WEEK TWO: Pittsburg @ Mt. Vernon

MVFAN1

On 8/30/2021 at 9:50 AM, Pirate44 said:

Pitt killed their selves dropping wide open passes stopping drives and a lot of penalties. Should’ve been 28-0 at the half but stuff happens. Hopefully they get it together this week or this will start off slow then MV will start running away with it. Pitt defense is good and secondary has improved a lot better than last year so they will keep it close but if the offense doesn’t produce they will break.

Like I said started off slow then MV ran away with it. Pitt has to get this offense going or it’s going to be a very long season. Pitt Defense is very solid 

21 minutes ago, Pirate44 said:

Like I said started off slow then MV ran away with it. Pitt has to get this offense going or it’s going to be a very long season. Pitt Defense is very solid 

Yes I agree. Pitt D came to play especially in the first half i was impressed. 
If Pitt can get in a groove on offense and hold onto the ball they’ll be just fine. At least should battle for 3rd or 4th in district 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

They’re not going 0-10. More than like get 3rd spot in district. What’s up with some of these Pitt fans. Program been down awhile. Y’all got one of the best coaches around. It’s gonna take a tad longer than 2-3 games to get it straight. Y’all’s defense is playing lights out. As soon as that O Line figures it out and moves the chains to gi d the defense a breather, Pitt will give opponents fits. 

Pitt will end up 4th.   Gilmer, LE and PG will be 1,2,3.     Gilmer 1 and the other 2 in no particular order.   

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

They’re not going 0-10. More than like get 3rd spot in district. What’s up with some of these Pitt fans. Program been down awhile. Y’all got one of the best coaches around. It’s gonna take a tad longer than 2-3 games to get it straight. Y’all’s defense is playing lights out. As soon as that O Line figures it out and moves the chains to gi d the defense a breather, Pitt will give opponents fits. 

I didnt say that they were going 0-10. I'm saying that Bates will always be a Pirate, whether they go 0-10 or 10-0, we are Pirates!

3 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I know. Some Pitt fans are a little more dopey than I would’ve guessed. Y’all got a good one and it’s gonna show in the coming years. I hope he doesn’t change his preseason schedule up any. These teams will be licking their wounds next go round. 

In fairness to Pit fans, their new skipper hasn’t been at the same place more than two years bad a HC.