WEEK TWO: Pittsburg @ Mt. Vernon

MVFAN1

1 hour ago, BigBoy44 said:

Actually held Jefferson to 7 and that came after blown coverage on a 62 yard pass play along with that int returned for game winning TD. Other than that, Jefferson had nothing. It is, what it is and Jefferson won that ballgame. Pitt is on to MV now and looking forward to bouncing back. Pitt Strike!

Really interested to see how MV line on both sides holds up against Pitt. 
Hooks gave us no problems up front, but I know Pitt should be bigger, faster, and stronger. 
I say 35-14 MV 

3 hours ago, BigBoy44 said:

Actually held Jefferson to 7 and that came after blown coverage on a 62 yard pass play along with that int returned for game winning TD. Other than that, Jefferson had nothing. It is, what it is and Jefferson won that ballgame. Pitt is on to MV now and looking forward to bouncing back. Pitt Strike!

Lol it was Jefferson....they went 2-8 last year. MV is a different Monster. Holding Jeffy Offense to 7 and stopping MV......night and day. 

2 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Pitt gets the dub. Hate to tell ya, but Pitt will be one of the top programs in the next two to three years. 

0E8F816C-3A13-4573-B539-03E546AE9DD8.gif

I think the coach can get the program back on track too but that takes time. Would be surprised to see it week 2. MV a little better than Jefferson 

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I think it’ll be quicker than people expect. I’m not making light of MV. Just excited about Pitt. It’s quite possible they get 3rd in their district. Definitely 4th. I believe they’ll get at least one playoff win this year. They’ll face his old district. He just got through winning a district championship at San Quentin High. The man is one hell of a motivator. 

If they can execute their offense and score on long drives and get a few three and outs, it could be interesting. Pitts size may give MV some problems, but I think they will hold up ok. MV would be silly to overlook Pitt just because the Jefferson score. I just think the tigers on a little bit different level right now 

12 hours ago, yukoncornelius said:

No question Bates is really good.  But are you really counting on 1 guy to stop 11?  By the way, he's gained alot of weight.

Bates is 235 now up 10-15 lbs from last year. Got his first career int last week in the secondary, so his movement is even better. Had a couple of decent carries last week also. Maybe he'll break his dad's record of five TDs scored against MV back in our days of playing in late 80's. 

Pitt 28

MV 14

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBoy44 said:

Bates is 235 now up 10-15 lbs from last year. Got his first career int last week in the secondary, so his movement is even better. Had a couple of decent carries last week also. Maybe he'll break his dad's record of five TDs scored against MV back in our days of playing in late 80's. 

Pitt 28

MV 14

I was responding to the video of MV rb and letting u that Pitt has a run stopper.

1 minute ago, yukoncornelius said:

Like I said, he's dang good.  One of the best I've seen in a while.  But, MV is way more than just a running team.  Their receivers are their strength.

If QB has a little time, gonna be a long night for the dbs in coverage. Last year we torched Pitt through the air. If Pitt can get pressure it should neutralize that a little bit, but MV QB is pretty elusive and can use his legs too 

Guest Tiger03lb
10 hours ago, BigBoy44 said:

I was responding to the video of MV rb and letting u that Pitt has a run stopper.

From the video it looks like the dt is a handful. Is he a junior/senior? This isn't a shot at him but Jeffy could've had a hand in that as well. 

10 hours ago, BigBoy44 said:

Pitt 28

MV 14

I watched his dad play.  He was really good too. 😉