Friday Night Football App

HKS85

The app is beyond terrible.  To record a score, you tap on a helmet and record "how" they scored - and not all possibilities are available so semi rare occurances.......too bad.  Cant record it. The ability to just enter the score appears to be gone - and there appears to be no way to edit or undo.  Am I missing something?  This is just a joke otherwise.

1 minute ago, Pax said:

A more efficient use of words would have been 

"We dont know what the hell we are doing, and we cant promise we ever will"

Lol guys ... they screwed this up. We all know it. And they admitted it right at the top of the article. But now, given that admittance, it seems the common courtesy thing to do would be to extend DCTF the grace to make it right. If they can't, or wont, then maybe that's the time to get the torches and pitchforks. But DCTF has consistently done good things, and this FUBAR rollout aside, I think they'll continue to do good things.

Maybe that's the eternal optimist in me. But they've completed step 1, which is admit the failure. Now it's time to see the growth, which they've laid out somewhat in the article.

• Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Lol guys ... they screwed this up. We all know it. And they admitted it right at the top of the article. But now, given that admittance, it seems the common courtesy thing to do would be to extend DCTF the grace to make it right. If they can't, or wont, then maybe that's the time to get the torches and pitchforks. But DCTF has consistently done good things, and this FUBAR rollout aside, I think they'll continue to do good things.

Maybe that's the eternal optimist in me. But they've completed step 1, which is admit the failure. Now it's time to see the growth, which they've laid out somewhat in the article.

Do me a favor.  Go to the Gunter vs Sunnyvale game (which wont start for another four and a half hours).  It is currently 7-0 in the second quarter.  Fix it.  

You cant.  Because nobody apparently had the foresight to have an undo. It cant be fixed.  If Gunter scored first and goes for 2,the score will never be right.  Ever.  This is more than an oopsie.  It's a colossal F up and it deserves ridicule - acknowledging your incompetence does not absolve you of it.  This app is damn horrible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pax said:

Do me a favor.  Go to the Gunter vs Sunnyvale game (which wont start for another four and a half hours).  It is currently 7-0 in the second quarter.  Fix it.  

You cant.  Because nobody apparently had the foresight to have an undo. It cant be fixed.  If Gunter scored first and goes for 2,the score will never be right.  Ever.  This is more than an oopsie.  It's a colossal F up and it deserves ridicule - acknowledging your incompetence does not absolve you of it.  This app is damn horrible. 

Thoughts and prayers for Gunter.

• LOL! 3

Just now, Pax said:

The score can be fixed...I just fixed it..the time is an issue and we'll get that fixed....but thats the least of the issues with the app...

Just now, MattStepp said:

The score can be fixed...I just fixed it..the time is an issue and we'll get that fixed....but thats the least of the issues with the app...

Thanks.  I figured that assertion would backfire on me.

1 minute ago, MattStepp said:

What about the "games near me" feature the old app had? Is that going to be added? Looking for scores now is way too cumbersome ...

Just now, Pax said:

It was an example.... geez

Lol Pax, I'm just giving you a hard time because your post was a touch melodramatic, man. I understand your frustration, and I don't disagree with what you said earlier. But my man, it's an app, and it doesn't affect the outcome of the actual game one iota.

Anyway, y'all carry on. You're one of the good ones, Pax. I like your insight on Gunter, so keep it up!

2 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

What about the "games near me" feature the old app had? Is that going to be added? Looking for scores now is way too cumbersome ...

I think the priority will be getting the app as its set up to work properly and handle the Friday night traffic once the developers have that taken care of the first feature I've asked to be added is the ability to filter by class, region and district...the games near me feature is further down the priority list

4 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I think the priority will be getting the app as its set up to work properly and handle the Friday night traffic once the developers have that taken care of the first feature I've asked to be added is the ability to filter by class, region and district...the games near me feature is further down the priority list

The "games near me" function was the best feature of the old app ... having to filter by class, region and district to find scores is a major pain in the rear end ... fixing that should be a top priority ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama