Lago Vista Vs. Cameron Yoe

Yoe09

Lago Vista, which is returning a total of 10 starters, is coming off a state quarterfinals appearance where they narrowly lost to Llano.  Cameron is returning 14 starters from a team that did not make the playoffs in a weaker-than-normal district.  

Thoughts?  

5 minutes ago, Yoe09 said:

Lago Vista, which is returning a total of 10 starters, is coming off a state quarterfinals appearance where they narrowly lost to Llano.  Cameron is returning 14 starters from a team that did not make the playoffs in a weaker-than-normal district.  

Thoughts?  

Pulling for Yoe. Looking forward to next week and hopefully a good test for our secondary 

5 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

Thoughts?  

First of all let’s hope everyone stays healthy. 
There is definitely a different vibe in the air since Coach Rhoades has returned to the sideline.  The players have more of a spring in their step. 
Defensively the Yoemen seem more aggressive as a team toward the ball handler.  There are a couple of issues that need attention but I am hopeful these will be iron out. 
Offensively they are very talented on the edges and look solid in the running back position.  The line is head and tails ahead of last years group.   Their weakness will be the development of a new QB.   Coach Rhoades is very experienced at developing QB’s.
Overall after watching the 2 scrimmages, the Yoemen are well ahead of where they were last season to say the least. 
Lago Vista will be solid opponent with them coming off a very successful 2020 campaign. 
Yoemen by 7

17 minutes ago, CMat79 said:

I’m sure you could take some positives from this game and even though it was a triple OT, a Rhoades team giving up 64 at home is unusual to say the least.

Yoe secondary looked confused. 11 for Lago  beat them easily.  Rhoades had pointed out before the contest the secondary needed  improvement.

Will be a long week for DC.

Yoe had a chance to win game in regulation, but could not score from the 2 yard line on 2 tries. I do not think Rhoades trust his QB as of yet.

Kicker missed field goal and Yoe went into OT.

It is going to be a very interesting non-district schedule for Yoe If they make it to district without any big  injuries they will be ok.

This was an exhibition of confusion for Yoe secondary.  
The secondary was having the same problems at both scrimmages.  Rhoades like he normal want no 2 way starters. If he would of put Hemphill on Lago’s #11 in the 2nd half we would be talking about a Yoe victory most likely. Things definitely will need to change in the secondary.  The Yoe D line and linebackers did an above average job against the run.  
Hemphill was dynamic as usual.  2 kickoff returns for TDs
He would of had 3 run backs but it was called back due to holding. 
My assessment is the Yoemen could be a pretty good team with about 4 two players. 

I would have never expected this game to play out as it did.  We certainly saw some issues in the secondary in the scrimmages, but I felt like Cameron's defense was going to be ahead of its offense coming into this game. As previously mentioned, Cameron had no answer for #11 the entire night.  He was wide open early in the game, and then even late in predictable situations he was still wide open.  You take away that and it wasn't all that bad, but that was 225 yards.  There will certainly have to be some adjustments there.  

The Yoe offense did struggle early on, but definitely made strides in the second half.   Cameron has excellent skill position talent.    

The nexts 3 weeks are going to be brutal, particularly next week:

Bellville - W 49-0 over Giddings

Franklin - W 27-20 over Lorena

Lake Belton - W 42-21 over Mexia

1 hour ago, Yoe1986 said:

Yoe will be in the mix come playoff time hide and watch. 

There is no question on that.  Cameron could go 0-4 in non-district and I would still feel safe saying this team should finish no worse than 2nd in district, if healthy.  

1 hour ago, Yoe09 said:

There is no question on that.  Cameron could go 0-4 in non-district and I would still feel safe saying this team should finish no worse than 2nd in district, if healthy.  

Also add could win the district if the secondary is coached up by district. If Muniz starts, it would not be a surprise to see Drake somewhere in the Yoe secondary.

13 minutes ago, bulldogs99 said:

Also add could win the district if the secondary is coached up by district. If Muniz starts, it would not be a surprise to see Drake somewhere in the Yoe secondary.

If the coverage does not improve against Bellville I see Rhoades taking over coaching up that secondary.   If he could have at least 2-3 going both ways this defense could be one of the better defenses Yoe has had in the last 5 seasons. 

1 hour ago, Yoe09 said:

Healthy is the big question mark for the Yoemen. 
Folks need to understand the Yoemen we’re down to there 3rd -4th running back at the end of regulation and overtime. 
Our defense had injuries to both of our top linebackers. 
They were in out. 
Let’s hope all these issues are minor and they all will be back next Friday.