Week One - Spring Hill @ Sabine

PantherNation2015

Poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who Gets the W

4 minutes ago, Acewell said:

This will be a close game again.  I know both teams have improved in the last year.  

How is the Sabine defense looking in scrimmages and practice?

Defense looks to be improved. We got some depth on that side of the ball. We scrimmaged Troup/EF then Grace and none of those teams scored on us. Y’all will have a better offense than any of those teams though. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 5:22 PM, Bclove05 said:

Defense looks to be improved. We got some depth on that side of the ball. We scrimmaged Troup/EF then Grace and none of those teams scored on us. Y’all will have a better offense than any of those teams though. 

Well, we think they will. QB1 not being 100% definitely doesn't help that matter. Even if he plays, I would assume he wouldn't be 100% after getting rolled up a week ago. Hope he gets back healthy soon. 

8 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Well, we think they will. QB1 not being 100% definitely doesn't help that matter. Even if he plays, I would assume he wouldn't be 100% after getting rolled up a week ago. Hope he gets back healthy soon. 

SH QB1 is more of a threat throwing the ball than running it, though he can tuck it and get 10 if needed.  He knows the offense and is a good game manager.  SH QB2 looks more like Sabine’s QB1.  He is a big kid and can throw it but he is probably going to get more yards on the ground than in the air.  He is only a Soph so still learning the offense.  Not sure which will get the start Fri at this point.  I have an idea but I’ll keep that to myself.  😁

6 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

SH QB1 is more of a threat throwing the ball than running it, though he can tuck it and get 10 if needed.  He knows the offense and is a good game manager.  SH QB2 looks more like Sabine’s QB1.  He is a big kid and can throw it but he is probably going to get more yards on the ground than in the air.  He is only a Soph so still learning the offense.  Not sure which will get the start Fri at this point.  I have an idea but I’ll keep that to myself.  😁

I’d let QB1 heal a few weeks. Let the youngster get his feet wet in case he is needed later on in the season. 

5 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I’d let QB1 heal a few weeks. Let the youngster get his feet wet in case he is needed later on in the season. 

If it were my call, I’d probably do the same and play it safe.  But it all depends on QB1’s response to treatment this week and how he looks pregame.  If QB2 gets the start, it’s gonna put more pressure on the Card’s D to stop the run.  Should make for a good matchup either way.