***Week 2: Alto Yellowjackets (0-1) @ Timpson Bears (1-0) - 9/3/2021***

StingEmALTO

Alto @ Timpson  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alto
    • Timpson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/2021 at 12:30 AM

(Side-note:  I asked Bear9T1 if he wanted to start this thread since Timpson is the heavy favorite! He said for me to go ahead. Lol)

The Alto Yellowjackets (11-2A D1) will travel to Timpson to take on the #3 Bears (10-2A D1) this Friday. The Jackets stumbled out of the gate with a 48-18 loss to Troup while the Bears soundly defeated Frankston 61-0. The Jackets lead the series 30-16-1 but lost to the state semi-finalists 40-6 last year. The last time Timpson defeated Alto two years in a row was in 2003 and 2004. Seems like a tall task for the Jackets, who are learning a new system under Coach Gamble, but that’s why you play the game, right? The Jackets will have to limit mistakes (too many turnovers vs Troup!) and play with their hair on fire every down to have any hope of upsetting the Bears. 

I’m a homer and never pick against my Jackets so I’m going Alto by 7. Some folks are saying Timpson by fiddy. We’ll see Friday night! It’s the BATTLE OF THE BLACK & GOLD and IT’S ON!!

GOOOOOO JACKETS! STING ‘EM!!

• Like 2

• StingEmALTO changed the title to ***Week 2: Alto Yellowjackets (0-1) @ Timpson Bears (1-0) - 9/3/2021***
18 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

(Side-note:  I asked Bear9T1 if he wanted to start this thread since Timpson is the heavy favorite! He said for me to go ahead. Lol)

The Alto Yellowjackets (11-2A D1) will travel to Timpson to take on the #3 Bears (10-2A D1)  this Friday. The Jackets stumbled out of the gate with a 48-18 loss to Troup while the Bears soundly defeated Frankston 61-0. The Jackets lead the series 30-16-1 but lost to the state semi-finalists 40-6 last year. The last time Timpson defeated Alto two years in a row was in 2003 and 2004. Seems like a tall task for the Jackets, who are learning a new system under Coach Gamble, but that’s why you play the game, right? The Jackets will have to limit mistakes (too many turnovers vs Troup!) and play with their hair on fire every down to have any hope of upsetting the Bears. 

I’m a homer and never pick against my Jackets so I’m going Alto by 7. Some folks are saying Timpson by fiddy. We’ll see Friday night! It’s the BATTLE OF THE BLACK & GOLD and IT’S ON!!

GOOOOOO JACKETS! STING ‘EM!!

Battle of the black and golds fo sho my friend!! Gonna be fun!!

• Like 3

I just want to see us show up expecting to beat the favorites (and rightfully so) in our region. Don’t believe in laying down for anyone and who better to go out and see than the cream of the crop. I’m fully aware of what we look like right now, and that we are clearly going to be in for a hell of a night against a hell of a team. But I wanna see us be physical and for Timpson to at least have to earn what they get, knowing when it’s done that they had to actually play us. Very tall order for us this week. 

• Like 2

The moves coach T has made on defense this year we’re lights out against Frankston.   It’s gonna be interesting to see if we can keep that intensity up moving forward.  Offensively this is the most TALENT and SPEED I’ve ever seen at Timpson.  Weapons everywhere you look...options are plentiful. I fully expect Alto to bring everything they have for 4 quarters of great football!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bear9T1 said:

The moves coach T has made on defense this year we’re lights out against Frankston.   It’s gonna be interesting to see if we can keep that intensity up moving forward.  Offensively this is the most TALENT and SPEED I’ve ever seen at Timpson.  Weapons everywhere you look...options are plentiful. I fully expect Alto to bring everything they have for 4 quarters of great football!!

Alto will get back to being Alto, but they’re a long way from being ready to play with a team on the level of Timpson right now. This one will get out of hand quickly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Alto will get back to being Alto, but they’re a long way from being ready to play with a team on the level of Timpson right now. This one will get out of hand quickly. 

