2021-22 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

LoboFan07

East Texas 5A scores in Tyler today...
Longview: 2-1 W vs Mineola (25-14, 21-15, 15-13), 2-1 L vs Van (25-20, 22-25, 10-15), 2-0 Forfeit W vs Arp

Tyler: 2-0 L vs Joshua (12-25, 20-25), 2-0 L vs Pleasant Grove (20-25, 20-25)

Texas High: 2-0 L vs Cedar Hill (21-25, 13-25), 2-0 W vs Lindale (25-20, 25-21)

Marshall: 1-1 T vs Bryan Rudder (18-25, 25-16), 2-0 L vs Paris (16-25, 22-25), 2-0 W vs Rusk (25-6, 25-16)

Schedule for tomorrow:
Texas High is in Pool A with Bullard, Van & Tyler Legacy
Marshall is in Pool B with Cedar Hill, Carthage & Pleasant Grove
Longview is in Pool C with Paris, Joshua & Mabank
Tyler is in Pool E with Tyler All Saints, Bryan Rudder & Rusk

This isn’t news. 
Visiting fans have been screaming this for YEARS.  

It’s clearly encouraged and supported by parents, staff, and administration.

The dirtiness on the fields and courts by WH athletes reflects the same. 

It has been discussed ad nauseam here on SDC. And all the WH supporters come out to deny and defend it. 

But when 6 of the 8 teams in your district are minority schools….. and they all report the same thing.  When reporters have commented about it on Twitter…. There must be some credence to it. 

WHISD is complicit in this behavior. Shame on them.  Shame on the parents. Shame on the students. 

• Like 2

I cannot fathom being a minority student playing on their teams.

The toxicity of that environment is mind boggling.

If it’s happening in the stands and on the fields and courts… then it’s happening in the locker rooms, the classrooms, the cafeteria, etc etc.  

What an ugly bubble they are living in.  

24 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I cannot fathom being a minority student playing on their teams.

The toxicity of that environment is mind boggling.

If it’s happening in the stands and on the fields and courts… then it’s happening in the locker rooms, the classrooms, the cafeteria, etc etc.  

What an ugly bubble they are living in.  

The sad thing is most of their students come from Tyler.

• Like 1

15-5A Volleyball Standings

Hallsville 6-3
Marshall 8-4
Texas High 8-6
Pine Tree 3-3
Sulphur Springs 7-8
Mount Pleasant 2-3
Longview 2-9

Notes:
Hallsville beat Tyler Legacy Tuesday night, handing the Lady Red Raiders their first loss of the season.

Marshall has won 5 matches in a row. 

Defending district champion SS has struggled so far this season.  But has also played one of the toughest schedules.

District starts two weeks from Friday

On 8/26/2021 at 4:05 PM, Mavchamp said:

15-5A Volleyball Standings

Hallsville 6-3
Marshall 8-4
Texas High 8-6
Pine Tree 3-3
Sulphur Springs 7-8
Mount Pleasant 2-3
Longview 2-9

Notes:
Hallsville beat Tyler Legacy Tuesday night, handing the Lady Red Raiders their first loss of the season.

Marshall has won 5 matches in a row. 

Defending district champion SS has struggled so far this season.  But has also played one of the toughest schedules.

District starts two weeks from Friday

We’re 6-13, btw.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2021 at 9:04 AM, Mavchamp said:

This isn’t news. 
Visiting fans have been screaming this for YEARS.  

It’s clearly encouraged and supported by parents, staff, and administration.

The dirtiness on the fields and courts by WH athletes reflects the same. 

It has been discussed ad nauseam here on SDC. And all the WH supporters come out to deny and defend it. 

But when 6 of the 8 teams in your district are minority schools….. and they all report the same thing.  When reporters have commented about it on Twitter…. There must be some credence to it. 

WHISD is complicit in this behavior. Shame on them.  Shame on the parents. Shame on the students. 

