Pro-Blacklist Director James Gunn’s ‘Suicide Squad’ Is a Box Office Catastrophe

RETIREDFAN1

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/08/08/nolte-pro-blacklist-director-james-gunns-suicide-squad-is-a-box-office-catastrophe/

From the article: 

"

James Gunn, a far-left Woketard who defends political blacklisting, finds child rape funny, and traded videos with the url “100-pubescent-girls-touch-themselves” with a guy who’s now a convicted pedophile, has just delivered one of the biggest box office disasters in history.

His Suicide Squad just opened to a pathetic $25 million, which makes it a historical failure."

Maybe when all the wokes go broke, we'll actually get some good movies again.......

I don't know anything about it except the fact that I've seen *crazy* amounts of advertising for it in the last couple weeks. 

Which was confusing, because I remember a Will Smith move by this name but I didn't know what the deal was with this. 

3 hours ago, LOL said:

I don't know anything about it except the fact that I've seen *crazy* amounts of advertising for it in the last couple weeks. 

Which was confusing, because I remember a Will Smith move by this name but I didn't know what the deal was with this. 

The original came out in 2016.  I didn't go and see it, but even it only made $175 million at the box office. Even Solo made $393.2 million on a $300 million budget, but $93.2 profit wasn't good enough to make a sequel out of it.  They are already in discussions to make a third Suicide Squad.  For some reason D.C. comic movies just can't make a dent, except the first Superman and the Batman movies.  I think people are turned off on Superman movies, because they've always made them poorly, and don't live up to what most Superman fans see him as being.  

13 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

The original came out in 2016.  I didn't go and see it, but even it only made $175 million at the box office. Even Solo made $393.2 million on a $300 million budget, but $93.2 profit wasn't good enough to make a sequel out of it.  They are already in discussions to make a third Suicide Squad.  For some reason D.C. comic movies just can't make a dent, except the first Superman and the Batman movies.  I think people are turned off on Superman movies, because they've always made them poorly, and don't live up to what most Superman fans see him as being.  

Geez, it seems like they're really trying to make Suicide Squad a thing, and the market is rebuking them. 

I don't get it. 

5 hours ago, LOL said:

Geez, it seems like they're really trying to make Suicide Squad a thing, and the market is rebuking them. 

I don't get it. 

It’s DC trying to get some of that Guardians of the Galaxy love. Superman/Batman serious stuff. Avengers serious stuff. GotG and SS? More action humor. Marvel tried to make The Inhumans a thing. Nobody cared. First big bomb from them. So Disney has to go and buy up every other Marvel property to offset that loss.

1 hour ago, LOL said:

Guardians was carried by the comic charisma and star power of Chris Pratt. Who's the lead in Suicide Squad? I don't recognize him...  is he new? 

041FE082-2539-44D9-9E39-4F9D592A4913.jpeg

As far as I’m concerned, this is the lead. Yowyzers!!!

• Confused 1

Funny how the article mentions briefly that it was on HBO max the same day. I’d say that they should wait and see how many people streamed it there before saying that it’s a major flop. I watched it and felt it was a very good movie. Of course Breitbart isn’t exactly the beacon of objective reporting. 

6 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

Funny how the article mentions briefly that it was on HBO max the same day. I’d say that they should wait and see how many people streamed it there before saying that it’s a major flop. I watched it and felt it was a very good movie. Of course Breitbart isn’t exactly the beacon of objective reporting. 

Well Scarlett Johansson is suing because her movie flopped but it did well on HBO Max....guess ticket sales mean more to actors.......and Breitbart has not been caught in basically a lie a week like those "objective" sources you tend to use.....

1 minute ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Well Scarlett Johansson is suing because her movie flopped but it did well on HBO Max....guess ticket sales mean more to actors.......and Breitbart has not been caught in basically a lie a week like those "objective" sources you tend to use.....

I think her issue was she was supposed to get money off the ticket sales and Disney released it in their streaming service. Streams don’t equal ticket sales. That’s the way I understood it.

1 minute ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Ummm, Black Widow wasn’t on HBO Max and you had to pay extra for it to stream it. You didn’t have to pay extra for The Suicide Squad.