Charlie Watts drummer for the Rolling Stones has passed away

mellon

Drummer Charlie Watts, whose adept, powerful skin work propelled the Rolling Stones for more than half a century, died in London on Tuesday morning, according to his spokesperson. No cause of death was cited; he was 80.

A statement from the band and Watts’ spokesperson reads: “It is with immense sadness that we announce the death of our beloved Charlie Watts. He passed away peacefully in a London hospital earlier today surrounded by his family.

“Charlie was a cherished husband, father and grandfather and also a member of the Rolling Stones one of the greatest drummers of his generation.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/charlie-watts-rolling-stones-drummer-dead-dies-1235047778/

Farewell.  Tell Keith Moon I said hey.  It's odd that he died the day after Keith's birthday.  Charlie was the exact opposite of Keith.  He was the eye in the middle of the storm that kept the pulse beating for the band.  He just did his thing.  58 years is a long time doing a job you love, and he made a lot of money doing it.  I always thought it was funny watching him play the drums like it was no big whoop.  

Rolling Stones - Get Off Of My Cloud - YouTube

• Like 1