Joe Biden has just given you a pay cut, America. Get ready for more: Inflation taking a bite out of paychecks

RETIREDFAN1

13 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

All public school students in America have free breakfast and lunch this year, due to the Biden administration. I consider that investment. 

I’m taking my last class this semester.  I work, as does my wife.  I got $1,000 in HEERF 3 grant money.  I didn’t apply for it nor need it.  I wasn’t asked if I needed it.  But because I was a registered student it was deposited into my account.  How many other non traditional students across America got $1,000 that didn’t need it or want it?  Blanket programs are wasteful in my opinion.  They should give it to the kids that qualified through the FAFSA program

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

All public school students in America have free breakfast and lunch this year, due to the Biden administration. I consider that investment. 

It’s not free

43 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I’m taking my last class this semester.  I work, as does my wife.  I got $1,000 in HEERF 3 grant money.  I didn’t apply for it nor need it.  I wasn’t asked if I needed it.  But because I was a registered student it was deposited into my account.  How many other non traditional students across America got $1,000 that didn’t need it or want it?  Blanket programs are wasteful in my opinion.  They should give it to the kids that qualified through the FAFSA program

Anything the gov is involved in is wasteful. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Oh, ouch, attacking me because I think feeding kids at school is a very positive thing. You really wounded me there. Does it help that they have to pay for seconds or extras like cookies? 

If their parents have the means to pay for their lunches and breakfast I think their kids shouldn't eat for free.  I would hope that some of those parents donate the money to charity, but I'm sure they won't even think about it.  I also wonder if they're informed about it.  I did know that they were feeding kids during the summer, but you had to go to the school for the prepackaged meals.  

One thing I did not think about inflation is rents have been going up.  I realize that there is a moratorium on people having to pay rent, but they will eventually have to pay that money back.  That's going to be in the tens of thousands by the time that it's lifted, and rent is continuing to go up.  That isn't being counted into the inflation rate since people don't have to pay rent right now.  I wonder how many people are going to be homeless once they can go back to work. Inflation: Rent could be a persistent factor in higher consumer prices (cnbc.com)