The Official Powerlifter Thread

powerlifter

2 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

If Carthage watches from home this year with that defense, it will mean that the new O-line couldn't get it together and/or the new QB didn't play to the standard that has been filled by pretty much all of them in the Surratt era.  

I'm willing to bet the new key players figure it out and they make it again.  

walk in and out of the new dressing room over  at west orange stark it says defense wins championships last year wo-s had the top defense in the state in 4a only virus and a very good young china springs football sent them home.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, powerlifter said:

walk in and out of the new dressing room over  at west orange stark it says defense wins championships last year wo-s had the top defense in the state in 4a only virus and a very good young china springs football sent them home.

Sorry bud but WOS did not have the best defense in the state.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, powerlifter said:

Last year the best defense in the state in 4A Div 2 (and I don’t mean according to PPG against crappy competition) was Carthage. 

9 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

Last year the best defense in the state in 4A Div 2 (and I don’t mean according to PPG against crappy competition) was Carthage. 

I know the pts. Per game are irrelevant but they are below.    I agree the Carthage D played stiffer competition.   

The Stangs gave up 7.1 pts per in 9 games.    The Bulldogs gave up 8.3 pts per in 13 games.   Just a little data.  Both D’s were really good.    Both will be really good again.    I think Carthage returns 9 or 10 on D and WOS returns the core of what makes them go, the LB’s.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Is PG not very good this year. 
2 or 3 touchdowns is a bunch. 

We only had problems with PG because their front line and had a defensive coordinator that refused to change things. Now that those once in generational kids are gone, I don’t see them as much of a threat. Also I heard that the guy that was bringing in most of the transfers moved his kid to Texas High so we will see if they still get the surrounding area kids.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

We only had problems with PG because their front line and had a defensive coordinator that refused to change things. Now that those once in generational kids are gone, I don’t see them as much of a threat. Also I heard that the guy that was bringing in most of the transfers moved his kid to Texas High so we will see if they still get the surrounding area kids.

Guru, I have you guys winning district hands down a and playing Carthage in the finals.   I think you may be right on the 2-3 TD’s during district play.   You guys have a ton of experience back.   Good luck and stay healthy.  You are also correct on the kid transferring to Texas High.   Not sure what happened but I’m betting it wasn’t pretty behind closed doors.   

38 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Guru, I have you guys winning district hands down a and playing Carthage in the finals.   I think you may be right on the 2-3 TD’s during district play.   You guys have a ton of experience back.   Good luck and stay healthy.  You are also correct on the kid transferring to Texas High.   Not sure what happened but I’m betting it wasn’t pretty behind closed doors.   

Yea I heard a bunch of crazy rumbling that some parents were getting #### that move-ins are taking away from kids that’s been there. It could be all hear say but I doubt it.

• powerlifter changed the title to freshmen last year played in the game we lost
  • Stoney changed the title to The Official Powerlifter Thread
  • Stoney featured and unfeatured this topic