2021-22 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

LoboFan07

FOOTBALL
Division I District 7: Highland Park, Longview, McKinney North, Sherman, Tyler, West Mesquite, Wylie East
Division I District 8: Cleveland, College Station, Lufkin, Magnolia, Magnolia West, New Caney, New Caney Porter, Waller
Division II District 9: Hallsville, Jacksonville, Marshall, Mount Pleasant, Nacogodches, Pine Tree, Texas High, Whitehouse

OTHER SPORTS
District 15: Hallsville, Longview, Marshall, Mount Pleasant, Pine Tree, Sulphur Springs, Texas High
District 16: Huntsville, Jacksonville, Lufkin, Nacogoches, Tyler, Whitehouse

5A D1 D7 Football Thread: http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?/topic/180411-official-2021-district-7-5a-di-thread/

5A D2 D9 Football Thread: http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?/topic/181720-2021-district-9-5a-div-ii-football-thread/

• Like 1

Volleyball season starts this Tuesday.

Hallsville travels to Whitehouse
Longview visits Tyler Legacy
Marshall hosts Jacksonville
Mount Pleasant hosts Redwater
Pine Tree hosts Tyler Grace Community
Sulphur Springs hosts Paris North Lamar and Sherman
Texas High hosts Liberty-Eylau and Atlanta

Huntsville travels to Lexington
Jacksonville travels to Marshall
Lufkin hosts Willis (after having traveled to Conroe on MONDAY night)
Nacogdoches travels to Timpson
Tyler visits Kilgore
Whitehouse hosts Hallsville

16 hours ago, Matt said:

JAX will most likely drop to 4A in Feb 2022…. thank goodness. 

When you say Jacksonville will likely drop down to 4a. Are you bashing that off of enrollment declining in Jacksonville? Or are you bashing that off the fact the uil is  always raising the numbers and Jacksonville is not growing enough to keep them in 5a.

4 minutes ago, VonG said:

When you say Jacksonville will likely drop down to 4a. Are you bashing that off of enrollment declining in Jacksonville? Or are you bashing that off the fact the uil is  always raising the numbers and Jacksonville is not growing enough to keep them in 5a.

UIL raising numbers.  If you go look, JAX enrollment has been steady. Its actually up about 100-200 students since the late 90s.  Just too many schools moving into 5a now.  

1 hour ago, VonG said:

Kind of both… but mainly numbers are dropping. UIL usually bumps 25-50 as well… but mainly our numbers look to be down based on what I’m hearing for the coming snapshot. 

Nac has a new coach for 3 of the girls sports team for the 2021-2022 season

Stephanie Bradford-Volleyball(Former SFA Player and Club Volleyball Coach)

Harold Scroggins-Basketball(Former Lufkin Girls Coach)

Christina May-Softball(coached at West Texas A&M, and spent last year in Garrison)

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

UIL raising numbers.  If you go look, JAX enrollment has been steady. Its actually up about 100-200 students since the late 90s.  Just too many schools moving into 5a now.  

Thanks. Lol.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Kind of both… but mainly numbers are dropping. UIL usually bumps 25-50 as well… but mainly our numbers look to be down based on what I’m hearing for the coming snapshot. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I believe y’all will be more competitive. I can see Jax being just as strong as Chapel Hill and Henderson. The playoffs are much easier. Playing Splendor and Lcm is little easier than Huntsville and College station lol.

I don’t think it’s necessarily easier. It’s more appropriate. 

It’s all relative. That’s why classification and alignment exist. 

I think a third round playoff game in 6A is just as tough as a third round game in 4A… relatively speaking. 

Carthage Vs Stephenville in the third round is just as hard as Longview vs Denton Ryan relatively speaking.

But I agree that Jax dropping to schools closer to their enrollment will benefit them.  But no wouldn’t declare it easy for them. Just appropriate for them. 

jmho 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

I don’t think it’s necessarily easier. It’s more appropriate. 

It’s all relative. That’s why classification and alignment exist. 

I think a third round playoff game in 6A is just as tough as a third round game in 4A… relatively speaking. 

Carthage Vs Stephenville in the third round is just as hard as Longview vs Denton Ryan relatively speaking.

But I agree that Jax dropping to schools closer to their enrollment will benefit them.  But no wouldn’t declare it easy for them. Just appropriate for them. 

jmho 

100%. It is all relative 

Before the season(s) get underway, just wanted to post really quick that I finally got the game logs for every single sport (team at least) up for Lobo athletics. 

Will be starting to get all the schedules posted, but probably won’t until next spring with football starting up.

https://lobohistory.com/othersports/main.html

• Like 3

Lufkin Lady Pack Volleyball opened the new Multi Purpose facility with a BIG win over Willis High School. After a 1st set loss, the girls came back to take 3 sets in a row. Lufkin is now 2-0 against two 6A programs. Next action @ Central Heights tourney this weekend. Next home game - Lufkin's own Tourney - August 19-21!