Yes, I started talking about this in 2003…. 18 years ago. That was the first time I ever heard another team using the N-word on our players. Amazingly, White House also has African-Americans on their team and they have for a long time. I just don’t see how that was tolerated. It was always after the play, like when they were getting up. I’ve heard the student chants as well.

However, I must say that when Adam Cook took over as head football coach and Randy Copeland took over as Athletic Director, that stuff stopped  on the field — and I’m right there, I hear it all. Maybe other folks still saw and heard stuff but starting in 2015 or so, it stopped. Randy was our head coach in JAX when I first heard that with WhiteHouse, he coached here 2003-2007. We talked about it. When did this start? With the coach before Coach Cook. It got really bad. Other things were unsportsmanlike, too. Maybe my ears are too old now, but on the field I haven’t heard those slurs in years. 

Your school district is only as good as your administration. If the students are doing those things, and it isn’t stopped, that reflects on who us in charge. …. and it shows a lack of integrity in the district. I know for a fact that our administrators here in Jacksonville do not put up with any of those nasty chants. Kids will try anything if you let them, but you have to go over there and take care of it. Ours do, they won’t put up with it. 

I hope some WH folks will read these posts and do something about it. Look, there are some good folks in WH, Coach Cook is an outstanding man…. it only takes a few knuckleheads to ruin it for the rest of them. 

I have no idea about the on the field stuff, but I know we faced them in volleyball in 2015 and that student section was the most racist student section I have ever heard in my life.

Their administrators did nothing to stop them. The gym we played at itself had to take all their signs away and threatened to kick them out from the chants they were trying.

• Like 1

I can tell you without a doubt it occurred in Football when we played there in 2019…. And when we played in Marshall in 2018.

I don’t recall seeing it in the 2020 game…. In football.  But there was some ugliness in the baseball playoff series.  

But the nastiness on the football field pales in comparison to what I’ve seen at basketball and baseball games. 

The fact that fans from Longview, Marshall, Pine Tree, Jax, Mt Pleasant, Nac, Lufkin, John Tyler have all reported this…. Seems to give a lot of credence to it. 

And clearly it’s allowed by WISD and parents….considering how long it’s been going on with little said by either. 

My experience on SDC is that apologists, deniers, and deflectors step up to the plate.  Call us all sore losers.  All victims of that Whitehouse dynasty we’ve been waiting to see materialize for almost 20 years. 

I have heard Hallsville has had no complaints about Whitehouse, however. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

I can tell you without a doubt it occurred in Football when we played there in 2019…. And when we played in Marshall in 2018.

I don’t recall seeing it in the 2020 game…. In football.  But there was some ugliness in the baseball playoff series.  

But the nastiness on the football field pales in comparison to what I’ve seen at basketball and baseball games. 

The fact that fans from Longview, Marshall, Pine Tree, Jax, Mt Pleasant, Nac, Lufkin, John Tyler have all reported this…. Seems to give a lot of credence to it. 

And clearly it’s allowed by WISD and parents….considering how long it’s been going on with little said by either. 

My experience on SDC is that apologists, deniers, and deflectors step up to the plate.  Call us all sore losers.  All victims of that Whitehouse dynasty we’ve been waiting to see materialize for almost 20 years. 

I have heard Hallsville has had no complaints about Whitehouse, however. 

i really haven’t seen a whitehouse fan on here in some time. I know they are on here. They still could be posting. I just haven’t seen them. Is this stuff only happening in Whitehouse, or are they doing it in other schools gyms and so on?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

i really haven’t seen a whitehouse fan on here in some time. I know they are on here. They still could be posting. I just haven’t seen them. Is this stuff only happening in Whitehouse, or are they doing it in other schools gyms and so on?

I havent seen WH posters on here since McFarland left.

• Like 1

15-5A Volleyball standings
Texas High (3-0), (19-10)
Sulphur Springs (2-1), (14-11)
Hallsville (2-1), (16-8)
Marshall (1-1), (19-11)
Longview (1-1), (11-18)
Pine Tree (0-2), (9-11)
Mount Pleasant (0-3), (8-8)

Game 1
Texas High beat PT 3-0
SS beat MP 3-0