Celina vs Paris

TCU44

FINAL

Celina 35
Paris 24

Sloppy, sloppy game. Bobcats did not play very well on either side of the ball. Celina had about half their starters missing, and had a few other key injuries in the game. Happy to get the win, but Bobcats have a lot to clean up.

Paris came out punching, but those punches went from connecting to the Bobcats jaw to hitting themselves in the face.

- 2 turnovers in the red zone

- Far too many free play penalties

- Allowed a 50+ yard TD run on 4th down

- Allowed a 94 yard TD pass when Celina was backed against their own end zone.

- gave Celina a couple of short fields on a shanked punt and a fumble inside the 10

6 minutes ago, stevosev7 said:

Paris came out punching, but those punches went from connecting to the Bobcats jaw to hitting themselves in the face.

- 2 turnovers in the red zone

- Far too many free play penalties

- Allowed a 50+ yard TD run on 4th down

- Allowed a 94 yard TD pass when Celina was backed against their own end zone.

- gave Celina a couple of short fields on a shanked punt and a fumble inside the 10

Sounds like nothing but early season woes for what is really gonna be a very good team.  All of these kinds of mistakes are easy to correct as long as the team is still very aggressive and competitive with talent.  Look at the bright side......the team made mistakes that cost them, still scored 24 against a very good Celina team, and managed to keep themselves in the game regardless.  These early season big games are just for this purpose.......correction and getting a look at where to go from here.

28 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

FINAL

Celina 35
Paris 24

Sloppy, sloppy game. Bobcats did not play very well on either side of the ball. Celina had about half their starters missing, and had a few other key injuries in the game. Happy to get the win, but Bobcats have a lot to clean up.

Why were so many starters out in this game?  Were there some Covid deals or just minor injuries to keep them out?  I can tell you for a fact that Celina better come ready to play next week in Argyle for sure.

2 hours ago, TCU44 said:

You can be nice we know that Argyle is  not going to lose to anybody this year unless they have mass injuries!!🤷🏼‍♂️

Nothing is etched in stone in Texas High School Football......each game stands on its own.  It still remains to be seen how this Eagles team will react to adversity during a tight contest. With Argyle's schedule this season and the teams they will face, sooner or later there will be some adversity during a game to overcome. Jaedon Scarlett lost his Dad this week......that was a good deal of adversity for the whole team and community this week.  Obviously, Jaedon did not play tonight.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Why were so many starters out in this game?  Were there some Covid deals or just minor injuries to keep them out?  I can tell you for a fact that Celina better come ready to play next week in Argyle for sure.

Several were sick (non covid). A few were hurt last week, which I didn’t realize. By the 2nd quarter, Celina was out of RBs, and we were plugging in kids who have had no reps at the position. Also lost our stud receiver about halfway through too. Not sure the extent of his injury, but he could be out next week.

I will say, I was impressed with Paris overall. They’re much further along than they were last year, and they have potential to get even better. Their offensive line is not very big, but I thought they played extremely well for the most part. Hohenberger is not flash at QB, but the kid just makes plays somehow. Made some really good throws, and kept some drives alive with his feet. Paris should definitely take 2nd in District 7, and I’m thinking they’re at least a 3-rounds-deep kinda team. I could see them in the Region II title game, too.

1 hour ago, Footballalltheway said:

No beating from me.  The score didn’t end up quite where you thought but Celina looked in control the whole game from what I could tell.  I was flipping between lots of different games.  Look forward to the Carthage/Celina throw down.  Argyle is in a different stratosphere then everyone else it seems so I wouldn’t get too worried if that doesn’t go your direction next week.  

I’d say, Paris controlled the first 10 minutes, or so, and then Celina took over. Game wasn’t quite as close as the score indicated. Paris is a good team, though.

As far as next week, if Celina is completely healthy, they can play with Argyle. If they’re as banged up as they were against Paris, then it’s going to be mighty tough to stay within 3-4 TDs.

• Like 1

I watched the video of the Melissa/Frisco Memorial(5A-D2) game last night.  Actually Melissa defense did not play as poorly as the score might indicate.  It was Melissa's offense giving short fields, tons of movement penalties, and turnovers that caused the score to escalate. It was a good game at 35-35 even with all the Cards offensive mistakes until the 4th quarter when Melissa gambled twice on 4th and long in their own end and got stopped both times.  And then a turnover deep, an interception.......they let the game get away from them.  I saw an improved team in Melissa last night from the first week both offensively and defensively.  The Cardinals definitely have some skill players and pretty darn good qb.......just not "together" yet.  They are making it very tough on the defensive side so far.  Keep a close eye on them......that Memorial team had some beef and a good QB, and a 4 star receiver with tons of offers.