Nacogdoches Vs Henderson Scrimmage

nacdragon07

2 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Hopefully we both get a good look and I am rooting for both teams . I personally wouldn’t mind getting Nac back on the schedule. Usually a good game and statistically Nac is most played opponent in Henderson football history. I could both teams contending for a playoff spot and both have a lot to prove.

Yeah i don’t know why we stopped playing Henderson. We used to play Carthage  a lot as well. 

1 minute ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Well I have that motive as well but I know some of the coaches there so I will be rooting for them all year. Playing against Kilgore is just icing on the cake.

I really do believe that Kilgore Is going to be good again this year,dnt know much about Lindale since there stud running back Jenkins is gone, so I think Kilgore maybe the tough team to beat when District comes around but that's way to early to even call, just has that feeling that Kilgore will be good as well.

39 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I would be surprised if they weren’t the District champion no matter how I would prefer them to go 0-10. They should be stout of defense and good on offense. The dogs have the least question marks and definitely look the part.

Yea, haven't seen them on scrimmage but Henderson looking Good also so that would be a game.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LionKing12172920 said:

I really do believe that Kilgore Is going to be good again this year,dnt know much about Lindale since there stud running back Jenkins is gone, so I think Kilgore maybe the tough team to beat when District comes around but that's way to early to even call, just has that feeling that Kilgore will be good as well.

They always are. The thing that helps Nac out is we now usually kick off the season against them. If we played Kilgore 8 games into the season it would more then likely be a blowout. 

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I would be surprised if they weren’t the District champion no matter how I would prefer them to go 0-10. They should be stout of defense and good on offense. The dogs have the least question marks and definitely look the part.

we are replacing the entire offensive line, QB, and RB....we may lean on the defense until the offense figures everything out...we have a very talented QB taking over (didnt play in Gilmer scrimmage) and a descent backup...we have several good RB's (as usual)...the biggest question was the OL but after watching them against Gilmer I thought they held their own...it will be a big test this Friday as they go up against Carthage Dline and LB's...I'm anxious to see what the offense can be with our starting QB and RB in there...Gilmer was a good test but I don't think they are anywhere near what we are fixing to see Friday...especially on the defensive side. Just have to come out healthy and keep getting better

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Usually a good game and statistically Nac is most played opponent in Henderson football history. 

Henderson is 2nd on the list for Nac in games played behind Lufkin.

Nacs top 3

Lufkin 101 Games played

Henderson 85 Games Played-haven't played a regular season game since 2012.

Jacksonville 81 Games Played

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I believe you will get a pretty good idea how Kilgore will be. I think they scrimmage Carthage this week. 

22 hours ago, kdogs00 said:

we are replacing the entire offensive line, QB, and RB....we may lean on the defense until the offense figures everything out...we have a very talented QB taking over (didnt play in Gilmer scrimmage) and a descent backup...we have several good RB's (as usual)...the biggest question was the OL but after watching them against Gilmer I thought they held their own...it will be a big test this Friday as they go up against Carthage Dline and LB's...I'm anxious to see what the offense can be with our starting QB and RB in there...Gilmer was a good test but I don't think they are anywhere near what we are fixing to see Friday...especially on the defensive side. Just have to come out healthy and keep getting better

Wait, on the Gilmer/Gladewater thread, someone from Gilmer said their D-line can dominate the game with just their 3 down linemen.  Said he learned that watching the scrimmage.

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

Wait, on the Gilmer/Gladewater thread, someone from Gilmer said their D-line can dominate the game with just their 3 down linemen.  Said he learned that watching the scrimmage.

Some Gilmer peeps also keep stats from a scrimmage... 😉

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

When the starters were in the game they did what they wanted. They didn’t get a lot of snaps during the scrimmage also Kilgore is breaking in some new guys so that was expected.

27 minutes ago, StillALion said:

Live half was Nac 7 - Hen 3.

First quarter Nac had negative yardage and 0 first downs.  Nac had 4-5 first downs and about 100 yards in the 2nd quarter and scored on the very last play. Henderson looked good in the the first quarter but completely slept walked thru the entire second.  

The QBs not being able to run hindered both teams a bunch and it would have been a lot different if they could have. 

99 Fields again did not dress out.

Theses new Henderson coaches I guess scrimmage dnt mean nothing to them just sit out lot of starters and working on other players.i would like to know really how they look   with the calibur QB they have, Henderson may have to tighten up on D. I didn't go, so did they throw any passes or just ran the ball.

5 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

We are very sloppy on Offense had a TD called back due to lineman down field. We got a lot of work to do.

It's going get that way at beginning, later everything will Gel during the season I know Nac. Got a good team this year,hope Henderson get on there stride alittle before game 2 in Gilmer.

Henderson coaches are making sure they know who can play, no reason to try and win a scrimmage.  When Henderson had their first team O on the field they moved the ball.  When the QB is able to run it will open everything up.  Their starting RB's got very few snaps last night.  And the TD Nac scored was on the 2s on the very last play of the live quarters.   Henderson was down 2 DL last night and missing 1-2 starting LB.   The D made big strides since last weeks scrimmage.  They were running a few sophomores on D and I think even a freshman DL.   Home opener against Hallsville will be a better indicator. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, LIONMAN said:

Henderson coaches are making sure they know who can play, no reason to try and win a scrimmage.  When Henderson had their first team O on the field they moved the ball.  When the QB is able to run it will open everything up.  Their starting RB's got very few snaps last night.  And the TD Nac scored was on the 2s on the very last play of the live quarters.   Henderson was down 2 DL last night and missing 1-2 starting LB.   The D made big strides since last weeks scrimmage.  They were running a few sophomores on D and I think even a freshman DL.   Home opener against Hallsville will be a better indicator. 

I think Henderson will be okay whenever seasons starts going.

I thought both teams were very Vanilla which was expected. Nac spent a lot of the live Qtr working on the line play. Play calling was mainly to get them in the right positions. Both defenses looked good. Very few big plays for either side. Taking the QB running ability did effect the game flow. There were times where the play was blown dead that in a real game would have been a big play. Nac would have had a pick 6 on one of the occasions and Henderson QB had a lot of room to run on one play.  

Nac was missing a very big part of their defense with their LB being out for the year. I think the senior QB has separated himself from the rest of the group and looks to be QB1. Nac did not run very many pass plays but had a few drops on what would have been big plays if not TDs. Nac is fast on the outside and will be just fine. 

4 hours ago, StillALion said:

Controlled portion of the scrimmage was …

Nac - 0

Hen - 0

”Neither team showed anything.”

Nac actually scored on a long pass play down the home sideline to score in the controlled portion. You are correct neither team did much, very vanilla. 

• Like 1