Texas High vs Arkansas High cancelled Sep 3.

Tiger4Life93

1 minute ago, MattStepp said:

Arkansas High's admin has zero influence in PG vs LE

I get it sir, there still is no real logic behind it unless you cancel all the games.  There are no hospitals on the Arkansas SIDE of Texarkana. Those same fans going to Paris would have been at the Texas High game. NO real solution , it just #### all around.

I am a believer in Covid being real…….But playing this week and not next week is real silly………Limit those who can attend to 2 tickets per player.   Band can have a concert another time during the week and limit them to 2 tickets per student.   Wear a mask or leave - no exceptions.  But let the kids play. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cotton84 said:

I am a believer in Covid being real…….But playing this week and not next week is real silly………Limit those who can attend to 2 tickets per player.   Band can have a concert another time during the week and limit them to 2 tickets per student.   Wear a mask or leave - no exceptions.  But let the kids play. 

I agree....100% or just stream the game like they did last year. But you can't play one week , cancel,  and  then play in the same stadium the following week. 

1 minute ago, MattStepp said:

its pretty clear who didnt want to play the game...nothing T High can do but try and find another game

What does that have to do with anything?Were talking about the logic behind cancelling. Who cares about rescheduling. Nobody is scared to play if thats what you are implying . 

Just now, Tiger4Life93 said:

What does that have to do with anything?Were talking about the logic behind cancelling. Who cares about rescheduling. Nobody is scared to play if thats what you are implying . 

It has everything to do with it....there's no logic behind the canceling...Texas High wants to play the game....Arkansas doesnt want to play...whatever reason they have doesnt make a ton of sense...but nothing Coach Stanford can do is except try to find a game

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

It has everything to do with it....there's no logic behind the canceling...Texas High wants to play the game....Arkansas doesnt want to play...whatever reason they have doesnt make a ton of sense...but nothing Coach Stanford can do is except try to find a game

Don't care about Stanford having to reschedule.  I care about the kids who work hard and have looked foward to this and other games. Maybe Norton will reschedule too since the superintendent  was scared to play Texas High ...Politics as usual, l Matt

Edited by Tiger4Life93
Spelling

27 minutes ago, Tiger4Life93 said:

Don't care about Stanford having to reschedule.  I care about the kids who work hard and have looked foward to this and other games. Maybe Norton will reschedule too since the superintendent  was scared to play Texas High ...Politics as usual, l Matt

How is this politics? It’s one side choosing not to play.

Does it make literally any sense? Negative. But it’s their choice to break their agreement. It #### for Texas High, and Texarkana in general, but this seems purely a choice by Arkansas High. 

8 minutes ago, Texlov said:

Big difference. If they're at home the stadium won't be packed, and if they're on road they won't be near Texarkana.

Texas high is at home playing Tyler im sure there will be a decent size crowd there. 

3 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Looks like Arkansas was the scared one . Don’t get into your feelings . It doesn’t make sense playing this week and not the next.

Nobody is in their feelings !!! Its frustrating when dummy fans  like you..assume coaches and kids are scared to play when it obviously says this was decided by the superintendent  and school board. I didn't see "scared to play" anywhere in the news article . Yall just like to be smarta$$e$ behing keyboards. I feel bad for the kids. 

4 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

How is this politics? It’s one side choosing not to play.

Does it make literally any sense? Negative. But it’s their choice to break their agreement. It #### for Texas High, and Texarkana in general, but this seems purely a choice by Arkansas High. 

Its politics because it was left to those who don't play or involved in coaching or playing .  

2 minutes ago, Tiger4Life93 said:

Nobody is in their feelings !!! Its frustrating when dummy fans  like you..assume coaches and kids are scared to play when it obviously says this was decided by the superintendent  and school board. I didn't see "scared to play" anywhere in the news article . Yall just like to be smarta$$e$ behing keyboards. I feel bad for the kids. 

I am sure Arkansas High's coaches and kids want to play....but sometimes there's decisions made above their heads

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I am sure Arkansas High's coaches and kids want to play....but sometimes there's decisions made above their heads

That's all I was saying Matt. It really ####. My son is one of those players . Its a rash decision by those higher up with no logic. Especially since they have not cancelled  the rest of the home  season games. (Fingers crossed)..lol

24 minutes ago, Tiger4Life93 said:

Its politics because it was left to those who don't play or involved in coaching or playing .  

Every single athletic event is "left to those who don't play or are involved in coaching."

8 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Every single athletic event is "left to those who don't play or are involved in coaching."

Thanks for the insight..lol...this is mainly for people saying teams were scared to play. The article above clearly says the superintendents for BOTH schools agreed  based on advice from medical officials.