely ill and going to the hospital, get the shot. If you don't, live your life, and don't get the shot.

Sheep

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Those numbers are misleading. How many got the virus and didn’t go to the hospital when this all started? I’ve read that this new variant spreads easier and is way less intense. That’s got to be true. I read it on the internet. 

8 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

You can’t believe everything they are telling you. I guess since Biden was on TV with a needle sticking out of his arm, he got the vaccine? As far as I’m concerned, that coulda been heroin. 

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Best of luck to you sir. The highest percentage of people in the hospital right now are old and unvaccinated. That's your choice though. If you want the shot, go get it. If not, enjoy your life. 

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/covidnet/COVID19_5.html

I know 2 people that got the vaccine and it killed them. 

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Best of luck to you sir. The highest percentage of people in the hospital right now are old and unvaccinated. That's your choice though. If you want the shot, go get it. If not, enjoy your life. 

Once again, you putting way too much trust in what they are telling you. 

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

According to "media"....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Those numbers are misleading. How many got the virus and didn’t go to the hospital when this all started? I’ve read that this new variant spreads easier and is way less intense. That’s got to be true. I read it on the internet. 

There should be new data out next week. I am not here to pick a fight, I am just telling you what the current data says. 

For instance in the UK, they had big spikes due to the Delta variant last month. 75% of adults are fully vaccinated. They went from like 50k cases a day now to like 20-30k a day. I think it is interesting to see what will happen.

Just now, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

There should be new data out next week. I am not here to pick a fight, I am just telling you what the current data says. 

For instance in the UK, they had big spikes due to the Delta variant last month. 75% of adults are fully vaccinated. They went from like 50k cases a day now to like 20-30k a day. I think it is interesting to see what will happen.

Data is manipulated....wake up sheep....

Just now, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

I’m not fighting with you either, I’m just telling you that you can’t believe everything they are telling you. It’s a lot half truths in there. 

• Thanks 1