WEEK TWO: Pittsburg @ Mt. Vernon

MVFAN1

Let’s just hope this game doesn’t go until 11 o clock like last night lol. Going to take mv by 21.   I want to see our qb make some better passes this week. He threw behind several wide open receivers last night that would have ended up as long td passes. 

15 minutes ago, Jeepster89 said:

Let’s just hope this game doesn’t go until 11 o clock like last night lol. Going to take mv by 21.   I want to see our qb make some better passes this week. He threw behind several wide open receivers last night that would have ended up as long td passes. 

Hopefully just first game jitters. He has some big shoes to fill so I'm sure feels the pressure. Hopefully the big win will help him get settled in.  He still made some good throws that our receivers should have caught.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cg302 said:

Hopefully just first game jitters. He has some big shoes to fill so I'm sure feels the pressure. Hopefully the big win will help him get settled in.  He still made some good throws that our receivers should have caught.  

For his first ever varsity start I thought he performed pretty well. Underthrew a couple guys, but had some throws that were perfect too. Things will start slowing down for him and he will see the field better with more reps. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jeepster89 said:

Our game went until 11:00 as well. 

If Pitt can move the ball on the ground outta the wing T offense, it can slow the game down and keep them in it. 
One thing about MV defense is they are pretty quick and fly to the ball, but don’t have a lot of size. 
If we can stop the run, it’ll be over by the half 

• Like 1