Texas High vs Arkansas High cancelled Sep 3.

Tiger4Life93

3 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Keep telling yourself that 

I dont think they are scared when  they have been playing with a thousand less kids every year! Let THS play the bigger schools  with a thousand more kids and see how they  do. Oh i forgot they did a couple of years ago and got killed every game ! Smarta$$

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

This was a Miller Co. call backed by the AISD admin.   I’m also sure it’s not going to hurt Coach Norton’s feelings because the outcome would not have been good for the Hogs.   Play the game at Texas High and limit the tix to 25%-5-% cap.   

Both stadiums are about the same size but you are right.

IMHO, COVID is just a convenient excuse for AHS to discontinue this game because of the disparity in the sizes of the two schools even though that has not been a factor in the past.  We will not find out for sure until later on this year when the coaches, especially in Texas start compiling their schedules for the next two year cycle.  This sentiment of discontinuing this series has been floating around the past few years.  Last season, both AHS and PG had games canceled because of COVID on the same weekend.  Arkansas's coach Norton goes on the media and states that he looked everywhere to find a game but was unsuccessful.  If both teams had been willing and contact was made between Gibson at PG and Norton, that game could have materialized.  Arkansas's game was a home game so it seems like they would have had concessions and officials ready to go and Arkansas's stadium would have easily accommodated the spectators.  Besides, AHS, PG, and LE are all close in the size of their student populations so maybe AHS can still schedule games with a city opponent that does not have 1000 more students than they do.  If AHS and Norton want out then so be it.  Don't let the door knob hit you...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

IMHO, COVID is just a convenient excuse for AHS to discontinue this game because of the disparity in the sizes of the two schools even though that has not been a factor in the past.  We will not find out for sure until later on this year when the coaches, especially in Texas start compiling their schedules for the next two year cycle.  This sentiment of discontinuing this series has been floating around the past few years.  Last season, both AHS and PG had games canceled because of COVID on the same weekend.  Arkansas's coach Norton goes on the media and states that he looked everywhere to find a game but was unsuccessful.  If both teams had been willing and contact was made between Gibson at PG and Norton, that game could have materialized.  Arkansas's game was a home game so it seems like they would have had concessions and officials ready to go and Arkansas's stadium would have easily accommodated the spectators.  Besides, AHS, PG, and LE are all close in the size of their student populations so maybe AHS can still schedule games with a city opponent that does not have 1000 more students than they do.  If AHS and Norton want out then so be it.  Don't let the door knob hit you...

I'm thinking this series is over at least from a football standpoint. the LE A-high games have always seemed much more competitive than the T-high series even though i know a-high has won a couple. I really wish pg and a-high would play now, those 2 games where really good and the size of the schools is pretty close like LE.

I'm sure Texas high will find an opponent for next week but who knows where they will have find one and if they do will that team be willing to travel or will t-high have to travel. the money that is already lost from the shirts and other things that are purchased for not just the game but all the events that go on during the t-high a-high game week and then if you add in having to travel im sure the admin at t-high isnt going to be pleased.  

going to be funny if Arkansas high ends up scheduling another game next week or if they just practice until the following week at Mt. Pleasant.

2 hours ago, txk85 said:

I'm thinking this series is over at least from a football standpoint. the LE A-high games have always seemed much more competitive than the T-high series even though i know a-high has won a couple. I really wish pg and a-high would play now, those 2 games where really good and the size of the schools is pretty close like LE.

I'm sure Texas high will find an opponent for next week but who knows where they will have find one and if they do will that team be willing to travel or will t-high have to travel. the money that is already lost from the shirts and other things that are purchased for not just the game but all the events that go on during the t-high a-high game week and then if you add in having to travel im sure the admin at t-high isnt going to be pleased.  

going to be funny if Arkansas high ends up scheduling another game next week or if they just practice until the following week at Mt. Pleasant.

They will not play next week and they dont play Mt Pleasant the week after! They play Pine Bluff Dollarway  and then Mt Pleasant . Since everyone  thinks PG is so good they need to play Texas High  and they will see how they can handle the size of them year in and year ou! 

5 minutes ago, WhyUMad said:

They will not play next week and they dont play Mt Pleasant the week after! They play Pine Bluff Dollarway  and then Mt Pleasant . Since everyone  thinks PG is so good they need to play Texas High  and they will see how they can handle the size of them year in and year ou! 

sorry didn't look at their schedule knew they were playing MP thought it was in 2 weeks.

PG is good obviously not unbeatable but they are a very good program for their size school.  Like i said their enrollment is close to what Arkansas highs is so i would like for them and LE to play instead of Arkansas high playing T-high.  

22 hours ago, Tiger4Life93 said:

Yes ! I don't know why they couldn't still play the game with limited or no fans and stream it live on Texarkana Gameday ..

Man I can tell you why. Texarkana. You read the comments on the posts when they released that information and it's appalling. It truly blows my mind the way people think sometimes, especially so close to home. 

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, txk85 said:

sorry didn't look at their schedule knew they were playing MP thought it was in 2 weeks.

PG is good obviously not unbeatable but they are a very good program for their size school.  Like i said their enrollment is close to what Arkansas highs is so i would like for them and LE to play instead of Arkansas high playing T-high.  

I agree with you!

37 minutes ago, txk85 said:

PG is definitely  not unbeatable!  I think they lose three to four games this year. Argyle,Carthage, Gilmer and possibly Paris.

19 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Man I can tell you why. Texarkana. You read the comments on the posts when they released that information and it's appalling. It truly blows my mind the way people think sometimes, especially so close to home. 

let’s not get started on cass county...yikes

1 minute ago, RogerDorn said:

let’s not get started on cass county...yikes

What a valid argument you make. All these Cass County teams cancelling their games to go play other people as if COVID can only be transferred between the 2 teams. You want to talk about yikes, explain that ignorance. OH WAIT, that's actually not Cass County. 

18 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

What a valid argument you make. All these Cass County teams cancelling their games to go play other people as if COVID can only be transferred between the 2 teams. You want to talk about yikes, explain that ignorance. OH WAIT, that's actually not Cass County. 

Man Cass County folks don’t wear shoes 

19 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

All jokes aside I agree it is ignorant. Hate it for the players 

Just now, RogerDorn said:

All jokes aside I agree it is ignorant. Hate it for the players 

I just saw how baseball went down last year. They cancelled before the season even started. I know it was a messed up situation, but Atlanta opted to do it for the kids, just at a later time. Believe you me, baseball in July and August is terrible, but the boys will remember it forever. 

• Like 1

Its really time to end the TH/AHS series but I know it won't happen anytime soon.  Nobody wants to go to school at AHS and the enrollment continues to plummet.  At this rate they will soon be in the same district as Fouke and Genoa Central.  THS would have put a serious whippin on them.  Maybe Norton knew this but the team sounds awful.  But this is not the same series we saw in the 60's,  70's and 80's.  Just my two cents.

• Like 1

If Ark High doesn't want to play any more that is fine with me.  Just don't pull the Covid card when you are playing a game the next day.  These games have not been "packed to the max" the last few years anyway and I'm sure would be less this year regardless. It made no sense for Ark to travel to Paris and Texas High play a high attendence game at home vs JT if the "super spreader" excuse is given.  Limit the tickets if that is a concern.  And for the record I don't think any of the players are "scared" of the game. I'll keep the rest of my opinion to myself.

But this doesn't make sense

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1