4A teams that will move up to 5A next year?

TCU44

No one is really expected to move up in East Texas.  Kilgore and Chapel Hill are the best candidates and they aren’t close. 

There are two in 5A possibly moving down to 4A Div I:  Jacksonville and Sulphur Springs. 

44 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

No one is really expected to move up in East Texas.  Kilgore and Chapel Hill are the best candidates and they aren’t close. 

There are two in 5A possibly moving down to 4A Div I:  Jacksonville and Sulphur Springs. 

Would help both tremendously. Would love to see Jax drop down and get their program back to some kind of respectable level. They are in a very rough spot in 5a. If Kilgore, Henderson and Pali are all 4a then Jax should be too. 

IF Argyle does move up.......they are ready.  I'm not totally convinced yet that they will exceed the magic number......might be right on the cusp.  I think both Melissa and Anna will definitely make the number.  Currently that number is 1250.......200 more students than Argyle had last year.  Now we have Covid......some are home-schooling.  Then with all the move-ins to Texas from other states......and DFW esp.......the numbers will likely grow from last realignment.  So the magic number will most likely grow too.

9 hours ago, regaleagle said:

IF Argyle does move up.......they are ready.  I'm not totally convinced yet that they will exceed the magic number......might be right on the cusp.  I think both Melissa and Anna will definitely make the number.  Currently that number is 1250.......200 more students than Argyle had last year.  Now we have Covid......some are home-schooling.  Then with all the move-ins to Texas from other states......and DFW esp.......the numbers will likely grow from last realignment.  So the magic number will most likely grow too.

Argyle will definitely move up! I’m sure they will be fine they have a good program.

13 hours ago, Matt said:

Jax had 1211 first day. 1229 was last cutoff I believe. UIL usually adds 25-50 so looking that way for JaX to go 4A. 

I will be surprised if you see the cutoff numbers increase and possibly see the cutoffs numbers drop. Primary reason I believe is the arrival of Covid D will have a big impact on enrollment numbers. I suspect there is an increased number of parents opting to home school or search out virtual options. Last year enrollment dropped in Texas by 120,000 students. We will see on snap shot day. Should be interesting realignment cycle. Looking forward, I predict the 2024 realignment will be big changes.

6 hours ago, bordertown said:

I will be surprised if you see the cutoff numbers increase and possibly see the cutoffs numbers drop. Primary reason I believe is the arrival of Covid D will have a big impact on enrollment numbers. I suspect there is an increased number of parents opting to home school or search out virtual options. Last year enrollment dropped in Texas by 120,000 students. We will see on snap shot day. Should be interesting realignment cycle. Looking forward, I predict the 2024 realignment will be big changes.

Hmmmm, well, I don’t see that because it’s hard enough to get the 6-8 team districts they want. That means all schools would have to drop at the same rate and that isnt gonna happen with all the schools in Texas. What if one HS loses 100 students and another one doesn’t? How does that work? I see what you’re saying but it would really mess up the teams they want in each district.