Kaufman @ Lindale

GoodOleBoy73

Kaufman defeated district-mate Argyle in the Class 4A 7-on-7 this summer.......they have a couple of real tall recievers......real tall, fast, and with good athleticism.  Obviously their QB can hurl it or they would not have won the 7-on-7.  But I think their lines will be overmatched by Lindale's in size, and I really don't know how well they can defend this year.  Argyle pretty much had their way on offense last season against Kaufman......winning that matchup 48-7.  I suspect Kaufman will be improved this season in all areas.......they will be in a fight for a playoff spot in a tough district.

13 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Kaufman defeated district-mate Argyle in the Class 4A 7-on-7 this summer.......they have a couple of real tall recievers......real tall, fast, and with good athleticism.  Obviously their QB can hurl it or they would not have won the 7-on-7.  But I think their lines will be overmatched by Lindale's in size, and I really don't know how well they can defend this year.  Argyle pretty much had their way on offense last season against Kaufman......winning that matchup 48-7.  I suspect Kaufman will be improved this season in all areas.......they will be in a fight for a playoff spot in a tough district.

7 on 7 they play da foozball game with 7 players now? 

• Like 1

I think this is the beginning of a season where Lindale has a bull's eye on it, the game with Lindale circled on everyone's schedule. and everybody brings their "A" game.  Lindale will still get wins, but I am thinking every week is going to be a tough battle.  Hope I am wrong, but I am going to say Kaufman sneaks up on the Eagles with a narrow win, perhaps a wake up call for Lindale going forward.  Best to get it out of the way now before district starts.

I like Lindale's chances in this one.  The Eagles have a very good returning QB and a couple of very dependable receivers as well.  They also are battle-tested and have some darn good linemen returning.  And  finally.......it's in Lindale.  IMO......Kaufman will have to come in and play to a very high caliber and perhaps win the turnover battle to take a win home with them.......JMO.

• Like 3

Should be a fun one to start the season.

Kaufman is the state 7 on 7 champion so maybe they have some pretty good athletes and a QB that can throw it? I do not know much about what they have returning.

Lindale will have to go out and prove that they can operate in the post-Jenkins era. I think the QB is pretty good and possibly underrated in East Texas. Should have four seniors starting at WR and I think they return 3-4 offensive linemen and a couple of those started every game last year as sophomores.

This game should at least give us an idea of who these teams are

4 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Should be a fun one to start the season.

Kaufman is the state 7 on 7 champion so maybe they have some pretty good athletes and a QB that can throw it? I do not know much about what they have returning.

Lindale will have to go out and prove that they can operate in the post-Jenkins era. I think the QB is pretty good and possibly underrated in East Texas. Should have four seniors starting at WR and I think they return 3-4 offensive linemen and a couple of those started every game last year as sophomores.

This game should at least give us an idea of who these teams are

The only question mark i have is lindales defense.  They got some big shoes to fill on the line and secondary.  Im ready for Friday!!

7 minutes ago, JWM76 said:

Eagles and Zebras on the same team. Lions took care of both of them.

That’s funny cause on that second to last touchdown for Kaufman it was blatant offensive pass interference. The receiver flat shoved the defender to the ground