I disagree partially.....Alto won’t get back to Alto until they get back to their roots of hard work, determination and relentless effort. What better time than this game? I remember when Alto came to Joaquin with Fred Thacker averaging 250yds/game and a stable full of athletes and nobody gave Rams a chance. Kids refused to believe that and the ball bounced our way that night and it was the first victory over Jackets ever I think..... but kids bought into each other and staff and executed game plan to perfection. This is much of the same this week for Alto. Nobody gives Jackets a chance. If the kids believe this then they are defeated already. While it may be a tall task evbody puts pants on one leg at a time. Refuse to lose. Give relentless effort. Believe in each other and amazing things can happen.... but to show up and hope we make em earn it or at least just compete some isn’t doing any good but contributing to a losing mentality.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

I disagree partially.....Alto won’t get back to Alto until they get back to their roots of hard work, determination and relentless effort. What better time than this game? I remember when Alto came to Joaquin with Fred Thacker averaging 250yds/game and a stable full of athletes and nobody gave Rams a chance. Kids refused to believe that and the ball bounced our way that night and it was the first victory over Jackets ever I think..... but kids bought into each other and staff and executed game plan to perfection. This is much of the same this week for Alto. Nobody gives Jackets a chance. If the kids believe this then they are defeated already. While it may be a tall task evbody puts pants on one leg at a time. Refuse to lose. Give relentless effort. Believe in each other and amazing things can happen.... but to show up and hope we make em earn it or at least just compete some isn’t doing any good but contributing to a losing mentality.

Basically what you said is what I’m saying. “Show up” meaning come to play hard. “Make them earn everything they get” goes along with that relentless effort you speak of. You have to claw tooth and nail to do that every single snap for 4 quarters. That’s what I wanna see out of them this week against the bears. You’ve gotta come in expecting to win or else yes, you’re already defeated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreaseLightning said:

A winning culture is an ongoing process. We can’tgrow complacent of that fact. Each class has to put in the work to keep that going. Can’t live on past achievements. But we can build upon them.

I think you just nailed Timpson perfectly...for sure building over the last few years and hopefully that will continue.  Lots of sophomores on this team...

11 hours ago, UnclePigg said:

What happened to Alto? Have they run out of players? Any sign of hope in the younger classes?

I mean it’s a culmination of things. You could say we need stability, you could say we just don’t have the numbers right now, or you could say we just have to simply rebuild the culture. I mean, just 2 seasons ago we blank Timpson 45-0 at their house. We hold Garrison’s special Talent in Porter to -17 yards rushing for 4 quarters. Look what Timpson does the very next year (and continues to do this season thus far). They’ve just got a special crop. We also had 22 seniors that year, so…. I mean we’ve got kids coming. I think we have more right now that should/could be playing as well and the sooner we can start finding success, the more of those kids we will start seeing on the practice field.  My personal opinion is that we are just going to have to let Gamble cultivate what we have and especially those just now hitting Jr. High and those that are in the last couple years of elementary. He took this job to build a program and we have to be patient. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

Alto will be back, but I don’t think it will happen Friday night. Timpson has too much fire power right now

Yep, just when you think you’ve got #10 & 22 under control you have to worry about 2, 6, 9, 13, 1 well...you get the pic lol 

***UPDATE***

Alto will not be playing Timpson Friday night. 😩 Too many players out and awaiting Covid test results. If we played today we would have 5 starters on each side of the ball. So disappointed. School is still in session but no clue for how long. 

I hope Timpson can find a quality opponent. They have a special football team right now and hopefully they’ll get to show out this week….maybe even against a larger school. Good luck to the Bears. 

57CC5CBB-3C47-421B-AB8F-FBFB598330A8.jpeg

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

***UPDATE***

Alto will not be playing Timpson Friday night. 😩 Too many players out and awaiting Covid test results. If we played today we would have 5 starters on each side of the ball. So disappointed. School is still in session but no clue for how long. 

I hope Timpson can find a quality opponent. They have a special football team right now and hopefully they’ll get to show out this week….maybe even against a larger school. Good luck to the Bears. 

It's starting to really take a toll .... hope this gets under control soon  ......

• Like 1