Friday Night Football App

HKS85

I saw on the app that Wylie East scored in the first quarter on Mt Pleasant and missed the PAT a little later I went back to the app and it ust kept continually loading schedule games with little spinning thing. Did that all night. Went to bed just checked it this morning still says it’s loading….not good and that was a THURSDAY night. 

• Stinks 1

On 8/25/2021 at 9:25 PM, MattStepp said:

The app is not finished...there will be more updates and functionality coming....

Is the "games near me" function going to be added?  That was the easiest way to find scoresb of games ....

Listing the scores by classification makes it too cumbersome to find the scores.  On the old version, It was so easy to just click on the games near me function and select the 100 miles and get most of the East Texas scores ...

• Like 3

Dave Campbell's dave campbelled a great app that is now :poop::poop: Terrible. No mile radius to see certain games. Can't see teams schedules. Can't Pick winners. Can't even know if the game is "final" or in progress. Half the games last night or more were live but said "FINAL". I don't want to see the magazine ads or whatever STEP and TOpper have written. I want to see the scores of Anson vs Winters, Barbers Hill vs Katy P., or look at other buddies schedules/ scores. This version is trash. Do we have an alternative app to use...

• Like 1

The old version was a lot better in so many ways  Looking for scores with the new app is like looking for a needle in a haystack.  With the games near me function, you didn’t have to try and remember all the games, it pulled them up automatically ... it just seems like the new app doesn’t have the same real time functionality but more links to articles etc .... im not sure what is left to be done or added, but at this point, it seems like some of the best features of the old app are gone ....

• Like 2
  • Stinks 1

6 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I was trying to figure out how to put the teams I wanted to follow, the old app you just chose your teams, this app not so or maybe I couldn't find it, I finally said enough

Three bars top left,  click the gear,  scroll down and add teams,  be sure to click save at the top right after adding 

• Like 1

I know the app will eventually improve and get to where it needs to be, but it is pretty rough right now. I think it was a bad move for the DCTF crew to try to roll this thing out before it was ready ... or at least a lot more ready than it is right now. A better idea would have been to rebrand and repackage the old app until the new and improved version was actually ready to go.

Change is inevitable, but not all change is progress, and this feels like that. It's a few big steps backward with the hope that eventually they'll get back that forward motion. Hopefully the DCTF crew learned some hard lessons through this and they'll do some self-improving.